Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-30-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 658 yards, 10 tds, 22ypc

Thats right, a WVa HS kid attained those stats! Crazy, isn't it?

I had no idea where to post this, but thought ya'll would appreciate this!

How crazy is that? I don't even know how you would run that far, that fast, that many times without just exhausting yourself. Even if the other team was unbelievably terrible, you'd think he'd get tired after a while.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2608373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Associated Press
DELBARTON, W.Va. -- Paul McCoy rushed for an apparent national high school-record 658 yards and scored 10 touchdowns Friday.

McCoy, who had 29 carries in Matewan's 64-0 win over Burch, ran for 477 yards just on his touchdown runs, which covered 69, 1, 52, 56, 52, 20, 31, 84, 87 and 25 yards. He also had a 77-yard TD run called back by penalty.

The National Federation of State High School Associations lists the national record as 619 yards, set by Ronney Jenkins of Oxnard, Calif., in 1995. McCoy's yardage will have to be verified before it becomes official.

McCoy's 10 touchdowns would tie him with two others for the second most nationally. The record is 12 set by Ken Pearson of Hugo, Colo., in 1930.

McCoy, who is averaging 364 yards per game, has 1,820 rushing yards and 26 touchdowns this season.
Old 09-30-2006   #2
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 658 yards, 10 tds, 22ypc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Thats right, a WVa HS kid attained those stats! Crazy, isn't it?

I had no idea where to post this, but thought ya'll would appreciate this!

How crazy is that? I don't even know how you would run that far, that fast, that many times without just exhausting yourself. Even if the other team was unbelievably terrible, you'd think he'd get tired after a while.

Thats is crazy, Good for him!..................

Probably during "garbage" time right?
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

He is a once in a lifetime back.... he must absolutely be drafted out of high school, regardless of rules!
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you say "Free ride at the college of his choice". I know I can.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #5
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

10 TD but the score was 64-0?

What?
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Is Greed View Post
10 TD but the score was 64-0?

What?
You see, a TD is worth 6 points, that would equal 60 points. After the first two TD's and two 2-point conversions, they probably kneeled on the ball after scoring a TD. After all, no point in running up the score (anymore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #7
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
You see, a TD is worth 6 points, that would equal 60 points. After the first two TD's and two 2-point conversions, they probably kneeled on the ball after scoring a TD. After all, no point in running up the score (anymore).
I can't tell if you are being facetious or not but why would they go for a 2 pt conversion? That makes absolutely no sense. I am leaning toward the media counting the TD that was called back for sensationalism.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2006   #8
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
He is a once in a lifetime back.... he must absolutely be drafted out of high school, regardless of rules!
AHAHAHA!
Old 09-30-2006   #9
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Is Greed View Post
I can't tell if you are being facetious or not but why would they go for a 2 pt conversion?
The school probably didn't have a soccer team to recruit a kicker from.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Alot of high school teams dont have kickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #11
TexansCanes
All Pro

hell of a game, but it doesn't appear schools are knocking down his door to get to him though.
Old 10-05-2006   #12
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

not to take away anything from his numbers but after about 300 yards and 5tds im thinking the other team just gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #13
real

I don't know...Im kinda skeptical about that one...the score doesn't add up...They have to have had a horrible kicker....

Why did the coach even leave the kid in the game after the score was so out of hand....

I question the competion....
Old 10-05-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

plenty of high school kickers miss PATs all the time. they're not automatic like the pros or even college.

this reminds me of kwane doster in high school going 354 yards on 17 carries for 7 TDs. that was the most ridiculous thing i've seen.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #15
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Even if the other team was unbelievably terrible, you'd think he'd get tired after a while.

With all the missed extra points, it would seem that the kicker was the one that got tired.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did the coach leave the kid in? Just to pad his stats? That's absolutely ridiculous that he didn't take the kid out.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #17
tburdette
Rookie

Guys I am from WV and while I dont know of this kid I do know that Matewan is a joke and they play no one. So while these are impressive numbers they are extremely overexxagerated and would not be put up in any other state except WV.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburdette View Post
Guys I am from WV and while I dont know of this kid I do know that Matewan is a joke and they play no one. So while these are impressive numbers they are extremely overexxagerated and would not be put up in any other state except WV.
Thanks for the clarification....Thats what I thought...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read