Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2006   #1
afcman
Veteran

Default Did You Hear?

One of the CBS announcers cheered for the Dolphins in the 4th when the Dolphins made a big play? It wasn't Gus it was the other guy. (Can't remember the name.)
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #2
Bronco Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 29 Bronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedBronco Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Bronco Texan Send a message via Yahoo to Bronco Texan
Default Re: Did You Hear?

Steve Tasker?
Bronco Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

nah the Gus guy always does that in every game. i remember when the dolphins played the jags a few years ago he did the same thing when the jags attempted a comeback. he just likes good games i guess
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
nah the Gus guy always does that in every game. i remember when the dolphins played the jags a few years ago he did the same thing when the jags attempted a comeback. he just likes good games i guess
I agree with you.
Old 10-01-2006   #5
afcman
Veteran

This wasn't Gus that cheered.
Old 10-01-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

well he and steve tasker have been a team for several years now, so they're of the same ilk when it comes to that.
Old 10-01-2006   #7
afcman
Veteran

I like neutral announcers.
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2006   #8
Texans86
All Pro

I'm pretty sure they just get excited to see a team come from behind to make it close. Might as well make those last two minutes interesting. I do the same thing watching two teams I couldn't care less about; I just like watching a team come from behind I guess.
Old 10-01-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
I like neutral announcers.
I think everyone does...but all announcers like comebacks, and close games....
Old 10-01-2006   #10
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
but all announcers like comebacks, and close games....
I agree and understand but it sure seem he was partial to miami all game. Guess it was just me.
Old 10-01-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

if houston was coming back, he would've acted the same way.
Old 10-01-2006   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

^^^exactly...

Gus Johnson > all...period.
Old 10-01-2006   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Hard for the former Bills player (Tasker) to be neutral. They hated us back in the Oilers days, and we hated them, too. Would be hard to come back to Houston and find it within yourself to be "happy" for Houston pro football fans.

HOWEVER, today was a pretty good job by those announcers. I genuinely felt that they were cheering big plays by BOTH teams.

Shoot, they showed Carr's TD run about 12 times...over and over and over, remarking how beautifully "executed" it was.

Take that, Dom! Perhaps Dom was also calling the plays for the Dolphins today. Looked fairly similar, didn't it? Dazed and confused all day long.
Old 10-01-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Hard for the former Bills player (Tasker) to be neutral. They hated us back in the Oilers days, and we hated them, too. Would be hard to come back to Houston and find it within yourself to be "happy" for Houston pro football fans.
funny because dolphins fans are saying he was anti-miami today because of his former billness.
Old 10-01-2006   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
funny because dolphins fans are saying he was anti-miami today because of his former billness.
I think that he's just bitter that he's been covering the crappiest game in the league every week for the past 4 years.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #16
UvaldeTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 UvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performer

Gus and Steve do a good job of calling the games. Gus shows alot of excitement calling big plays from both teams.
UvaldeTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #17
afcman
Veteran

UvaldeTexan,

You have the BEST avatar.
Old 10-01-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
UvaldeTexan,

You have the BEST avatar.
Yup, that's a good pushin cushion.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read