Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Demeco Ryans

Another great game.

7 tackles, 0.5 sacks for 3.5 yards (should of been 1).

My vote for AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demeco Ryans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
My vote for AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year.
most deffinately
Old 10-01-2006   #3
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
most deffinately

Yup.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah he got robbed on his .5 sack

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Yep, that sack was his.

DeMeco was a wonderful pickup, and the DROY is possible. I shudder to think of what our LB corps would be like without him; he is single-handedly defining that unit right now. Though maybe it's just the homer in me, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mario finishes strongly and captures the title.

It's not that Mario had "1.5" sacks today against the awful Dolphins -- frankly I'd be sincerely concerned if he didn't get one -- but just that IMO his skills are improving and he will only get substantially better as the year goes on, with more skill work and live snaps to cure him of overthinking every play.
Old 10-01-2006   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

He definately was the defensive MVP of today's game (did I just say defensive MVP while referring to the Texans?!?!?). His tackle on Ronnie Brown after the turnover by Carr was crucial in forcing Miami to settle for a FG. The Texans still have tackling issues which could prove to be costly, but Ryans is by far the best of the bunch as of now.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #7
texflex513
All Pro

I think meco is beating out dunta for our teams best defensive player as well.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2006   #8
real

Meco for pro-bowl !!!!!!
Old 10-01-2006   #9
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
Robinson is not looking good right now. Safe to say that we need to draft some CB's next year.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA View Post
Robinson is not looking good right now. Safe to say that we need to draft some CB's next year.
dunta got abused in every aspect today. he played horrible football. towards the end of the game as the announcers were describing the poor tackling and guys "flying past the ball", they were describing dunta in one of many missed tackles. for a guy known as one guy that really lays the wood, he spent most of the game laying down trying to grab shoestrings.
Old 10-01-2006   #11
real

Quote:
dunta got abused in every aspect today. he played horrible football. towards the end of the game as the announcers were describing the poor tackling and guys "flying past the ball", they were describing dunta in one of many missed tackles. for a guy known as one guy that really lays the wood, he spent most of the game laying down trying to grab shoestrings.
I've said all along that d-rob wasn't a good cover corner...I know he missed some tackles today, but D-Rob is still the man when it comes to tackling, and I think he is still a good corner...
Old 10-01-2006   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Very dissapointed with Drob today on some plays, but I think the secondary as a whole had its best game. On many of our sacks Cullpeper had to hang on to the ball because no one was open.
Old 10-01-2006   #13
sleepwalker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
I totally agree...Dunta was roasted a few times today...I still think Dunta is going to be great for us, but Demeco has really stepped up big.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #14
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I've said all along that d-rob wasn't a good cover corner...I know he missed some tackles today, but D-Rob is still the man when it comes to tackling, and I think he is still a good corner...
i think he's a solid corner and will be a great corner. he had a bad game today though, and i was very disappointed in the poor tackling from arguably our best hitter. the defense around him played great though and i think that's going to fuel his fire. it's a shame we're off next week, i think our defense just got very hungry.
Old 10-01-2006   #15
real

Quote:
i think he's a solid corner and will be a great corner. he had a bad game today though, and i was very disappointed in the poor tackling from arguably our best hitter. the defense around him played great though and i think that's going to fuel his fire. it's a shame we're off next week, i think our defense just got very hungry.
D-Rob was second on the team with 6 tackles...I personally think he had a good game tackling wise....
Old 10-01-2006   #16
underdog65
Veteran

Just wait until Wong gets back and then we will have two good LBs. Imagine the defense then.
Old 10-01-2006   #17
K.D.
Veteran

D-Rob had a bad game but he got srewed on the crossing play when Booker dropped the ball. The other reciever chipped D-Rob while trailing Booker, that should have been called. He's going to bounce back after this no doubt bout it!!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #18
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I think this guy will be one of the TOP MLB's down the line...He already is IMO the top defensive rookie.
Old 10-02-2006   #19
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog65 View Post
Just wait until Wong gets back and then we will have two good LBs. Imagine the defense then.
Hopefully, Wong DOES come back soon. He will def upgrade our LB crew. Is it just me or is Greenwood and Orr just observing. I see them make an occasional tackle but man, where are they? May need to throw Peek back there when he returns on on some blitz packages.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006   #20
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA View Post
Hopefully, Wong DOES come back soon. He will def upgrade our LB crew. Is it just me or is Greenwood and Orr just observing. I see them make an occasional tackle but man, where are they? May need to throw Peek back there when he returns on on some blitz packages.
I was about to call you soft in the head for making this suggestion, but if all else fails.....

why not let him play a few downs at OLB? See how it goes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read