Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Why do you think will be the outcome of Sunday's game vs. Miami
Texans will by 7 or more 25 33.33%
Texans win by less than 7 24 32.00%
Dolphins win by 7 or more 22 29.33%
Dolphins win by less than 7 4 5.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow Weekly Poll: Outcome vs. Miami

Please vote honestly. You may post written replies as well.
Old 09-29-2006   #2
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan
Default Re: Weekly Poll: Outcome vs. Miami

Texans by 10 then two good weeks of practice and another big win in little d.

That puts us 2-3 and the j-ville game back here will a long shot imho.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans lose in a stunner. Culpepper returns to form, and their OL gives up only 1 sack.

The dolphins team is very talented. On offense they have a top 5 receiver in chambers, a stud with R. Brown, and a QB who has lost his way (Culpepper).
Their defense is pretty stout, with a great DE in taylor and one of the best MLBs in the league in Thomas.

They are just like the Redskins - a predicted contender who has suffered a terrible start and has lost their way.

I really, really hope I'm wrong and will be cheering louder than ever (we have the best shot at winning this as compared with the previous 3).

Go Texans prove me wrong!!

(PS I have predicted a win every other week and we've lost, so maybe this anti-jinx jinx will help!)
Old 09-29-2006   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

If this defense doesn't come up with something different than it's done the 1st 3 weeks, like maybe blitz, or even stop somebody on 3rd down, or be closer than 5 yards to the guy catching the ball, or something crazy like that, I don't see them winning against anyone.

Texans 24-17.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78085 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm really not sure, but i went texans by 7+. 3 things are going to happen this season, and i hope they happen this week but might not be there yet.

we get aggressive on defense (purely coaching ... rushing 4, admitting it, and failing to adjust is simply pathetic)
mario stops thinking and starts playing
our offensive gameplan becomes more stable and the coaching staff gets more comfortable on that side.

all of those feel like they're about to happen, but havent yet. hopefully they come together this sunday. if they do, i think we're going to win big. if they dont ... well, which quarterback record would culpepper like?
Old 09-30-2006   #6
tburdette
Rookie

Texans lose 24-13.........Carr looks impressive again but our defense just cant stop Ronnie Brown........Mario has 5 tackles and 1 sack
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

They will lose again , That defense is just abyssmal :brickwall

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2006   #8
whiskeyrbl

I'm taking the Texans by 7+. I expect our D to be aggressive this week after Kubes called them out.
Old 09-30-2006   #9
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

So if I"m to be wrong someone gonna take my birthday away. Texans beat Dolphins in NFL upset of the day +7 and will take more if they want to give it.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

20-17 texans.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
20-17 texans.
about right.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #12
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Dolphins By 17 dont see us stoping Ronnie Brown
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #13
sleepwalker
Veteran

This defense is terrible...I seriously doubt they can fix it in one week.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a little crazy this weekend. I'm predicting that the Texans beat the Dolphins AND the Cougars beat the Hurricanes.

I base this entirely on a prediction made by the world famous rabbit with a pancake on it's head. Here he is now.

I think that if these things happen then Miami newspapers are going to be real fun to read come Monday.
Old 09-30-2006   #15
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Is that like a cheaper substitute for Miss Cleo? I don't know how to read pancake but I'm sure that rabbit eats a lot less and can reside in smaller living quarters than a personal Miss Cleo. If it turns out accurate I might need to research such a thing.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #16
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

demeco , seth, TJ, and Dunta are gonna stuff the run, and mario, weaver and babin are gonna force the passing game out of rythym. I see a 28-10 Texans win, maybe better. 28 might seem like a lot against their D but I see us gettin a couple easy scores off our defense, and Carr is Money for 2 TD drives of his own. call me a homer, I'm sticking with it.
Old 09-30-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
They will lose again , That defense is just abyssmal :brickwall
Indeed. This team has given us nothing to base any confidence on, so I predict a career day in Culpepper's near future.

I see a great 4th quarter in David Carr's future, too

Dolphins - 37
Texans - 28
Old 09-30-2006   #18
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

24 to 10 Dolphins

I see them like any other team playing us. they get on their feet against us!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm a little crazy this weekend. I'm predicting that the Texans beat the Dolphins AND the Cougars beat the Hurricanes.
If I had to pick between which Houston team is more likely to beat their respective Miami counterpart then I'd have to go with the Cougars beating the Hurricanes.

As for the poll I'm feeling pretty optimistic so I went with the Dolphins beating us by less than 7. I hope I'm wrong & I hope this defense has a bad taste in their mouths from these first three games and are prepared to step up to the plate this Sunday. However, I've got no reason to believe they'll perform any better than they have so far.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me please put this in perspective:
Houston:
29th in total offense
32nd in total defense

Miami:
26th in total offense
7th in total defense

A bad offense (Miami) going against a terrible defense (Houston) = lots of points
A very bad offense (Houston) going against a great defense (Miami) = few points

The stats say this will be a bad Sunday

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read