Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Whats our record?
1-15 0 0%
2-14 1 0.96%
3-13 5 4.81%
4-12 15 14.42%
5-11 29 27.88%
6-10 26 25.00%
7-9 11 10.58%
8-8 8 7.69%
9-7 2 1.92%
10+ wins! 7 6.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Now whats your record prediction?

Heres the remainder of our schedule with a little blurb by it to help sway your decision

@Dallas - Destroyed Tennesse today. Offense is very potent combining two stellar receivers, a top tier TE, and a combo of two explosive running backs. The defense is equally potent. We have a history of playing them very well. Will they have some more TO problems before the game?

Jacksonville - So far their offense has shown a lot mroe life, and their defense has been stout---Up until Washington. They shut out the Steelers and then gave up 480 yards to the Redskins. Which team will show up? They have a history of playing streaky football, and we have a history of playing our like hell on wheels against them.

@Tennessee - Young will still be learning his role, but both teams will have something to prove this week. Tennessee could still be looking for their first win. This is a terrible team, and while Young will help, they have more holes than we do.

@N.Y. Giants - A seemingly great team, loaded with talent, but somethings not working. They have a superior offense, and a seemingly tough defense, but are giving up almost as many yards per game as we are. NYG is a tough place to play, however.

@Jacksonville - At Jacksonsville in Jacksonville. See above post.

Buffalo - Buffalo in my opinion is one of the up and coming teams this year. They have a fantastic defense, and their offense has a lot of potential. They got ridiculued for their draft, but its working out nicely for them.

@N.Y. Jets - My other up and coming team, they are completely different with Pennington. They have 0 run game, but Pennington gives them a chance to win. They took the Colts to the final seconds. If Pennington should hasn't given out, this could be a tough one in NY.

@Oakland - Probably the worst team in the NFl right now. Even if Brooks is back, I think they look pretty hapless. Putting up big numbers against Cleveland doesn't impress me much.

Tennessee - See above. home game. Who will the crowd cheer for? Both VY and MW will have something to prove

@New England - At New England in the winter. Ouch. And they will be looking to solidify their playoff spot.

Indianapolis - Could be a blowout, unless Indy's already clinched. Maybe Sorgi will get the start?

Cleveland - Maybe even worse than the Raiders. Lets hope we don't have a 2004 repeat though.
Old 10-01-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Now whats your record prediction?

@Dallas - L
Jacksonville - W
@Tennessee - W
@N.Y. Giants - L
@Jacksonville - L
Buffalo - W
@N.Y. Jets - L
@Oakland - W
Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - L
Cleveland - W
Old 10-02-2006   #3
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm sticking to my guns with 6-10. i said that right before the season.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i said 8-8 and i'm going to stick with it. this game today is the reason why. last year we would've lost this game on the final drive or in overtime. this year we hit some playoff bound teams but kept fighting and bounced back. as our schedule gets somewhat easier, i think we're going to keep winning these types of games that we couldnt finish last year. we might not actually go 8-8, but i'm positive that at the end of the year, us fans will be very proud of this team.
Old 10-02-2006   #5
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

I think we're a 5-11 team. Our OL is still very suspect and our defense is a major work in progress.
Old 10-02-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

@Dallas - Loss. I'd love to beat the Cowboys, but they're way more talented than we are.

Jacksonville - Win. Throw out the records in this game. We always play them close no matter how could one team or the other is.

@Tennessee - Win. Worst team in the league. Vince Young will have a monster of a game...in a bad way

@N.Y. Giants - Loss. They may be struggling right now, but I think they have enough talent to put it all together. I think we make it close though.

@Jacksonville - Loss. We play them close like always but they beat us on their home turf.

Buffalo - Win. They are a surprise team right now but I think David Carr outplays J.P. Losman.

@N.Y. Jets - Loss. They've improved a lot in one year under Mangini. They aren't a good team, but I think they win because of homefield advantage.

@Oakland - Win. If the Titans are the worst team in the league, the Raiders are a close second. Good news for us. Who knows who the starting QB will be for them at this point in the season.

Tennessee - Win. We kick the Titans butt at home and sweep them for the season. All the fans wearing Vince Young jersey's go home early.

@New England - Loss. They are in the middle of the playoff race and beat us easily. They aren't as good as they once were but they're still much better than us.

