Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-01-2006   #1
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default Bud Adams: "The Biggest Mistake I Made Was Trading [Moon]"

According to the AP, Adams said this as part of Moon's ceremony today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2609506

I also saw somewhere that Bud said that Moon was the greatest player in the history of the franchise.

As a Warren Moon fan, and as someone who was so angry at Bud for trading him that I disowned the Oilers forever that very offseason - that statement meant a lot to me.

Thanks, Bud.
Old 10-01-2006   #2
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bud Adams: "The Biggest Mistake I Made Was Trading [Moon]"

he is gonna have to say the same thing when McNair gets into the HOF and gets his jersey retired.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud Adams biggest mistake he ever made was firing Bum Phillips.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Bigger than leaving Houston ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #5
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 81989 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Bigger than leaving Houston ?
I doubt Bud regrets leaving Houston. There's enough road kill in Tennessee to keep him in those "possum hats" he thinks looks like hair for life.
Old 10-01-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I can guarantee Bud has only one regret leaving Houston - and that's having to wedge his fat rear on his Lear for every 'home' game. He found his cash cow in Nashville.

I was just reading the titans board and it sounds like there were boos when Bud was introduced and what's really funny is that Warren made a little slip and accidentlly called the Titans the Texans during the ceremony.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the Cowboys. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.(Yes I did feel that another 6 hates was warranted.)

But watching the score getting run up on the tampons on a day when Adams wrongfully retired an Oiler great, reaffirmed that God is a Texan.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I can guarantee Bud has only one regret leaving Houston - and that's having to wedge his fat rear on his Lear for every 'home' game. He found his cash cow in Nashville.

I was just reading the titans board and it sounds like there were boos when Bud was introduced and what's really funny is that Warren made a little slip and accidentlly called the Titans the Texans during the ceremony.
I think he favors the Texans over the Titans. In a show he used to be featured in, he always talked favorably over the Texans, even in the bad times. Unfortunately, I can't remember the show. It wasn't a local show, as he calls the games for Seattle.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Rivers View Post
I doubt Bud regrets leaving Houston.
I think he still lives here, I know he made his fortune in the petro industry
here and his corporate empire is still based here. And unlike Nashville, it is a major league place in many ways, not just in commerce. I suspect the man has some very positive sentiments for this town, and some regrets about leaving.
Old 10-01-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

He has two homes here. One in River Oaks and another out in the country in Waller Co.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #11
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Hey Blue, how you doing up there in Big Sky ?
I was out around your old stompin grounds, Gunnison and Telluride, last week celebrating my birthday. So how much of that country up there have you seen ? Been to Glacier NP yet ?
While I like all of the Rockies, don't really think the Northern rockied in MT are
as majestic or spectacular as the CO Rockies.
Old 10-01-2006   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
How many years young?
Way too many my friend. But thanks for the birthday greeting.
But if you get a chance, you should check out the "Going to the Sun" road in Glacier NP. Its memorable, nothing less than one of Americas great Drives ! But too late this year, as the park has almost surely been closed down for the season. Storms come early in the north country, and that park borders on the Canadian line. If you're still up there next year, maybe check it out during the Summer.
Old 10-01-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
II was just reading the titans board and it sounds like there were boos when Bud was introduced and what's really funny is that Warren made a little slip and accidentlly called the Titans the Texans during the ceremony.
I wonder how accidental that was. I doubt he thinks much of Dud.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post

I also saw somewhere that Bud said that Moon was the greatest player in the history of the franchise.

As a Warren Moon fan, and as someone who was so angry at Bud for trading him that I disowned the Oilers forever that very offseason - that statement meant a lot to me.

Thanks, Bud.
Thanks for the heads up, Tulip. It's nice to see Moon get his props, even if it has to be in a city he never played a professional football game in.

He's definitely one of the best Oilers, up there with some other HoF greats. He would have had most of Marino's records if he had been drafted as a QB in the NFL, IMO.
Old 10-05-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

He only said this because of the whole Steve Mcnair thing and since Steve has gone on to greener pastures, he wanted to get back at him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post

Thanks, Bud.
I Stiiiiiil can't forgive the guy. Sorry I'm still p.o.ed at the way he fired Bum Phillips. I'm sorry you don't let your head coach find out he's been fired when a news crew shows up at his house to get his reaction to his being fired. The happiest day of my life was when the Titans lost that Superbowl by 6 inches.
If the Titans win a Superbowl AFTER Bud dies I'll be happy for them and will drink a toast to them, but as long as he's alive I hope they NEVER get one.

DH
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

[color=#0000ff]But I DO believe that Moon is probably the #1 or #2 QB to have NEVER made it to a superbowl. Moon or Manning? Just MO

Archie Manning aint in the hall baby. The NCAA hall of fame yes but not the NFL. I remember watching Archie play for the Saints...sorry, but he wasn't that great.

DH
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my take on it:

Warren Moon Never Was a Tennessee Freaking Titan
Old 10-05-2006   #19
gwallaia

Rep Power: 82734 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Rivers View Post
I doubt Bud regrets leaving Houston. There's enough road kill in Tennessee to keep him in those "possum hats" he thinks looks like hair for life.
Comparing possums to Bud's hair is not fair to possums.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #20
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

God has a special place in Hell for BUD..right next to Hitler and AL Daivs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read