Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-30-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default VY starting Sunday vs. the Cowboys

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Rookie quarterback Vince Young will make his first NFL start for the Tennessee Titans on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys"
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2608713
I figured it would be maybe years before Vince gets his first start in the NFL.
Shows what I know, which is basically squat.
Good LUCK Vince in your first start in the bigtime.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY starting Sunday vs. the Cowboys

I hope Vince does well but I think the Titans are crazy to start him against Dallas . I guess the Titans need to fill the bleachers .
Old 09-30-2006   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

I was geting ready to post the same thing. Guess Bud is giddy to start him early and not have VY watch the vet from the sideline. (I think they did it better when Steve McNair came into the league.) We'll see if he enjoys starting a rook QB behind a "not so decent" o-line.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #4
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

YES!!! :bananasplit:

Good luck to Vince.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #5
TNTitan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I hope Vince does well but I think the Titans are crazy to start him against Dallas . I guess the Titans need to fill the bleachers .
dont get us confused. our season ticket holders come to our games
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably nothin better to do .
Old 09-30-2006   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Media outlets have been sitting on this story for days. They all posted the report at exactly 5:00 CDT today.

I anticipated this because Fisher was acting pretty fishy all week after announcing Collins as the starter on Monday.

The Titans aren't going to win anything with Collins, so they might as well begin their future now. It's the right move. The Titans players and fans must be so pumped this weekend.

As a Texans fan, I really don't like that he's going to get to start a few games before the Titans play the Texans. Especially if our defense doesn't improve by then.
Old 09-30-2006   #8
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post
Guess Bud is giddy to start him early and not have VY watch the vet from the sideline. (I think they did it better when Steve McNair came into the league.)
The Titans were never going to need to sit VY as long as they sat McNair. He didn't play for Alcorn State or the like.
Old 09-30-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud badly wonts to use VY to defeat the Texans when they meet. He needs him to have game experience before doing that. This is nothing but a training regimat to get VY ready for the meeting in Houston. Looks like he has written off the season and only really wants one win.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #10
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Bud badly wonts to use VY to defeat the Texans when they meet. He needs him to have game experience before doing that. This is nothing but a training regimat to get VY ready for the meeting in Houston. Looks like he has written off the season and only really wants one win.
It definitely makes sense. They aren't going to beat the Cowboys or the Colts, so why not get the rookie more comfortable by the time the Texans game rolls around.

This is exactly why I was dreading Vince coming out early. I just knew Bud would jump at the chance to use him to taunt us and to keep Titans fandom alive in Houston.
Old 09-30-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
To qoute Mr. T: " My Prediction? .... PAIN! "
Agreed. After this game he will be known as VINTs Young.
Old 09-30-2006   #12
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I was under the impression that the Titans had a few injured OLinemen out for this game. Doesn't make sense to me to start a rookie QB behind a line with a few of the regular starters out for his first start, but then again maybe they figure his mobility will serve them better than Collins lack of it. I wish him luck.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
The Titans did as much as possible since the Miami loss to prep Young for his debut. Offensive coordinator Norm Chow said Young has made tremendous strides because he is very determined to be a great player.

"He studies, he works and he's disciplined. He has great leadership skills. He's determined, and because of that, the work ethic comes along with it. If you're willing to work at it like he is, you continue to get better," Chow said.
Sounds nice, huh?
Old 09-30-2006   #14
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Good luck to Vince, I think he's going to be a good player. Should be interesting to see the effects he has relative to Collins on the Titans offense.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can tell you this much: the players believe in him.

Both Keith Bulluck and Bennett have called him to start. he will bring at least some morale to the team
Old 09-30-2006   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Please don't flame me for this, I'm really just curiouis and hoping to incite a discussion.

What has been the effect of having Williams on the team thus far? Have players spoken for him or about him? I know TJ defended his poor play last week, but other than that what have we heard? (I really don't know, I don't mean this in a pointed way).

I know that in Bush's case, the NO team was really excited to get him. Breese, McCallister, and Horn all came out publically talkling about how excited they were. Horn even has a nickname for him. This excitement spread, and the team seems to be playing a little more inspired. Even though he hasn't done anything remarkable on the field, is his presence at least a temporary catalyst?

In VYs case, I think his presence is a definite bonus. Bullucks came out and said he wanted Vy to start this weekend. Bennett has said he thinks VY is going to be a superstar and can't wait for him to lead the team. I feel like his leadership and confidence is spreading, and despite how he performs, should give at least a temporary boost to the team.

I think its a tough comparison because offensive players get all the glory and are usually the team leaders (except ray lewis). That being said, does anyone have any evidence to show that the team was excited with Williams or at least energized defensively? We haven't really played like it, but maybe its still on its way. I bet once he gets his first sack, the rest of the team will be relieved and play better.
Old 09-30-2006   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Defensive Leaders
RNK NAME YDS YPG RUSH RUSH YPG PASS PASS YPG PTS PTS/G
1 San Diego 347 173.5 142 71.0 205 102.5 7 3.5
2 Baltimore 592 197.3 103 34.3 489 163.0 20 6.7
3 Jacksonville 748 249.3 177 59.0 571 190.3 38 12.7
4 Chicago 798 266.0 246 82.0 552 184.0 23 7.7
5 New Orleans 800 266.7 265 88.3 535 178.3 44 14.7
6 Dallas 552 276.0 171 85.5 381 190.5 34 17.0

Good Luck Bud Adams.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #18
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

The Big D in Dallas are going to make mince meat out of Vince.. Fresh off a bye-week, PO'ed about the media's shelling of disrespect for their fellow teammate.. he's going to look like a deer in headlights.

Shame in not starting Collins for the Titans. The guy is krytonite for the Cowboys-- see Raider game of last season.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #19
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Vince Young era has officially begun. About time....

I am pleased with you guys' reactions. Most of you seem to support Vince, which is good. I mean come on, how great would it be to see UT's savior beat the Cowgirls in his first NFL start???!
Old 09-30-2006   #20
MrMeToo
All Pro

I can't wait to see what Vince can do.Hope he does well.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read