Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2006   #1
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Default Come on down DOM!

I would hope the offensive players left over would want to show Capers that his OC was way off in his approach. I expect 3 tds by passing and at least one by rushing (Carr?) I think Carr will have a very high passing attempts.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #2
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Come on down DOM!

I hope the fact that it is Dom's team coming back here, will help light SOME kind of fire under these guys. I'm thinking God knows, so I'm just gonna pray......

Seriously though, I would think David would want to "show" Dom just how good he can be. Not that Dom is a bad guy, but David had 4 years of pure h**l. Then Mario can get a sack in on Culpepper, and we will be off and running, fired up, like New Orleans was last week. We win 27-3.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #3
K.D.
Veteran

Yeah, I agree that I would love to see our Texans show Capers what could have been if he had more of a plan/scheme to follow by. I'm pretty sure that Carr is more than thrilled to show that he can pick apart a Capers defense. I just hope our D can get penetration and create problems for the dolphins.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Keep in mind the first sack that MW gets will be the beginning of a beast...That first one will light his fire
Old 09-29-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396588 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I like y'all's optimism. Hopefully it'll rub off on my cynical self.
Old 09-29-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You know perhaps this is some kind of omen for the Texans. You know, by beating Dom they might do away with their former selves and this could be something our organization grows on.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #7
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
I would hope the offensive players left over would want to show Capers that his OC was way off in his approach. I expect 3 tds by passing and at least one by rushing (Carr?) I think Carr will have a very high passing attempts.
Never mind the offensive players left over. How about at least 6 offensive players that started or played a big role or was a high draft pick, on this offense just last year, that aren't even in the league right now.

Hollings, Bradford, Gaffney, Wells, Riley, Wand.

I hope Carr and co. drops a 40 spot on Dom. Problem is, that still might not be enough to win.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2006   #8
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If DOM is calling their plays, then at least we know their whole offensive game strategy...

Short run
Short run
Throw away pass or sack
punt

BUT keep it close till the 4th quarter and hope for a miracle.

And of course on the defensive side, if you are good in the secondary, you will get traded.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #9
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
Keep in mind the first sack that MW gets will be the beginning of a beast...That first one will light his fire
That's what I'm saying!!! GO Mario!! Bring it on!!!
Old 09-30-2006   #10
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
You know perhaps this is some kind of omen for the Texans. You know, by beating Dom they might do away with their former selves and this could be something our organization grows on.

I lOVE that thought! Yes, bye bye old team, it is a NEW day!!!!!
Old 09-30-2006   #11
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
...question--do you hold your breath?...or not
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #12
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

One of the local papers in the Miami market did a feature on Capers' return to Houston (the story is available here), noting that the Capers-led Miami defense is giving up 40 fewer yards a game (moving from 18th to 7th in NFL rankings) and about 2 fewer points per game than it did in 2005.

It's questionable how much Dom really has to do with those changes, but I thought it was interesting that Capers himself touted Miami's ability to run both the 3-4 AND the 4-3 interchangeably.

Weren't the Texans doing some of that this preseason?
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006   #13
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I would like to see our offense chew his defense apart. Like to see Carr get at least 3 td's and have this team be able to say "SEE, it wasn't us, it was the coach!".
Old 10-01-2006   #14
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

If I'm Carr or any of the other Capers' coached players left on the team, this is a MUST WIN. Maybe this game is the spark that gets us going in the right direction of MORE WINS!!!!

Gotta pray on it.

Go Texans!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read