Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2006   #1
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default Glen Earl?

To me it looked as if he earned his keep and showed he can play that spot today...he may get better and better and may be worth keeping in the future if he can keep it consistant...As for C.C...We need to search for a replacement...I understand hes young but still...
Old 10-01-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Glen Earl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
To me it looked as if he earned his keep and showed he can play that spot today...he may get better and better and may be worth keeping in the future if he can keep it consistant...As for C.C...We need to search for a replacement...I understand hes young but still...
CC Brown sucks. There's no way to get around it. He's a 2nd year player, but...ok, he wasn't horrible today.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 366349 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not get into a love fest because the D didn't suck overall today. Earl and CC both take horrible angles at times and misread coverages. They sucked less than normal today but they are still one of the top three most upgradeable units.
Old 10-01-2006   #4
12Gage
Rookie

I think Glenn Earl has been one of the few bright spots on the D this season. He does take bad angels at times and has gotten lost in coverage on a few occasions, but he is still inexperienced, hopefully he can continue to improve. His natural abilities look good though. He has made some very solid tackles and even forced a fumble or two because of his hits. He has shown a lot of heart, never giving up on plays. And he has shown playmaking ability, I could have sworn he had a int this year but stats say 0, I remember one got called back against I believe the Colts, but he has had a forced fumble.
I don't know, maybe I am biased, but I have been pleased with him thus far.
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Gage View Post
I think Glenn Earl has been one of the few bright spots on the D this season. He does take bad angels at times and has gotten lost in coverage on a few occasions, but he is still inexperienced, hopefully he can continue to improve. His natural abilities look good though. He has made some very solid tackles and even forced a fumble or two because of his hits. He has shown a lot of heart, never giving up on plays. And he has shown playmaking ability, I could have sworn he had a int this year but stats say 0, I remember one got called back against I believe the Colts, but he has had a forced fumble.
I don't know, maybe I am biased, but I have been pleased with him thus far.
Earl's sack on the first play of the game was one of the few bright spots of the D this season, but overall both of the safties' play has been lackluster to say the least.
Old 10-02-2006   #6
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Let's not get into a love fest because the D didn't suck overall today. Earl and CC both take horrible angles at times and misread coverages.
Earl has a bad history of this with the Texans. I almost threw up when I saw his angle on the Portis shovel pass.
Old 10-02-2006   #7
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
i like what earl has done this yr. u dont see him much, but he makes things happen. he may be our best playmaker on defense. a sack yesterday and a forced fumble against the colts, and then another one against the skins that was a TD called back! (grrr)

im liking earl. cc brown on the other hand still has alot to prove.
Old 10-02-2006   #8
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

yes he is out of cue on coverage, but so is cc brown and the rest of the secondary. i like earl bc of the energy and effort. he has made huge hits and has made more big plays on defense than anyone else. gotta show some love.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read