Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2006   #1
Texan1
Veteran

Default Carr's Win

Carr had a heck of a game. Congrats to Carr.
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr's Win

Good game and good season so far.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he played great.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #4
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr's rushing stats:

4 rushes, -8 yards, 1 TD.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Still he did great in the air...I like how were calling the plays
Old 10-01-2006   #6
jmerog
Veteran

This was the first game i can remember where it looked like Carr put the team on his shoulders and won. He looked like a leader. Johnson and moulds where also huge. Johnson is a probowler this year for sure.

Go mario!

GO TEXANS !
Old 10-01-2006   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Naw . . . he played horrible. He absolutely sucked out there. Absolute bust for 5 years going. Absolutely no poise in the pocket. Can't ever get it downfield. All the sacks were his fault. Can't ever find an open receiver.

Just figured I'd get the jump on all the haters around here.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2006   #8
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Naw . . . he played horrible. He absolutely sucked out there. Absolute bust for 5 years going. Absolutely no poise in the pocket. Can't ever get it downfield. All the sacks were his fault. Can't ever find an open receiver.

speaking as one of the most vocal carr critics, i reiterate what i've always said. I don't give a damn how it happens, i just want to WIN. we WON. what kind of fan can complain today?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #9
afcman
Veteran

Way to go Carr!!!

He finally had a little protection. Now if we could just run the ball and make friggin' tackles.

A great win at a really good time. AND in OUR house!
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #10
texflex513
All Pro

Thats my QB!!!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #11
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Quote:

You say it with sarcasm, but walking to the car after the game, people were STILL bashing the guy and saying he can't throw down field.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frak The Jags View Post
You say it with sarcasm, but walking to the car after the game, people were STILL bashing the guy and saying he can't throw down field.
Really? That's just completely uncalled for.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #13
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

I'm simply amazed how people are saying David Carr had a great game when he simply did what he has done all year. Stat's the same, difference......a win. That being said, I congradulate David. Now, all the hater's, push for Sage to start next week. And as much as I love V. Young, I believe he looked alittle overpowered today.......
Old 10-01-2006   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, I'm not surprised by that at all. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to the radio right now, and I've already heard 3 different people call in say that Carr played a bad game, and they won in spite of him.

I just don't get it.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey, I'm not surprised by that at all. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to the radio right now, and I've already heard 3 different people call in say that Carr played a bad game, and they won in spite of him.

I just don't get it.
dont look at me.....alls quiet in the potstirring world in winning weeks.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #16
K.D.
Veteran

Like I've posted before, Carr is in a no-win situation with some fans. Those fans are the one's who have to try to come up with anything to say to try and prove a point and hate to give credit where credit is due. Carr is going to lead this team and I'm his biggest supporter. Great game DC!!
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #17
Headlights of a Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
They must of been Vince Young fans.
or the wonger need feud, oops food
Old 10-01-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 131726 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In all fairness he struggled with his deep ball. It doesn't look very good this year....he is throwing the ball up like punts too often. Many of those passes are going to get picked off if he keeps doing that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hahaha. You'd be surprised how many people will still find fault in Carr. Weird

David is awesome. I have been saying it and always will.
Old 10-01-2006   #20
afcman
Veteran

I thought Carr looked pretty good actually. And he's not worried about his hair.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read