Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hopefully we are looking at this new free agent LB

I would like to see us sign this guy that got cut by the Seahawks because they needed a roster spot for another RB:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2608332

Kacyvenski is an Ivy Leaguer (smart guy) who overcame poverty and the death of his mother to earn his college diploma. He is one of the most popular Seahawks players, according to the article, and they really didn't want to have to release him. He is a veteran and does NOT pass through the waivers...he's a free agent, and we can make him an offer. he is also very good on special teams accoding to the ESPN article.

I like Kubiak's interest in signing smart players: Weaver, Demeco, etc. I think this is a guy that we bring in and cut some "dead WOOD" if you know what I mean. We need better LBers, and it just makes sense to bring smart guys, from winning organizations, onto our team.

Demeco
Wong
Kacyvenski (Seahawks)
Orr
Old 09-30-2006   #2
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

Default Re: Hopefully we are looking at this new free agent LB

in a heartbeat! Let's do it! Let me get Kubes on the phone to get the ball rolling....
Cruuuuuuuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #3
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
I like Kubiak's interest in signing smart players: Weaver, Demeco, etc. I think this is a guy that we bring in and cut some "dead WOOD" if you know what I mean. We need better LBers, and it just makes sense to bring smart guys, from winning organizations, onto our team.

Demeco
Wong
Kacyvenski (Seahawks)
Orr
I agree, let's sign him up...we do need better LBs....but IMO, the weakest link is Orr. I'm not saying that Greenwood is an all-pro, but he is definitely a stronger player than Orr is right now...Orr seems to be a situational pass rusher IMO.
Old 10-01-2006   #4
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 832 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Kaz (how do you spell his name again)......and I reckon he'd be pretty decent against the run. He played middle LB 2 years ago as a starter.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read