Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-29-2006   #1
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat
Default Something for everybody

Everyone seems to have a different opinion of what our biggest need is...so who would you like to see us pick up on the first day?

Me: DE Quentin Moses, Georgia- 6'5", 250 lbs. He is a better pass rusher than Mario, and is definately more fundamentally sound. He lacks the speed and physical build of Mario, but he can definately secure a spot on any NFL team.

My second pick: 6'3", 221 lbs. LB/DB Will Herring from Auburn. He could very easily slip to the third round. He can tackle. Enough Said. However I will say more. He has a nose for the ball, and can cover better than C.C. Brown. Waiting until the third to fill this need allows us to go after another position, preferably Offensive Line.

I would love to hear some of your ideas.
Old 09-29-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Something for everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat View Post
Everyone seems to have a different opinion of what our biggest need is...so who would you like to see us pick up on the first day?

Me: DE Quentin Moses, Georgia- 6'5", 250 lbs. He is a better pass rusher than Mario, and is definately more fundamentally sound. He lacks the speed and physical build of Mario, but he can definately secure a spot on any NFL team.

My second pick: 6'3", 221 lbs. LB/DB Will Herring from Auburn. He could very easily slip to the third round. He can tackle. Enough Said. However I will say more. He has a nose for the ball, and can cover better than C.C. Brown. Waiting until the third to fill this need allows us to go after another position, preferably Offensive Line.

Well, Moses is Mario Lite, and we do not have the resources to spend another top 16 pick on a d-lineman. You shouldn't worry about guys you think are worth the 3rd round at this point. Underclassmen, injuries, combine greats, and other factors will re-shape the depth of the draft...BUT, I would not like a LB/DB playing FS. I want a pure FS. A pure FS is like a pure PG. I want a Steve Nash for this team. Also, Herring is not my favorite player either.
Old 09-29-2006   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the Texans biggest need is to win, satisfy the paying fans who put their collective butts in the seats each home game without a true superstar playmaker like Vince Young or Reggie Bush (don't need to tell anyone here we passed on both) to watch develop and excell :brickwall

Biggest need a Sean Taylor type of secondary heavy hitter like a Laron Landry. However trading back and adding picks is paramount so we draft Landry and a top tier CB (yet to be determined). The Texans need to address this team as a extension franchise & this time address the defense, while the offense catches up.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #4
Ckw

If we get another high first round pick I'm real interested in Laron Landry. We are really weak at safety and think Landry could really upgrade the secondary. Next round I say we go after a good corner or offensive lineman. But who knows. Too early to tell right now.
Old 09-30-2006   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat View Post
Offensive weapons with 1st pick. Adrian Peterson with the 1st pick and then Defensive players from there on. We have got to get an elite back in there or we are going to be hurting for years to come... Everyone keeps saying D players, but we have done that too many times and look where we are now. I know the old saying, Off. wins games and Def wins Championships. But I want to win games now, not a championship...
Old 09-30-2006   #6
Snapple
Veteran

Another D-line in the first round? You have got to be kidding me. We have enough of those, thanks.

We need offensive line, we need a running back, and we need a safety. Two safeties, actually. Whoever of those is the best player available when we pick.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #7
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

It is much easier to get a good safety in FA than it is to get a good CB. So draft oline, CB, LB, pickup good a FS in Free agency. One with experience to teach our younger guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2006   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

It's been ignored for far too long. It's time to address the offensive line.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
It's been ignored for far too long. It's time to address the offensive line.
It was completely ignored this year. We got our future RG and RT out of the draft, however, what I believe you mean is we have never addressed the need for at least one elite offensive lineman.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read