Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2006   #1
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Dan Wilkinson on Mario Williams

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel ran this article today, which features an interview with Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson, another 1st-pick DL who underachieved.

In that story, Wilkinson comments that he was never really comfortable during his rookie season and adds: "Hopefully, [Williams] is surrounded by the proper nucleus -- coaching, players and veteran leadership...Surely right now, things are going 100 miles an hour for him. He just needs to have the ability to slow things down. He may not have that ability himself. He needs to have the right nucleus around him to say, `Hey, forget all that other stuff. Let's focus on the introductory fundamentals of the NFL -- techniques, tendencies, and how you evaluate [an opposing] team and player."

Side note: this newspaper picked the Texans to win, saying (paraphrased) Houston's better than 0-3 and that the Dolphins are worse than 1-2.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dan Wilkinson on Mario Williams

i think we look exactly like an 0 and 3 team.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #3
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yes but have talent to be alot better if we can get it together
Old 09-30-2006   #4
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile View Post
Houston's better than 0-3 and that the Dolphins are worse than 1-2.

I guess they haven't watched our first three games.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #5
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I guess they haven't watched our first three games.
By no means have we looked good, but for crying out loud, we've played the Eagles, Colts and Redskins. While I was hopefull for a win, in reality, at best we would give them a game. I think today we will start to be a bit more satisfied by performance. This team is just not ready to compete against upper tier competition. We will soon, just not yet.
Old 10-01-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

My theory is compicated . . . . we suck.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #7
bigTEXan8
All Pro

just saw this and i though i would throw it out there...dwight freeney has yet to get a sack this year either.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read