Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2006   #1
Barkley

Default We have a chance!

I know everyone hates me on this board. I Love this team as much as everyone else does. I think we have A CHANCE to win this week. We have to get after Dante but we can do it.

No fumbled snaps
No stupid holding penalties
No turnovers

Go Texans!
Old 09-29-2006   #2
texflex513
All Pro

Default Re: We have a chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
I know everyone hates me on this board. I Love this team as much as everyone else does. I think we have A CHANCE to win this week. We have to get after Dante but we can do it.

No fumbled snaps
No turnovers

Go Texans!
The things you emphasized are all offensive mistakes and the offense still had us in the game.... but the more important things are...

No blown coverages!!!!
No missed tackles!!!!
No stupid penalties...personal fouls, late hits or pass interferences..etc..!!!

TEXANS4LIFE!!!!!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #3
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

No fumbled snaps
No turnovers

Go Texans!
Carr and the backup center have had more time to work together this week, hopefully that solves problem #1.

The guys won't get in a hole quickly, get fustrated, and get stupid, problem #2 solved.

Problem #3 is more complicated BUT If Mario wasn't just saying what he thinks we want to hear, he will quit trying to outthink himself, get mean this week and cause some pressure. The secondary will do a better job of communicating, not have so many blown pass coverages, and free up a linebacker from pass coverage to blitz. The turnovers will be Miami turnovers. Problem #3 will be their problem and we win a game.

:icon Praying Hands With Fingers Crossed: :icon Banning The Sale Of Paper Bags In The Houston Area:
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #4
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
No we dont!!!!!!! We give upyards like a sieve. What the heck do you mean "we have a chance"?

We are lucky if we win. You should put it that way. Any QB is a probowler against this D. 3rd down machine...... 66%... got a chance........ LMAO!!! Thier not EVEN close to what we call "competitive"

Any given sunday does not apply to this kinda defense. Luck applies to this team.

I am just telling the truth. I'll come into sunday expecting to be hammered by the fish. Even if the texans win, I wont think they are turning any corners soon.

I am sorry to be harsh, but I did not see this kind of defensive flop at the beggining of the season. Yes I am a diehard fan.

I'm glad I don't live in YOUR world!!!!!

Texans suck, life is horrible, blah blah blah!!!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
No stupid penalties...personal fouls, late hits or pass interferences..etc..!!!

TEXANS4LIFE!!!!!
Hey, I would take a late hit on the QB from Mario at this point. I need something to hang on to...

Go Mario, get that first sack out of the way...
Old 09-30-2006   #6
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

What we will not be breaking into NO CHANCE chants this week?
Old 09-30-2006   #7
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

read my lips....TIME OF POSSESSION

If we are even close to winning that battle we will win the game.
Old 09-30-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No fumbled snaps
No turnovers

Go Texans!
I don't hate you.

I think we have a chance to win this week, but unfortunately, I just don't think our defense is good enough to stop even the most struggling of offenses.

Of course, I hope that my pessimism is proven wrong, but I have nothing in the first three games to base an optimistic outlook on.

Anything is possible, though...
Old 09-30-2006   #9
dantem
Veteran

Quote:

No fumbled snaps
No turnovers

Go Texans!
I agree with Barkley on this...
If we were playing the Colts I would say no way, but Miami has not been a pretty team to watch either.

If you read his post he qualifies his title.

No fumbled snaps
No turnovers

If we do these things we have a very good chance of winning.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #10
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't hate you.

I think we have a chance to win this week, but unfortunately, I just don't think our defense is good enough to stop even the most struggling of offenses.

Of course, I hope that my pessimism is proven wrong, but I have nothing in the first three games to base an optimistic outlook on.

Anything is possible, though...
I'm with you D/B. Right now teams are lining up wanting to play us. If you want to set NFL records, personal bests and amazing stats,.....play the texans!
Please Texans, prove me wrong!
Old 10-01-2006   #11
bigTEXan8
All Pro

i would like to see the defense not to give up the big plays. i don't know off the top of my head...but the texans' d has to have given up 15+ plays of 25 yards or more...if someone could double check that for me. that just puts a offense on a roll. so i think that limiting the "big" plays will help our defense in the long run...and a pass rush.
Old 10-01-2006   #12
giovanni338
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to giovanni338 Send a message via Yahoo to giovanni338

Quote:

No fumbled snaps
No turnovers

Go Texans!
Theres no way we have a chance to win this game, thats what everyone thought about the washington game and we lost that one.P.s washington had a worse record then the miami dolphins.
Old 10-01-2006   #13
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni338 View Post
Theres no way we have a chance to win this game, thats what everyone thought about the washington game and we lost that one.P.s washington had a worse record then the miami dolphins.
So much for no chance
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read