Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-01-2006   #1
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default stomping video

does anyone have the video of Albert Haynesworth stomping on the guys head?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: stomping video

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2609563

The video on the side shows the stomping about halfway through.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What the heck happened...Its like some animalistic rage just built up and had to be released. I'm all for competitivenes,s but thats going too far. Even Haynesworth knew it "disgusting" he called it.
Wow.
Old 10-01-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing I wonder about is whether charges could be filed against him for assault. Didn't that happen to a hockey player and baseball player who did assaults outside the perimeters of the game?

Don't think it would happen in this situation as the game was held in Tennessee. You would much more likely have a political prosecutor file charges if the game was an away game for the Titans.

Just thinking out loud. That's a lot of cuts and stitches. On a face. Ouch.
Old 10-01-2006   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

That sort of thing is inexcusable. He needs to be arrested, football game or not, that is assault.
Old 10-01-2006   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I played ball with a guy in college, a Dlineman from PA who, in tackling
drills, if the coachs yelled at him, ya know encouraged him, on several occasions he grabbed the ball carrier and started choking him.
You run across some crazy types out there, and they can get real wild
on occasions.
The coaches loved this guy though. Control, obviously, was an issue for
them.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 122393 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The thing I wonder about is whether charges could be filed against him for assault. Didn't that happen to a hockey player and baseball player who did assaults outside the perimeters of the game?

Don't think it would happen in this situation as the game was held in Tennessee. You would much more likely have a political prosecutor file charges if the game was an away game for the Titans.

Just thinking out loud. That's a lot of cuts and stitches. On a face. Ouch.
i'm not sure about baseball (unless you mean the weiner beating), but 2 years ago a hockey player was removed from the league and hit with assault charges for a violent shot in the back which did significant damage to another player. i'm a bit on the fence on that issue though because unless a player brings a weapon onto the field, i think the league should do the punishing, not the law. "disgusting" is the word i'd use for what he did, but i'd rather see him suspended for 10 years from football than do a week in jail.

that being said, the reverse doesnt hold the same for me. off the field incidents like half of the bengals roster should automatically come with reprocussions on the field.
Old 10-02-2006   #8
dantem
Veteran

All pro sports should have rules that blatant assault should be penalized with immediate dismissal from the league permanently. Being suspended for a few games is a joke.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #9
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I played ball with a guy in college, a Dlineman from PA who, in tackling
drills, if the coachs yelled at him, ya know encouraged him, on several occasions he grabbed the ball carrier and started choking him.
You run across some crazy types out there, and they can get real wild
on occasions.
The coaches loved this guy though. Control, obviously, was an issue for
them.
Guys like this should never be allowed to play pro ball. he belongs in the WWF
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

does anyone have the full video clip of the actual incident? not just a few quick clips of it.
Old 10-02-2006   #11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
All pro sports should have rules that blatant assault should be penalized with immediate dismissal from the league permanently. Being suspended for a few games is a joke.
to me,that's a little harsh. i've gotten pretty heated sometimes... it can work like a drug almost, you'll be so caught up in the moment, you simply stop thinking and start reacting. i would never do something of that magnitude and i am no way defending his actions, but getting kicked out of the league? come on. i say suspend him for the rest of the season with no pay along with some kind of compensation to the other player.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #12
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Apparently Jeff Fisher went up to Parcells after the game and told Parcells that Haynesworth would be punished severely by the team if the NFL doesn't have the ****s.
Old 10-02-2006   #13
Heywood
Veteran

it's steroidal rage, not animalistic rage. stop the borderline racist BS.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
What happened that was racist?
Wasn't it a black guy that did it? I know that the guy that was the "victim" was black. What did I miss Heywood? Serious question...not trying to pick a fight. What was the "borderline racist" aspect of it?
Ignore Heywood--he will make a racial issue out of two white geese fighting in a pond--did you see whitie keeping the non-white geese out of the fight?
Old 10-02-2006   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12713 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fat Albert should be charged with assault IMO. He could probably be charged with aggravated assault instead of simple assault.
Old 10-02-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you guys need to get a grip and get real: the NFL is not full of PC
gentlemen who were Ivy League grads. There are some really rough customers playing football for a living in this country these days. But probably no worse than in the past decades of the NFL.
Does that in any way excuse what the stomper did to the stompee ? Of course not, and he got caught so he's gonna get busted and it will probably
hit where it hurts the most. In his wallet.
I have no doubt that stuff like this happens on a regular basis, very often in
those piles of players fighting for possession of a fumble.
Old 10-02-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12713 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Some of you guys need to get a grip and get real: the NFL is not full of PC
gentlemen who were Ivy League grads. There are some really rough customers playing football for a living in this country these days. But probably no worse than in the past decades of the NFL.
Does that in any way excuse what the stomper did to the stompee ? Of course not, and he got caught so he's gonna get busted and it will probably
hit where it hurts the most. In his wallet.
I have no doubt that stuff like this happens on a regular basis, very often in
those piles of players fighting for possession of a fumble.
What Albert did was intentional aggravated assault. It had nothing to do with football. He did it intentionally after the play was over, and he did it twice. There are a couple of guys on some of the sports shows this morning that have said they have never seen anything of this magnitude happen in the NFL. He cut the guy bad enough to where he had to get stitches. I guess next time I am shooting hoops with my buddies and one of them goes up for a layup I'll pull out my knife and shank him and call it part of the game.
Old 10-02-2006   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

If someone stomps on my face, requiring a bunch of stitches in seven different places on my face, nearly missing my eye and resulting in temporary blurred vision, I am suing their ***.

Stitches in your face in the shape of cleat marks, well, plastic surgeons usually can't fix that.

Normal thuggery is part of the game, abnormal thuggery is going to have consequences. At least Haynesworth was instantly remorseful and didn't have to be told to apologize.
Old 10-02-2006   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Haynesworth take Gurode's helmet off of his head before he stomped on his head twice?

Never saw the footage of how the helmet actually came off.

IMO, they should bring the hammer down on him...cops should arrest him, the NFL should suspend him the rest of the season, his team should cut him, and Gurode should sue him.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
What Albert did was intentional aggravated assault. It had nothing to do with football. He did it intentionally after the play was over, and he did it twice. There are a couple of guys on some of the sports shows this morning that have said they have never seen anything of this magnitude happen in the NFL. He cut the guy bad enough to where he had to get stitches. I guess next time I am shooting hoops with my buddies and one of them goes up for a layup I'll pull out my knife and shank him and call it part of the game.
This was very blatant, very extreme. I admit that. But anyone who thinks that physical abuse (that may or may not be illegal behavior) doesn't occur every Sunday in most NFL football games is out of touch.
On your comment about shooting hoops, I suspect thats about as far as it goes with you so you don't have a clue about what goes on in NFL games.
I don't know from personal experience, but as I pointed in an earlier post in this thread, I experienced some pretty rough stuff in college ball. And
I assure, my background in college ball is very modest. The NFL is a whole
different universe.
I don't know anything about this Titans player, know nothing about his personal history on or off the field (before yesterday). But I know that there exists, to an extent, a criminal element in the NFL. And no, you won't
find those types in your pickup game in your backyard.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read