Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2004   #21
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
As silly as it sounds, I was honestly wondering why that is. If you look at the Power rankings there, KC is 20 and we're 30.
Yeah, I agree, but the Chiefs are unraveling off the field this week, and it's getting a lot of media attention. I think that's factoring into the media belief that the Chiefs will blow it and go 0-3. Personally, I don't buy that, but if they DO go 0-3 including a loss to poor ol' Houston, well, I think there's a good chance the Chiefs will go into the tank for weeks.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if 0-3 will be the end of their year or anything. 0-3 is something that can be turned around. I will not like seeing the Texans at 0-3 but it will go down a lot easier once the season's all said and done if they start out bad and finish good. I'd prefer to see them 0-6 at the break but wrapping up with 3 out of 4 wins and finishing close to .500 than to see them win this week, then lose again, then stumble along the rest of the way like they have the past two seasons finishing on a losing streak.

I was thinking they were ahead of schedule and I knew that the first part of the season would probably have it's share of down days as things came together. I just got ahead of myself because it looked like the start of the year was an easy 2-0. I should have known better (we all should have known better). There are no easy wins in the NFL.

Give me a good strong second half of the season showing and the Texans will be in good shape.
Old 09-24-2004   #23
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, I had enough of this. Embarrassed? Embarrassed? Man never say you are embarrassed of your team. Never!! I know that sounds like a homer but it is not being homer. It is called being loyal. Yes, get mad and demand better from your team. Yes, get upset at the facts of how we lossed the game, admit your team got beat by a better team that Sunday, voice your opinion about how they are not doing well whatever. But never use the word embarrassed. When I hear that word, the only thing that comes to mind is the Aint's fans and you have seen the result of that attitude from the fans. Nothing and only one playoff win because of it. I am not saying accept low level of football. I am saying that when your team is down, give them a reason to play and in the end when our team is at it's pinnacle you will never have to look back and say your team ever embarrassed you.

C'mon yall, our team needs us the most now if ever!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #24
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I will forever be embarrassed by the Oilers playoff loses to Denver, Buffalo and Kansas City in 1991-1993. The Buffalo loss in 1992 might be the most embarrassing loss any fan in any sport has ever had to endure.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004   #25
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans haven't done anything to this point to be embarrassing, disappointing, yes.
Old 09-25-2004   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree. I was embarrassed of the way the Texans played in the first two games. The San Diego loss was not a good thing obviously. I expect the team to be ready for the season opener. There's just no excuse for that. Coming out dead flat in Detroit the very next week though after getting a wake up call like the one the Chargers gave them was IMO embarrassing. The Texans let down their fans in that one. Not by losing it but by coming out and playing like zombies for the entire first half. Detroit did the same thing so it was only a 7-3 halftime lead but that's Detroit. If they want to do that fine. I expect more out of the Texans.

On a more positive not I also expect we'll be seeing the kind of effort we've come to expect from them in the coming weeks. By the end of the year I believe they'll be playing some tough football and beating some people in the last quarter of the season.
Old 09-25-2004   #27
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Hervoyel, you will lose that avatar this week and once again you will don the Texan avatar.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read