Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2006   #1
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A quote most have been waiting for from Mario

Not sure if this has been posted, but Mario was interviewed today and while all pro players pretty much say the right things, this is a statement that I personally have been wanting to see:

(on how it seems like he is doing more hand fighting than someone his size needs) “I feel like I’m 295 lbs so I have to be more violent. That is the number one thing my coaches tell me about is I have to be more violent and not really patty-cake with anybody. Just go hit them in the mouth and make a move after that.”

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #2
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: A quote most have been waiting for from Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted, but Mario was interviewed today and while all pro players pretty much say the right things, this is a statement that I personally have been wanting to see:

(on how it seems like he is doing more hand fighting than someone his size needs) I feel like Im 295 lbs so I have to be more violent. That is the number one thing my coaches tell me about is I have to be more violent and not really patty-cake with anybody. Just go hit them in the mouth and make a move after that.
Let's hope he takes this to heart and does it. BTW, we aren't responsible for the opposition's dental bills are we?
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #3
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one would love to see this guy throw a bigger punch, not lay his hands on someone and push but PUNCH his guy in the chest and slide that sucker up into his throat every now and again.

This guy can play he needs someone to talk about his mom or he needs someone to step on his infected toe to get MAD!!!!!!!!!

He needs to take a class in Peek 101- How to get flippin ticked.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
I for one would love to see this guy throw a bigger punch, not lay his hands on someone and push but PUNCH his guy in the chest and slide that sucker up into his throat every now and again.

This guy can play he needs someone to talk about his mom or he needs someone to step on his infected toe to get MAD!!!!!!!!!

Wow, imagine Mario's physical tool set with Peek's motor/attitude. I like Peek, even in the Texans' programs he looks like he's ready to jump up and sack the photographer.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

We really need Peek back in like Hulk said!

This team is in NEED of someone with fire to yell on the sidelines ala Michael Strayhorn and Jeremy Shockey of the Giants

(not going as far as Shockey did by pointing fingers but people to get MAD about this on the sidelines DURING the game).
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #6
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Michael Strayhorn and Jeremy Shockey of the Giants
isnt he running for governor?
Old 09-27-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There have been about 5 times thru pre-season and the 1st 3 games when Mario looked like he forgot about thinking and was just big--on those plays he has tossed people like they were nothing. Overall he has been unimpressive so far but IF or more hopefully when he learns to use what he has he can justify the #1 pick. Dude will never be Freeney or Kearse--he needs to learn to be Williams. A little Peek injection would be a good thing.
Old 09-27-2006   #8
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
^
^
^LOL
Old 09-27-2006   #9
jmlockett
Rookie

Quote:

Ok I volunteer to go and bad mouth his momma thru a bull horn wearing the jearsey and helmet of the teams quarterback we're playing against. I will need a good driver. Someone that will get me the hell out of their if he should want to get violent with me.
jmlockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #10
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlockett View Post

Ok I volunteer to go and bad mouth his momma thru a bull horn wearing the jearsey and helmet of the teams quarterback we're playing against. I will need a good driver. Someone that will get me the hell out of their if he should want to get violent with me.
Hehe...I was thinking about Henry Winkler talking to Sandler in The Waterboy, visualize and attack. What would Mario visualize...the press saying he shouldn't have been the number 1 pick. If that doesn't get him fired up I don't know what will. Just my .
Old 09-27-2006   #11
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
ill admit i had one hell of a laugh

lol

Strayhorn, lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #12
dantem
Veteran

Quote:

Absolutely, but without the vomiting between each play from the adrenalin.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish he would do it instead of talk about it. Talk is cheap

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #14
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbkan View Post
Hehe...I was thinking about Henry Winkler talking to Sandler in The Waterboy, visualize and attack. What would Mario visualize...the press saying he shouldn't have been the number 1 pick. If that doesn't get him fired up I don't know what will. Just my .
Probably Visualize ESPN people saying what a bad pick he was at Number 1.

"Mario Williams sets Sack Record thanks to Visualization"

I can see it now.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

fwiw, the phrase "I want upper body violence" came out of Coach Karm's mouth every five minutes as I watched him put the DLs (including Mario) through their paces in training camp. That was in late July.

I'm sure Karm would be happy to read that Mario quote. It proves the student was listening to the teacher at some point in the last two months.

Next lesson: Just do it.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

On the play where #76 got called for a hold against him, he was pretty awesome. He started going for the outside, and when #76 tried to step out in front of him, Mario exploded into his chest. #76 backs up & Resets, Mario punches him high in the chest, sending him back again...... Mario rushes him, & reaches for Brunnel, & that's when #76 started grapling him.

Babin was Bullrushing #69(??) at the same time, who also got called for holding.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #17
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33363 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Texan View Post
Let's hope he takes this to heart and does it. BTW, we aren't responsible for the opposition's dental bills are we?
Nice!
Old 09-28-2006   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
(on how it seems like he is doing more hand fighting than someone his size needs) I feel like Im 295 lbs so I have to be more violent. That is the number one thing my coaches tell me about is I have to be more violent and not really patty-cake with anybody. Just go hit them in the mouth and make a move after that.
Im sorry...But I don't understand where the jubilation is in this quote...I heard him say this on the radio yesterday and honestly it made me uneasy...What do you mean "not really patty-cake..." Why were you doing that to begin with Mario??? I have to be more violent??? You are a professional football player....Number one overall pick at DE....And you have to be told to be more violent??? Oh is that all it took...Now the problem will be solved....Mario needs more work than to just be told..."be more violent"....I really hope our d-line coach steps up, because from what I see our defense is looking like a perennial weakness...
Old 09-28-2006   #19
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
On the play where #76 got called for a hold against him, he was pretty awesome. He started going for the outside, and when #76 tried to step out in front of him, Mario exploded into his chest. #76 backs up & Resets, Mario punches him high in the chest, sending him back again...... Mario rushes him, & reaches for Brunnel, & that's when #76 started grapling him.

Babin was Bullrushing #69(??) at the same time, who also got called for holding.
If you watch the Colts game (Mario's best effort to date) He was blatantly held many times without a penalty being called. Had it not been for those holds he would have probably gotten at least 2 sacks as they were from Mannings blind side on those plays.

Butttttt..... That happens constantly in the NFL, so I guess you can't really use that as an excuse. I thought the comment he made about how hard it was to get a sack in the NFL was interesting. It kinda shows where he's at as a rookie. Figuring out that the NFL is much bigger and faster than college. He has obviously been playing with a lot of hesitation, He's not committing his whole body to the play. I really believe once it sinks in that he has the ability to dominate his blocker(s) He will. I also think that once he gets his first sack his confidence level will go way up, and he will be a force for the team.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
Butttttt..... That happens constantly in the NFL, so I guess you can't really use that as an excuse. I thought the comment he made about how hard it was to get a sack in the NFL was interesting. It kinda shows where he's at as a rookie. Figuring out that the NFL is much bigger and faster than college. He has obviously been playing with a lot of hesitation, He's not committing his whole body to the play. I really believe once it sinks in that he has the ability to dominate his blocker(s) He will. I also think that once he gets his first sack his confidence level will go way up, and he will be a force for the team.
Sounds good...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read