Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TJ comes to Mario's defense

""Mario's going to take responsibility for what he does, but everybody has to remember Mario's a rookie, three games into it," said defensive tackle Travis Johnson, the Texans' first-round pick in 2005. "I can understand, being the No. 1 pick, everybody has anticipation of him doing all these Super Mario-type things.
"Eventually, when Mario starts making big plays and becomes Super Mario, all of a sudden, y'all are going to be talking different things about him. Everybody's going to be jumping on the bandwagon."
"For Mario and the Reggie Bush controversy, he's going to forever be linked to a running back, which is not fair," Johnson said. "We don't give Mario the ball to score touchdowns.
"I mean, everybody's sitting there (slobbering) all over themselves because Reggie Bush rushed for 63 yards (in the Saints' victory over the Falcons on Monday night), but Mario is a D-lineman, the second-hardest position to play on the field. But I think if we gave Mario the ball, he could rack up 63 yards, too."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4220367.html
TJ can appreciate the criticism that Mario is being subjected to more than
anybody on the team. Still, expectations for Mario are higher, far higher than
the FSU grad who was taken in the mid teens of the first round last year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TJ comes to Mario's defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
D-lineman, the second-hardest position to play on the field.
Spoken like a D-lineman.
Old 09-28-2006   #3
real

Quote:
""Mario's going to take responsibility for what he does, but everybody has to remember Mario's a rookie, three games into it," said defensive tackle Travis Johnson, the Texans' first-round pick in 2005. "I can understand, being the No. 1 pick, everybody has anticipation of him doing all these Super Mario-type things.
"Eventually, when Mario starts making big plays and becomes Super Mario, all of a sudden, y'all are going to be talking different things about him. Everybody's going to be jumping on the bandwagon."
"For Mario and the Reggie Bush controversy, he's going to forever be linked to a running back, which is not fair," Johnson said. "We don't give Mario the ball to score touchdowns.
"I mean, everybody's sitting there (slobbering) all over themselves because Reggie Bush rushed for 63 yards (in the Saints' victory over the Falcons on Monday night), but Mario is a D-lineman, the second-hardest position to play on the field. But I think if we gave Mario the ball, he could rack up 63 yards, too."
Sounds Good...
Old 09-28-2006   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

when i first read the thread i thought maybe mario was about to get in a fight with a scout, and TJ came and defended him

but this works to
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #5
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Spoken like a D-lineman.
Its true.

You dont know the count, guys are pounding on you a step before you know what is going on, if you stand up too high you get KILLED!

QB and then DLine are the hardest to play.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Its true.

You dont know the count, guys are pounding on you a step before you know what is going on, if you stand up too high you get KILLED!

QB and then DLine are the hardest to play.
No...D-line is probably one of the easier positions to play....I know for a fact it isn't harder than O-line...And if you wan't to look at it from a physical standpoint...it's not harder than running back...I would have to say D-Line is in fact THE easiest position to play...DT's being the easiest, and DE's being second easiest....
Old 09-28-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is right on with this, you can critique him all you want, but when people start fortune telling Marios future you just sound stupid.

And if your affended by what he said then he is talking to you!
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
No...D-line is probably one of the easier positions to play....I know for a fact it isn't harder than O-line...And if you wan't to look at it from a physical standpoint...it's not harder than running back...I would have to say D-Line is in fact THE easiest position to play...DT's being the easiest, and DE's being second easiest....
Seeing how I have played the possition in HS and College and had some camp time in the NFL I think I know what I am talking about.

***EDIT*** O and I forgot about 300lbs guys taking your legs out cause they cant block you and then if they miss they come with their leg wip.

And like I said if your affended by what Travis said then he is talking to you.
Old 09-28-2006   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to hear teammates backing up one another.

Although I think the hardest positions to start in are in order:

QB
CB
DE
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How the hell would you know what is harder to play in the NFL? You are making a joke out of the name "xtruroyaltyx" with posts like this.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #11
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Quote:
Dude you wanted Reggie Bush.......

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I like to hear that they're taking up for each other.

I would say O-line and QB are the hardest positions to play. I don't know that I'd say D-line is "second hardest" but I can appreciate most of what Travis is saying, especially since it's the same thing I've been saying: give the guy time (and I also appreciated how he threw in a quick jab at Reggie.)

We drafted Mario because he's an athletic freak and we said from the word go that the guy will need a little time to develop. I still think he will pour it on at the end of the year as he continues to improve and add a move or two to his rush.
Old 09-28-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seeing how I have played the possition in HS and College and had some camp time in the NFL I think I know what I am talking about.
Or are biased.
Old 09-28-2006   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry TJ was wrong about Reggie

He didn't run for 63 yards.

He ran for 53.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #15
real

Quote:
He is right on with this, you can critique him all you want, but when people start fortune telling Marios future you just sound stupid.

And if your affended by what he said then he is talking to you!
LOL.....So it's ok to predict he will be great....but you just sound stupid when you predict he'll be a bust....Thats what you meant to say...
Old 09-28-2006   #16
real

Quote:

***EDIT*** O and I forgot about 300lbs guys taking your legs out cause they cant block you and then if they miss they come with their leg wip.

And like I said if your affended by what Travis said then he is talking to you.
Maybe you're just biased....
Old 09-28-2006   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Or are biased.
Bro? Its a fact. Come on.
Old 09-28-2006   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
How the hell would you know what is harder to play in the NFL? You are making a joke out of the name "xtruroyaltyx" with posts like this.
You're right I have never played in the NFL.......have you???
Old 09-28-2006   #19
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL.....So it's ok to predict he will be great....but you just sound stupid when you predict he'll be a bust....Thats what you meant to say...
Yea put words in my mouth big dog, arent you late for 1st period.
Old 09-28-2006   #20
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Maybe you're just biased....
Yea thats what it is, were does the anger come from, cause you found out your flat wrong.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read