Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2006   #1
jayjordan
Rookie

Default I know the texans have to regret............

Is it just me or does it seem like every houston organization over the past 10 years or so make stupid decisions? The rockets with trading almost a whole championship team for charles "2 old" barkley and the texans keeping Carr and not getting Bush or Cutler. Mario Williams is beyond disappointing and Carr was not worth bringing back he would be a better back up.
jayjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #2
WildBlackBear32
All Pro

Default Re: I know the texans have to regret............

I hate having the highest rated passer in the league as our QB too.
WildBlackBear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

First off, while I don't think mario is a bust (yet), I'm definitely in the "he sucks at the moment" camp and "we spent way too much on our terrible DL" camp.

That being said, this thread makes me sad. Carr is playing as well as he could be expected to, Bush isn't doing anything that exciting (although he is 'inspring' NO) and Cutler isnt even starting.
Old 09-29-2006   #4
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjordan View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like every houston organization over the past 10 years or so make stupid decisions? The rockets with trading almost a whole championship team for charles "2 old" barkley and the texans keeping Carr and not getting Bush or Cutler. Mario Williams is beyond disappointing and Carr was not worth bringing back he would be a better back up.
The only thing is carr is in the 1st year of his extension and mario is in his first year period... repost this in about 2-3 seasons when carr/mario have played a little longer... I truly think the word REGRET wont be in your repost.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bush or Cutler? No one had Cutler rated as the #1 QB and certainly not as one of the top 5 picks. Heck, he wasn't even in the top 10 (I think he went 11th). I wanted Bush. I didn't blast the Texans for not taking him (and I won't even if Williams becomes a bust) but Williams was the #2 rated player on most teams draft board and the #1 on a few teams (according to radio reports I listened to on and leading up to draft day). So to say Williams was a stupid decision isn't that credible. Yet.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Only thing the Rockets did remotely wrong, was trade Cassell...and even then I still applaud the Barkley deal. We weren't getting past round 2 with that team we had in 96...wasn't going to happen...period.

Mario won't be considered a bust for a while...so chill with that...and Carr is just fine right now...he'll get better and better as games go.
Old 09-30-2006   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
(although he is 'inspring' NO)
there you go
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2006   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, one post and trolling already
Old 09-30-2006   #9
CanadianTexansFan
Rookie

Quote:
I don't see the Texans too much, so I cannot say for sure on Mario. But I do think Carr is a half decent QB. He has never had a good 'O' line,never ! and the offensive plays they call for him are terrible., way too predictable.
Get Carr a good 'O' line and he will succeed.

Last edited by CanadianTexansFan; 09-30-2006 at 08:14 AM. Reason: spelling error
CanadianTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #10
texan_fan_in_tampa_bay
Rookie

Through three games, David Carr's numbers look like this:

Compl - 59
Att - 82
Pct - 72
Yds - 635
TD - 6
Int - 1
Rate - 113.6

(And he's still one of the Top 5 sacked QBs)

Too many people are forgetting about his talent because he's spent four years trying to get passes off in 0.6 seconds.
texan_fan_in_tampa_bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sage tell your cousins to stop.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_fan_in_tampa_bay View Post
Through three games, David Carr's numbers look like this:

Compl - 59
Att - 82
Pct - 72
Yds - 635
TD - 6
Int - 1
Rate - 113.6

(And he's still one of the Top 5 sacked QBs)

Too many people are forgetting about his talent because he's spent four years trying to get passes off in 0.6 seconds.
Be even better if they were on the field more
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #13
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's just you.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #14
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

I regret wasting my time and opening this thread.
Old 09-30-2006   #15
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32 View Post
I hate having the highest rated passer in the league as our QB too.
Yeah, the one who only shows up in the fourth quarter when we are getting blown out.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #16
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Mods why don't you lock these moronic threads!?
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator View Post
Mods why don't you lock these moronic threads!?
Personally I don't lock crap threads because the board would be half empty if I did. Maybe I just need to get a more finely tuned crapometer. One that differentiates between entertaining crap, harmless crap, crap, dumb crap, and offensive crap.
Old 09-30-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hindsight is always 20/20.

If you have foresight that is half as good, then you'll make great money working for a professional sports team.

Good luck with all that.
Old 09-30-2006   #19
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Personally I don't lock crap threads because the board would be half empty if I did. Maybe I just need to get a more finely tuned crapometer. One that differentiates between entertaining crap, harmless crap, crap, dumb crap, and offensive crap.

I think you guys need to have a serious discussion on tightening the reigns around here.

Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator View Post
I think you guys need to have a serious discussion on tightening the reigns around here.
Actually, some of you need to discuss how easily you can be baited by some hit & run first-poster. He's got to be laughing his ass off.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read