Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2006   #1
Cheroqui
Veteran

Default Week 6 trade deadline (TJ)

Should we try to get TJ Duckett from Washington? I only ask because I think we should have a pounder like him and Washington isn't using him so why not. Other than our D stopping the run, and tightening up on pass defense that's the only missing piece IMO to have a more complete setup and get wins after things fall in place. We can also rotate with Jameel Cook. So once we get a HB to step up and hopefully be able to catch out of the backfield it may help. Good move or why bother?
Old 10-02-2006   #2
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Default Re: Week 6 trade deadline (TJ)

But the question is, what do we have that Washington wants. I think they gave up quite a bit to get him.
Old 10-02-2006   #3
K.D.
Veteran

No way, pass on that. Same type back like Dayne, don't need 2 of them. If anybody get LT's back-up.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd say no. unless i'm mixing players, he's the big load from atlanta, and we've already got a pair of that player in dayne & gado. it's a bit odd that i find myself saying it, given my stance of the past few years, but if anything we'd want a change of pace speedster at this point. we are hurting for a fullback, but that's not duckett's strong suit. if we're going to trade for anyone, it needs to be on the offensive line and in the defensive secondary.
Old 10-02-2006   #5
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

I think the o line will be fine after they've had some time to work together.
Old 10-02-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheus_Rex View Post
I think the o line will be fine after they've had some time to work together.
No! Not the gel comment
Old 10-02-2006   #7
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

No I never said gel. I hate gel. I'm just one of those people who doesn't expect to go from a 2-14 season and an oline that falls down on the snap to a post season spot in one year.
Old 10-02-2006   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

we need an LT pretty bad. When Salaam went down for a couple plays, it got nasty at LT. That was when Taylor got through and stripped the ball from Carr.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
we need an LT pretty bad. When Salaam went down for a couple plays, it got nasty at LT. That was when Taylor got through and stripped the ball from Carr.
wand. the ONLY thing wand didnt have was a mean streak ... i'm willing to bet that the prospect of not playing anymore is plenty motivation to bring that out of him. i'll be extremely disappointed if we dont bring him back at this point.
Old 10-02-2006   #10
slamdunc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post

I agree Grid...what the heck are they doing without TE help or at least chip with a RB? It's not like Jason Taylor has a history of getting to the QB in this league!
slamdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #11
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we make no trades for Running backs this year, and hopefullly draft Garrett Wolfe Northern Illinois.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
wand. the ONLY thing wand didnt have was a mean streak ... i'm willing to bet that the prospect of not playing anymore is plenty motivation to bring that out of him. i'll be extremely disappointed if we dont bring him back at this point.
obviously there was something else they didn't like about Wand. I figured after Spencer got hurt, we'd get Wand back in here, but we didn't.

As for Runningback, I say stay put with Gado, Dayne & Lundy. I believe our run game suffered more because of our OLine than our backs...... there just wasn't many holes for them to run through. And Dayne, I think, does a great job of making something out of nothing.

We've seen what he can do when he gets a crease.......

Let's not sell the Miami defense short though..... they've got a few Probowlers who've made a living against the run.

Unless you think Miami should unload RonnieBrown.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
obviously there was something else they didn't like about Wand. I figured after Spencer got hurt, we'd get Wand back in here, but we didn't.
I guess so. Too bad his good play on the field this pre-season doesn't overcome whatever it is the coaches don't like. It isn't like he is a criminal or some other type of troublemaker. Just the opposite, apparently.

Carr was talking about his arm being numb after a couple of his throws because he was getting hit hard even on successful plays. Hopefully the coaches do something to upgrade the o-line where there is an easy, quick solution before Carr gets seriously hurt.
Old 10-02-2006   #14
phan1
All Pro

I wouldn't mind as he does have experience in the scheme. But I also don't want us to sacrifice much to get him. Right now, it looks like the most important thing is finding a guy who is going to find the hole, which is the #1 reason why Dayne's starting. He's just finding openings that the other RBs aren't. The Oline needs to get better.

One of the problems look like the holes just don't open up in the direction of the runner at all. There were some holes today, but looking for them was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Sherman and Kubiak really have their work cut out for them to try to put this thing together.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #15
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Bad Mistake Not Taking Wand

Salaam has looked serviceable at best. What I saw of the time he was in there, he was barely able to keep up with Jason Taylor, and sometimes not at all. Bedel looked worse out there.

Carr is paying off this year - he is looking like a great quarterback. I worry that not having Wand in at LT is going to get Carr injured.

On the other hand, at this point I am willing to concede that whatever reason the team has, Wand is out. I am tired of not understanding what the front office doesn't see in him. (I had to reword that last sentence. I had written "I am tired of not understanding what the team doesn't see in him." From everything I've heard, the team sees a lot in him; Kubiak doesn't.)

Being an NIU grad, I think it would be great to see Wolfe running for the Texans. One can only hope!
Old 10-02-2006   #16
real

Our O-line definitely has room for improvement....but none of our running backs are anything special....I saw a couple holes yesterday...I saw a couple times where Dayne and Gado just ran into a linemans back....I think we will definitely draft a back next year...I just don't know what round...Im guessing anywhere from 3-6 depending on who's available...
Old 10-02-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Our O-line definitely has room for improvement....but none of our running backs are anything special....I saw a couple holes yesterday...I saw a couple times where Dayne and Gado just ran into a linemans back....I think we will definitely draft a back next year...I just don't know what round...Im guessing anywhere from 3-6 depending on who's available...
The season is still young, and there is lots of football left to be played. We've played Play-off calbre Ds for 4 weeks straight..... Our running backs have did as well as their runningbacks the week we faced them. I think the only running back to have a good day against Miami, Washington, Indy, & Philly was TikiBarber in a come from behind victory over Philly. I'm not sure, I haven't looked it up, but off the top of my head, that's the way I see it. I'll do some research, and get back to you.

But Dallas' D coming up..... don't expect a big game, from the running backs.
Old 10-02-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Just a quick look.

Washinton is only giving up 79 yards a game, Philly 93 yards a game, Miami 94 yards a game, and Indy is giving up 155.... we only ran for 108 using a three headed attack.
Old 10-02-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it was just me, but did anyone else notice how many times Hodgdon got beat during a running play? I'm not going to say he was the root of the problem on our o-line play, but I just couldn't help but notice a few times.
Old 10-02-2006   #20
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Maybe it was just me, but did anyone else notice how many times Hodgdon got beat during a running play? I'm not going to say he was the root of the problem on our o-line play, but I just couldn't help but notice a few times.
Probably why he is the backup.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read