Indianapolis - Win. Indy has the division and home-field advantage wrapped up and play their bench players for most of the game. This lets us beat Indy for the first time ever.

Cleveland - Win. David Carr > Charlie Frye. Gary Kubiak > Romeo Crennel. We beat the Browns for the 2nd time in 3 years and oddly, all 3 games have been at home.

8-8

We end the season winning 4 out of our last 5 games. Or 5 out of our last 7 games which gives us momentum going into next season!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #7
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281 View Post
i'm sticking to my guns with 6-10. i said that right before the season.
Same here, all I felt we needed was 1 win in our first seven games and I knew it would be between Washington, Miami, or Dallas.

I think we rip off 4 straight wins against Buffalo, NYJ, Oakland, and Tenn and then get a win between Tenn, NYG, or Cleveland.

6-10.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2006   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

16-0

oh yea .... 13-3, thats more realistic
Old 10-02-2006   #9
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

5-11. Don't see us beating Jacksonville or Dallas let alone Colts.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #10
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

5-11

Same as before.

Its great that we got a win, but this team still has a long way to go. I still think Kubes and GM Rick Smith are the right men for the job. In two years, there will be very few people left from the 2-14 season.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sticking to my prediction after preseason, 4-6 wins.
Old 10-02-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

4 or 5 wins is probably where I see us. And I think some of our losses will be close during the second half of the season.

I agree with Wharton's take about Kubiak and Smith. They are building from a foundation up, and we will see lots of new faces in the next couple of years.
Old 10-02-2006   #13
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
4 or 5 wins is probably where I see us. And I think some of our losses will be close during the second half of the season.

I agree with Wharton's take about Kubiak and Smith. They are building from a foundation up, and we will see lots of new faces in the next couple of years.
I agree and Moulds has confirmed this. Last Monday on his show he said that Kubiak was not able to bring in all the players he would like due to salary cap restraints and bad contracts from the previous regime. He said next season we should see personell much more adept to Kubiak's system.

Last edited by NEROtheZERO; 10-02-2006 at 01:30 PM.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #14
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

7-9, possibly 8-8 or even 9-7 ... same as it was to start the year.

We opened against a brutal schedule that in retrospect appears to be performing even better than I figured. I had us losing to the Eagles and the Colts, beating the Skins and Phins, and heading into bye at 2-2. For all the knock on Mario he was opening against 3 of the best OLs in the league and I hope that Smith's playcalling last game was a correction and not a fluke. We'll continue to improve under the new coaches and schemes and we hit a pretty butter soft stretch late in the year with Buffalo, Tennessee, the Jets, and Oakland, that will put us in a position to finish out the year at or just under .500. And possibly above, for that matter.
Old 10-02-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we could end up somewhere between 1 to 13 wins this season.

Seriously though, I still refuse to make prediction due to the fact the D hasn't shown any consistancy at all. The O's still making mental mistakes to go along with a poor running game.
Old 10-02-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
@Dallas - W
Jacksonville - W
@Tennessee - W
@N.Y. Giants - W
@Jacksonville - W
Buffalo - W
@N.Y. Jets - W
@Oakland - W
Tennessee - W
@New England - W
Indianapolis - W
Cleveland - W
Dallas...... we need to put Dunta on TO in the slot, get PBuch on the field to shut down the other recievers.

Jacksonville, I still see the sweep.

The only games I'm worried about, are NewEngalnd at NewEngland, and Indy at home.......

other than that, everything is going according to plan. 13-3
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

My initial feel was 5-11 and I'm not going to go away from that. I feel that we COULD end up with a better record but it's going to be hard. I don't think we're good enough to win the games we SHOULD win, yet.

@Dallas - L (but we NEED to win this one.)
Jacksonville - L (we could win this one)
@Tennessee - W
@N.Y. Giants - L (I'm not sure about this one, now)
@Jacksonville - L
Buffalo - L (winnable)
@N.Y. Jets - L (winnable)
@Oakland - W
Tennessee - W
@New England - L
Indianapolis - L
Cleveland - W

So, worst case is my original estimate: 5-11. Best case, 8-8.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

sticking with my 6-10 prediction.
Old 10-02-2006   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Indianapolis - Could be a blowout, unless Indy's already clinched. Maybe Sorgi will get the start?
No way Manning passes up a chance to put up easy numbers.

I went with 5-11.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #20
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I said 6-7 wins before the season. I'm changing that to 5-7 wins.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read