Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-01-2006   #1
Titanic
Rookie

Default Well, when life gives you lemons...

Ok I'm a Titans fan. Vince is playing well, but we're getting clobbered and our best defensive lineman just stomped a guys face and got ejected, and he's probably suspended for the season. And we're losing by 3 scores. So I decided to check out your game and I see you're dominating and Carr and AJ are playing well(both are starting on my salary cap league). So anyway, we suck, and after the first three weeks you guys probably can sympathize, so I just thought I'd come in and congratulate you on your performance because if I have to watch Julius Jones and Marion Barber run for a dozen yards a carry anymore I think I'll snap. As a fan base you guys deserve a good win, and it's nice to see Carr turning the corner. Good luck until we play you, I'm off to play a new drinking game, every time they show Haynesworth stomping the guy's face on ESPN I chug. I bet I die of alcohol poisoning by tomorrow afternoon. Toodles....
Titanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #2
sixfour
Site Contributor

Section: 136/350/353
Rep Power: 40 sixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Well, when life gives you lemons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
Ok I'm a Titans fan. Vince is playing well, but we're getting clobbered and our best defensive lineman just stomped a guys face and got ejected, and he's probably suspended for the season. And we're losing by 3 scores. So I decided to check out your game and I see you're dominating and Carr and AJ are playing well(both are starting on my salary cap league). So anyway, we suck, and after the first three weeks you guys probably can sympathize, so I just thought I'd come in and congratulate you on your performance because if I have to watch Julius Jones and Marion Barber run for a dozen yards a carry anymore I think I'll snap. As a fan base you guys deserve a good win, and it's nice to see Carr turning the corner. Good luck until we play you, I'm off to play a new drinking game, every time they show Haynesworth stomping the guy's face on ESPN I chug. I bet I die of alcohol poisoning by tomorrow afternoon. Toodles....
it's a long season, keep your head up.
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #3
Honch Delgado
Veteran

Haynesworth will be fined and probably suspended. That was a bonehead move.
Old 10-01-2006   #4
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

The Titans are gonna turn it around in a season or two, IMO. Fisher is one of the best coaches in the league. Young is definitely hitting that rookie learning curve, but he has alot of potential, IMO. I see him doing things similar to what McNair did for you guys down the road. You can come over here pretty much any week and see us b*tching about our guys after a tough loss, both of our teams are rebuilding. Hopefully we'll have a more interesting race for the division next year.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

fisher is a great coach, unfortunately bud adams is a moron, so he'll fire him after this season.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #6
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

At least your Titans are moving in the right direction and didn't waste another week starting Collins.

I'll be pleased when the AFC South evens out a bit - when all 4 teams are competitive instead of just 2.
Old 10-01-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

We are officially the worst NFL team. And after what Haynesworth did, maybe the team with the least amount of class.

Worst time in the short history of the TN Titans to be a fan. Atleast we have Vince Young...He will be good one day. We just have to wait.

Congrats on your win today. Please keep doing better and beat Jax and Indy.
Old 10-01-2006   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd say the raiders are the worst team. they're choking a 3-TD lead against the BROWNS.
Old 10-01-2006   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
We are officially the worst NFL team. And after what Haynesworth did, maybe the team with the least amount of class.
i try real hard to be polite with the titans despite their history, mainly because (outside of bobo) i havent met a titans fan that i didnt like ... in general yall are a great group of folks. that play however removed what little respect i had left for the team itsself. i'm critical of how the league is getting soft and a No Fun League, but what haynesworth did was completely uncalled for and dangerous. i hope he's suspended for the season.
Old 10-01-2006   #10
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i try real hard to be polite with the titans despite their history, mainly because (outside of bobo) i havent met a titans fan that i didnt like ... in general yall are a great group of folks. that play however removed what little respect i had left for the team itsself. i'm critical of how the league is getting soft and a No Fun League, but what haynesworth did was completely uncalled for and dangerous. i hope he's suspended for the season.
I have a feeling that's the last play he will ever play in a Titans uniform. Our Coaches have a lot of class, especially Fisher, and he doesn't put up with that crap
Old 10-01-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

the bengals will pick him up off the waiver wire immediately.
Old 10-01-2006   #12
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Haynesworth's comments, from ESPN.com:

"What I did was disgusting. It's something that should never happen...What I feel like is I disgraced the game, disgraced my team and disgraced my last name."

Well...yes, yes, and yes. Doesn't explain why he protested the penalty at the time, but whatever. Stupid move and he knows it.

I agree that Fisher will kick this guy too, although it won't be in the head...although I've been surprised how patient he's been with Pac-Felon.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #13
Titanic
Rookie

Haynesworth is an immature dumbass. He's always been an immature dumbass, even more of an immature dumbass than most college kids when he was at UT. He's just a big kid. He lost his temper and spazzed out. I don't think he's a bad guy if you knew him personally, he's just too emotional and acts like his mama spoiled him. I anticipate this being his wakeup call and him finally growing up, unfortunately I think another team may reap the benefits of that.

Our other immature dumbass, Pacman, doesn't have anger issues. He's just stupid. Very stupid. He is so freaking talented and I just know he's going to donk his chance away.

It's a bad time to be a Titan fan. We're going to lose our coach, who I used to think was good but who I now think has completely lost the team and and refuses to make neccessary changes(firing our defensive coordinator). He's overly loyal, our offensive line played better today against a good defense than it has all year, mainly because young guys got to play because of injury and Fisher won't sit the vets and give the kids a chance. Our best player(Bulluck) is openly questioning the direction of the franchise, and we're wasting the peak of his career. It's really irritating.

Anyway, congrats on your win again, you almost let it get away. I hope our new head coach helps make Vince progress like Kubiak has done with Carr, because if we have to wait as long for VY as you guys have for Carr I think I'll start watching tennis instead.

Titanic

PS: Ok, I lied...I'll never start watching tennis
Titanic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read