Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2006   #1
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Speaking of scripted plays...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4223344.html

On a related note, I heard this story a while ago. In a recent season, the Broncos were running their scripted plays to start a road game and the defense continually stuffed them. The coaches couldn’t figure out how the defense was reading the plays so well. A little later in the week the Broncos received, via mail, a copy of their playbook that had been left in or taken from a hotel room. Apparently it was sent by the other coaching staff who had received it from a helpful fan. The name of the player who lost the book was on it.

That must have been an interesting meeting.
Old 09-29-2006   #2
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Speaking of scripted plays...

I can only imagine the meeting was full of the most scurrilous obloquy. Or, to put it another way, I'll steal from The Christmas Story:

Coach wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Mile High.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

All right. After two hours all I get is "scurrilous obloquy"? That's it! I'm taking my amusing anecdotes and going home.

The "tapestry of obscenities" was nicely phrased though. I'm going to starting limning with more clinquant prose.
Old 09-29-2006   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Runner, are you in need of Friday love?
Old 09-29-2006   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

His love for interesting football anecdotes is bordering on monomania. Maybe if anyone has a good anecdote to contribute, especially about the Texans...?
Old 09-29-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I am trying not to click on your link because I haven't read the paper version of the paper yet.

I'm old school, and I like to read it that way first.

Nice anecdote tho.
Old 09-29-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Runner, are you in need of Friday love?
Starved for attention.

Or bored.

I'm just trying to provide a little theriac for the gloominess of the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I am trying not to click on your link because I haven't read the paper version of the paper yet.

Wow. I think getting rid of newspapers is one of the outstanding attributes of the web.
Old 09-29-2006   #8
Texans86
All Pro

Does anyone remember when Pitts had his car stolen a couple years ago with his plasybook inside? Wonder wha became of that playbook. I think they found the car but the book was gone.
Old 09-29-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Nice anecdote tho.
A luddite blogger. Interesting...
Old 09-29-2006   #10
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86 View Post
Does anyone remember when Pitts had his car stolen a couple years ago with his plasybook inside? Wonder wha became of that playbook. I think they found the car but the book was gone.
I thought that was Antwan Peek?
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso View Post
A luddite blogger. Interesting...
I just like the way it looks in print. And I adore taking a newspaper to my favorite restaurant and eating a nice meal and reading the paper. One of my favorite things to do.

Also, there are often graphics that show up in the paper that are not in the internet copy.
Old 09-29-2006   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle View Post
I thought that was Antwan Peek?
It was Peek

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #13
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah that was Peek, must have sucked.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #14
Texans86
All Pro

I'm pretty sure the reason we suckked last year is that every other team we played had our playbook. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.
Old 09-29-2006   #15
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the reason we suckked last year is that every other team we played had our playbook. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.
I'm pretty sure every team knew all 3 of our plays last year.

The CARR gets sacked play...
The Johnson drops a pass that hit him in the chest play..
And the CARR bootlegs out of bounds 3 yards short of the first down marker play.

Last edited by dantem; 09-29-2006 at 03:36 PM.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #16
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Pitts couldn't have lost a playbook last year. It was more of a pamphlet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read