Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-30-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default That Notre Dame Safety

The Notre Dame safety was not good at all today. I can pretty much rule him out for safeties i would bring on this team.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: That Notre Dame Safety

So because he had a sub-par day we should not look at him??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #3
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
So because he had a sub-par day we should not look at him??
He's subpar in general. He's Roy Williams without the speed and athletic ability and even less ability to cover. He'd be virtually unknown if he didnt play at Notre Dame and was a pro boxer.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #4
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32 View Post
He's subpar in general. He's Roy Williams without the speed and athletic ability and even less ability to cover. He'd be virtually unknown if he didnt play at Notre Dame and was a pro boxer.
How can you say he has no speed? That right there tells me you've never seen him play.
Old 09-30-2006   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

He's fast, he just hasnt had a good season so far. Ive noticed him fumbling alot on punt returns and taking bad routes to tackles.
Old 09-30-2006   #6
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
He's fast, he just hasnt had a good season so far. Ive noticed him fumbling alot on punt returns and taking bad routes to tackles.
The reason he was fumbling the punts those 2 weeks, no excused but, every punter he received a punt from before had been right footed. And 2 weeks in a row he had faced a left footed punter, which would give you a different spin on the ball. He wasn't able to practice for this too well because his punter is also right footed.
Old 09-30-2006   #7
Farough
Site Contributor

But I do agree with you on his angles, he missed I recall at least 4 today that he misjudged, leading to a long Purdue touchdown. But thats something that can be improved, I wouldn't mind if we picked him up. But we won't... we need a FS more and he plays SS.
Old 09-30-2006   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
The reason he was fumbling the punts those 2 weeks, no excused but, every punter he received a punt from before had been right footed. And 2 weeks in a row he had faced a left footed punter, which would give you a different spin on the ball. He wasn't able to practice for this too well because his punter is also right footed.
I wasnt aware that had an impact on the grip of the ball after you tuck it and run
Old 09-30-2006   #9
Farough
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
I wasnt aware that had an impact on the grip of the ball after you tuck it and run
I figured you meant his 2 or 3 muffed punts.. other than those I think he's only had 1 fumble while running
Old 10-01-2006   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The jugs machine they use to practice with can be set either way.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #11
Farough
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
The jugs machine they use to practice with can be set either way.
It still doesn't give the full effect of an actual punter. I read the press conference transscript from the Penn State game with Charlie Weis and Tom Zbikowski and thats what they said. So thats what I'm going by.
Old 10-01-2006   #12
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
How can you say he has no speed? That right there tells me you've never seen him play.
Or that I'm not a homer. Whatever works for you though.

If you weren't biased, you'd realize it too. Members of the Blue and Gold nation everywhere want him benched for his blown coverage. It's been huge discussion since week two.
Old 10-01-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or that I'm not a homer. Whatever works for you though.

If you weren't biased, you'd realize it too. Members of the Blue and Gold nation everywhere want him benched for his blown coverage. It's been huge discussion since week two.
he's got plenty of speed.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #14
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

I was looking at this guy considering Ive wanted a safety for 2 years now, and yeah; he is a LB in the NFL
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #15
TexansCanes
All Pro

he does have a lot of speed, but i just don't think he is that good. the media has to hype up someone on that notre dame defense and he is the best they got, doesn't mean he is that good.
Old 10-01-2006   #16
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he's got plenty of speed.
Faster than Roy Williams?
Old 10-01-2006   #17
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Faster than Roy Williams?
he ran a few sub 11's in high school when he ran track, should run in the low 4.4's during his workouts. if he was that slow he wouldn't be running back punts. I would say they are about the same.
Old 10-01-2006   #18
real

I never liked zibikowski.....He is not athletic at all....He is a decent hitter...Will probably be a 3rd or 4th rounder....will be a good special teamer in the NFL....
Old 10-01-2006   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I have seen, he is somewhat athletic and is good in north and south run support, but really has problems in coverage and angles.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I never liked zibikowski.....He is not athletic at all
what
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read