Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2006   #1
kocian1
Rookie

Default Can he help?

I haven't heard much about Kailee Wong lately. Putting him on the field, would it be a plus or minus? Given he hasn't played in almost a decade, and this new crappy system we're running.
kocian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #2
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan
Default Re: Can he help?

Look at it this way...how could he hurt...not being negative, but maybe, just maybe some new pieces is what we need. There really isn't a quick fix for us though...in time thing will fall together and I shall be patient with Kubes and the Boys, but the 'DC' well I am giving him a few more games to pass judgement.
Old 09-27-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Kailee Wong is on the PUP list (Physically Unable to Perform) and I think if you are put on there you aren't eligible to come off until sometime around mid-season.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Well Kailee Wong is on the PUP list (Physically Unable to Perform) and I think if you are put on there you aren't eligible to come off until sometime around mid-season.
They can come back at game 6, but a decision has to be made by game 9 as to what your going to do with the player. Cut him, play him or put him on IR for the rest of the season.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Kubiak was on the radio the other night stating that they are excited to get Wong back here in the next couple of weeks. Faggins will be day to day as far as coming back for the Cowboys game after the bye week.

No real news about Mathis.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #6
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Im not a big fan of Wong (that sounds like it should be edited)
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #7
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Im not a big fan of Wong (that sounds like it should be edited)
You know, I'm not a huge Kailee Wong fan either, but we do miss what he brings to this defense. By saying that I'm not a huge fan, I mean that I think you could definitely get a talent upgrade at his position (but it isn't Orr). Seeing our defense these past three games, it's made me appreciate what a player like Wong can mean....at least in our instance.

He's a steady veteran player that plays solid. Does he ever make huge game-changing plays? Not really, but he doesn't get pushed around much and doesn't give up huge plays...unlike the rest of our defense right now (except Ryans and DRob.)

He could be the LEADER that this defense needs....he wouldn't be afraid to verbalize and correct others. I think it would definitely help to get back a healthy K. Wong to stick in place of Orr.....as others have mentioned, it sure couldn't hurt.
Old 09-28-2006   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB View Post
You know, I'm not a huge Kailee Wong fan either, but we do miss what he brings to this defense. By saying that I'm not a huge fan, I mean that I think you could definitely get a talent upgrade at his position (but it isn't Orr). Seeing our defense these past three games, it's made me appreciate what a player like Wong can mean....at least in our instance.

He's a steady veteran player that plays solid. Does he ever make huge game-changing plays? Not really, but he doesn't get pushed around much and doesn't give up huge plays...unlike the rest of our defense right now (except Ryans and DRob.)

He could be the LEADER that this defense needs....he wouldn't be afraid to verbalize and correct others. I think it would definitely help to get back a healthy K. Wong to stick in place of Orr.....as others have mentioned, it sure couldn't hurt.

Go rewatch the Washington game. Orr is not the problem. Where do you play Wong ? I'm not holding out a lot of hope for this btw. If it was close to happening, the coach would be throwing us the bone of hope. I don't think one player fixes this thing of ours.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #9
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I personally think Mathis, Faggins, and Wong would all be HUGE pluses. They all bring speed. Wong brings vet leadership and strength. Faggins is a SERIOUS gamer. Mathis puts Buchanon where he needs to be - on the bench.
Old 09-28-2006   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 381485 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick View Post
Mathis puts Buchanon where he needs to be - on the bench.
When Mathis returns it is entirely likely Buchanon will still be the punt returner with Mathis taking over just kick returning. Buchanon has far more twitchy/Reggie Bush in him than Mathis has although Mathis excels at kick returns.
Old 09-28-2006   #11
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
When Mathis returns it is entirely likely Buchanon will still be the punt returner with Mathis taking over just kick returning. Buchanon has far more twitchy/Reggie Bush in him than Mathis has although Mathis excels at kick returns.
Point taken. Buchanon however is not my idea of the perfect image of a Texans player. He all mouth and no show.
Old 09-28-2006   #12
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

kick returner is all speed and vision, mostly vision, you see the lane, you cut into the lane and you run. mathis does this as good as anyone iv'e seen. steve smith comes to mind in his better days. buchanon can make the first move to get the guys to miss though and thats what you need on punt returns.
Old 09-28-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else notice how when Jamie Sharper left our defense hasn't been anywhere near as good?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #14
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Wong may be able to blitz pretty good......oh yeah we don't blitz anymore.
Old 09-28-2006   #15
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Anybody else notice how when Jamie Sharper left our defense hasn't been anywhere near as good?
I've noticed.
Old 09-28-2006   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
And aaron glenn.
Old 09-28-2006   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Uh........maybe because he ran out of gas and we cut him?

Same with Glenn.

Same with Coleman.

Same with Bradford.

We held onto players way too long, IMO. Those guys produced at the end of their careers, and they produced juuuuuust enough for a struggling expansion team to make a little bit of a difference. You know, a guy at the end of his career really can look good one season and then the next season "IT" is just gone...vanished...adios. It happens that quickly.

Wong could be that missing link that we need to get it going on defense. Before his injury, he was directing the defense on the field. With him AND Demeco at the controls, the linebacking crew could be a fairly good one.

It'd be nice to let those two guys freestyle it and have some freedom to trade off turns at blitzing the QB and falling into coverage or spying the RB, etc. They have the speed and the savvy to do it, IMO.
Old 09-28-2006   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I'm pretty sure Sharper and Glenn had another 2 good seasons to give us. Glenn left because we thought him expendable, and parcells wanted him. if i remember correctly, sharper went to the seahawks because he wanted to leave the Texans organization. i might be wrong.
Old 09-28-2006   #19
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
I'm pretty sure Sharper and Glenn had another 2 good seasons to give us. Glenn left because we thought him expendable, and parcells wanted him. if i remember correctly, sharper went to the seahawks because he wanted to leave the Texans organization. i might be wrong.
Sharper asked for a release after we signed Greenwood.
Old 09-28-2006   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 381485 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Sharper asked for a release after we signed Greenwood.
No--Glenn asked to be released after the Texans signed Buchanon. Sharper was released due to a huge cap figure, a big drop in performance and injury concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
I'm pretty sure Sharper and Glenn had another 2 good seasons to give us.
How was Sharper going to give the Texans two good seasons when he couldn't make it elsewhere for 2 seasons? He played 10 games in Seattle and is now out of the league. Loved Sharper his 1st 3 years here but his departure was timely rather than a bad step.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read