Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2006   #1
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

Default Texans get some love on NLF Live

Darren Woodson picked the Texans to win by saying, "I going with the Texans because they have the best QB in the league"

I was surprise to hear a statement like this come from ESPN

Just thought I'd share my shock, but I loved it
Old 09-30-2006   #2
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

Default Re: Texans get some love on NLF Live

has Darren Woodson been in TO's med cabinbet?

I love Carr...but...wow
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

The cheque from Bob McNair worked!!
Old 09-30-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Statistically he is. Statistics obviously only tell half the story though.

But, fact of the matter is that Carr has been one of the better QBs so far this year. Take away the couple of botched snaps, and he has played very effectively.

Obviously he isnt the best QB in the league.. but he doesnt deserve your disdain either. Give credit where it is due.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

no sarcasm in his voice?
Old 09-30-2006   #6
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 10376 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexanFan View Post
Darren Woodson picked the Texans to win by saying, "I going with the Texans because they have the best QB in the league"

He did not say the best QB in the league he said he was a good QB.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Both Mike and Mike picked us on their radio show. Both said that Carr would win this one. Stats can be very misleading I guess
Old 09-30-2006   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

What league is NLF? Lol. Good to hear someone giving us props.
Old 09-30-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexanFan View Post

I've known that for four years now.....
Old 09-30-2006   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Another situation of a few guys "thinking" that the matchup, on paper, warrants them picking Texans.

I love my team. I would "like" to say that I pick the Texans, too.

However.....I think we're worse than the Dolphins. We're better than the Raiders and possibly the Titans, but we are not better than the Dolphins.

Face it: The Texans are the cure for an ailing team that needs a win, and Miami gets a win against us, making Culpepper look like a Pro-Bowler again. If we could not pressure a member of the AARP Senior Citizens Organization (Brunell) what makes you think we can pressure a handicapper in Culpepper?

No pass rush. No blitzes. All day for Culpepper to pick us apart on so many different levels. What's sad is that if you even get just a little pressure on Culpepper, he makes bad decisions and looks awful...but we won't generate the same pressure that other teams are using (and using against US, I might add). Richard Smith is gone after this season...a bad idea that looked good at the time.

Keep dreaming, guys.

That's the last "love" you're going to get from any NFL sports show analyst after the Texans bomb yet another chance to make some progress against a weak team.
Old 09-30-2006   #11
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Another situation of a few guys "thinking" that the matchup, on paper, warrants them picking Texans.

I love my team. I would "like" to say that I pick the Texans, too.

However.....I think we're worse than the Dolphins. We're better than the Raiders and possibly the Titans, but we are not better than the Dolphins.

Face it: The Texans are the cure for an ailing team that needs a win, and Miami gets a win against us, making Culpepper look like a Pro-Bowler again. If we could not pressure a member of the AARP Senior Citizens Organization (Brunell) what makes you think we can pressure a handicapper in Culpepper?

No pass rush. No blitzes. All day for Culpepper to pick us apart on so many different levels. What's sad is that if you even get just a little pressure on Culpepper, he makes bad decisions and looks awful...but we won't generate the same pressure that other teams are using (and using against US, I might add). Richard Smith is gone after this season...a bad idea that looked good at the time.

Keep dreaming, guys.

That's the last "love" you're going to get from any NFL sports show analyst after the Texans bomb yet another chance to make some progress against a weak team.
Hate to say it, but I agree with this. Miami's offense is probably about on par with ours, but they have a much better defense than we do. I don't see how we pull this one out. Our QB play has been better than ours, but it's still very inconsistent due to lack of opportunities and no run game to support it.

Anyways, it is good to see Carr getting some love after these past 4 years of abuse. Skewed statistics or no, he's showing us that he can be a good NFL QB.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #12
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83 View Post
Hate to say it, but I agree with this. Miami's offense is probably about on par with ours, but they have a much better defense than we do. I don't see how we pull this one out. Our QB play has been better than ours, but it's still very inconsistent due to lack of opportunities and no run game to support it.

Anyways, it is good to see Carr getting some love after these past 4 years of abuse. Skewed statistics or no, he's showing us that he can be a good NFL QB.
skewed? havent you seen the breakdown by quarter of his qb rating? his highest rating is in the 1st quarter, not the fourth like everyone assumes. some people want carr to be the reason we are doing bad so much they will twist anything in their favor. I think it's shameful.
Old 09-30-2006   #13
sleepwalker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilTanker View Post
has Darren Woodson been in TO's med cabinbet?
HaHa that was a good 1!
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #14
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83 View Post
Hate to say it, but I agree with this. Miami's offense is probably about on par with ours, but they have a much better defense than we do....
Are they really or is it the skewed statistics as well, for us to play against Philly, Indy, and Wash (all within the top 10 offenses - Wash at #11) but then Miaimi has lost to Pittsburgh 28-17, Buffalo 16-6, and barely took Tennessee 13-10 (all bottom 10 offenses with Buffalo at #11 from the bottom)

May be skewed there as well.... but agree, our is pretty defensive.... smelling. No more read and react defense, you've switched to 4-3... let's see some smash mouth.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #15
cbnjwill
Veteran

i think woodson was hanging out with t.o. taking pills i dont think he would make such a stupid statement but if he did he should be fired best qb in the league thats absurd. carr is the 3rd best qb in his own division.
cbnjwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #16
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnjwill View Post
i think woodson was hanging out with t.o. taking pills i dont think he would make such a stupid statement but if he did he should be fired best qb in the league thats absurd. carr is the 3rd best qb in his own division.
I think Carr is a better QB than Leftwich.
Aztequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #17
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
skewed? havent you seen the breakdown by quarter of his qb rating? his highest rating is in the 1st quarter, not the fourth like everyone assumes. some people want carr to be the reason we are doing bad so much they will twist anything in their favor. I think it's shameful.
Dude, I gave Carr props, I think he's playing very well, but if you don't think his numbers are somewhat skewed I don't know what to tell you. He does have a great 1st and 4th quarter passer rating, but he got 3 TD's playing against a prevent D in the 4th quarter against Indi. If he could get that kind of production out of his few opportunities in the 2nd and third quarters when the game was still in reach then he'd be getting alot more praise. It's difficult to put up great numbers when you only touch the ball once a quarter, but if he doesn't find a way to be productive then, when the game is still on the line, then those late minute TD drives will only look nice in the stats column. If I'm correct he has 2 TD's (both on opening drives) in the 1st quarter, and 4 in the 4th. Without some help from the running game we're dead meat if he can't learn how to turn it up during the flow of the game.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #18
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnjwill View Post
carr is the 3rd best qb in his own division.
What do you base that statement on?

Total touchdowns?
Total passing Yards?
Completion Percentages?
Interceptions?
Overall QB Rating?

Or your own assesment.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #19
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

It be on my own assesment
Old 09-30-2006   #20
PoolMaster21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
Interesting! Where can you get the breakdown by quarter?

PoolMaster21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read