Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Default Preview of the Miami Dolphins

Our Houston Texans will battle the Miami Dolphins this upcoming Sunday, in our house, Reliant Stadium. Both teams are have struggled some this year, but both also look to smooth out the bump in the road and get things going.

The following is a preview I have put together of the Miami Dolphins. My 'Keys To Beating Miami' will be posted tomorrow (Thursday) as usual.

Miami's offensive, lead by new offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, is said to be the type of offense that strong, power running game. Once they establish this, they try to get some passes downfield off of the play-action.

Daunte Culpepper is obviously a very big name with the Miami Dophins this season, as he is to lead the offense at the Quarterback position. In 2004, Culpepper put up very impressive number, only Peyton Manning's were better. Culpepper had a bad year last season with the Minnesota Vikings, by throwing 8 interceptions in the first two games, and having an ACL injury devastate the remainder of his season. Not to mention that little boat party.

This year, Culpepper has 1 TD pass and 3 INTs. Not great numbers at all as he is struggling with his new team in Miami this year. He could just me adjusting to a new offense, in which case he will certainly improve. Last week versus the Titans, Culpepper completed 65% of his pases and was not picked off once. This is likely a sign of better things to come for Daunte Culpepper, as he will likely improve this season.

At running back, the young Ronnie Brown leads the Dolphins. He, like Culpepper, is struggling some this season, averaging just over 3 yards per tocuh and only has 2 touchdowns. However, he is a good running back, strength is his speciaility and his techniques and fundamentals are very good.

Miami's WR's are likely their biggest threats, espically Chris Chambers. Chambers is always a very productive Wideout. He has a tremendous vetical leap, and has 153 recieiving yards thus far this season. His strength is getting vertical on the defense they say, but he can mix it up. He is a big threat with this Miami offense.

Marty Booker, another Miami Wideout can also paly to say the least, Booker is a veteran in theis leauge and runs his routes nicely, and is very good picking up yards after the catch.

Another thing to mention about Miami's offense is their TE, Randy McMicheal. McMicheal is a very solid NFL tight end. He usually does more receiving than blocking, which is becoming more typical in the NFL. His hands downfiled are certainly a threat.

Miami's o-line has not played great this season. Just ask Daunte Culpepper. He has been sacked 15 times already this season, which leads the NFL. The Dolphins have a young offensivle line and many of the guys are still learning.

Defensively, the are lead by known other than..Dom Capers. Capers will reutn to Reliant Stadium Sunday leading his defense with big names such as Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. Both made a Pro Bowl apperance in 2005. They do have some newer players though, but the Dolphins D is 9th in the NFL in yards allowed. That is impressive.

The part of the Miami D that may show some growing pains are the backfield with a combinations of first year Dolphins and young players. CB Will Allen comes to Miami after 5 seasons of good times and bad times with the Giants. He may not be that most aggresive tackler, but has speed and experience working for him with pass coverage.

The other corner, former LSU standout, Travis Daniels. Daniels, unlike Allen, displays excellent tackling, espically against the opposing run game, but they say he lacks a little bit is speed, as he has such a big frame.

Another Corner to mention is former Lion, Andre Goodman. He is getting playing time with the Miami Dolphins. In terms of the Dolphins starting safeties, Taveras Tillman and Renaldo Hill are the names back their. Both are solid, but not superstars. They certainly give alot of effort, but obviously sometimes will be beaten by the opposition down field.

This should be a good game Sunday with our Texans hosting the Dolphins, and i look foward to it. I think our Texans can have alot of success against a Dolphins team carrying in some momentum coming off a win. Miami also certainly has alot of talent, and this will be a challenge. My ''Keys to Beating Miami'' will be posted Thursday as usual.

Last edited by TexansAllTheWayBaby; 09-27-2006 at 04:27 PM.
TexansAllTheWayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #2
kocian1
Rookie

Default Re: Preview of the Miami Dophins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby View Post
Our Houston Texans will battle the Miami Dolphins this upcoming Sunday, in our house, Reliant Stadium. Both teams are have struggled some this year, but both also look to smooth out the bump in the road and get things going.

The following is a preview I have put together of the Miami Dolphins. My 'Keys To Beating Miami' will be posted tomorrow (Thursday) as usual.

Miami's offensive, lead by new offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, is said to be the type of offense that strong, power running game. Once they establish this, they try to get some passes downfield off of the play-action.

Daunte Culpepper is obviously a very big name with the Miami Dophins this season, as he is to lead the offense at the Quarterback position. In 2004, Culpepper put up very impressive number, only Peyton Manning's were better. Culpepper had a bad year last season with the Minnesota Vikings, by throwing 8 interceptions in the first two games, and having an ACL injury devastate the remainder of his season. Not to mention that little boat party.

This year, Culpepper has 1 TD pass and 3 INTs. Not great numbers at all as he is struggling with his new team in Miami this year. He could just me adjusting to a new offense, in which case he will certainly improve. Last week versus the Titans, Culpepper completed 65% of his pases and was not picked off once. This is likely a sign of better things to come for Daunte Culpepper, as he will likely improve this season.

At running back, the young Ronnie Brown leads the Dolphins. He, like Culpepper, is struggling some this season, averaging just over 3 yards per tocuh and only has 2 touchdowns. However, he is a good running back, strength is his speciaility and his techniques and fundamentals are very good.

Miami's WR's are likely their biggest threats, espically Chris Chambers. Chambers is always a very productive Wideout. He has a tremendous vetical leap,
Culpepper has the skills, but I think this game he doesn't have a chance. He's still learning their offence. Hope he doesn't figure it out by sunday. I still think Texans win this one 34-10. Our recievers are just as skilled as they are when they get the ball.
kocian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #3
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocian1 View Post
Culpepper has the skills
2005 and 2006 say otherwise.

Dolphins will probably beat us anyway.

The defense has really dropped off from last year for Miami. I bet they just looooove Capers so far.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #4
kocian1
Rookie

Default Re: Preview of the Miami Dolphins

Culpepper just doen't have his legs anymore. He's like the rest of these QBs with a bulls eye on them in the pocket. Any team with Capers on thier staff is just asking for trouble. I think that our boys will have a little chip on their shoulder and give Capers the propper send off.
Old 09-27-2006   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I don't think Culpepper will get fully on track this season. If his leg progresses in the offseason, then he will likely have a much more productive 2007.

A lot of people do not realize this, but Daunte was hurt in the 1st quarter of the 1st game against Tampa last year (but continued to play until he tore his ACL). He never was the same after that.
Old 09-27-2006   #6
kocian1
Rookie

I don't think he'll admit it, but he's hurt now.
Old 09-27-2006   #7
T-ROCKô
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to T-ROCKô

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocian1 View Post
Culpepper has the skills, but I think this game he doesn't have a chance. He's still learning their offence. Hope he doesn't figure it out by sunday. I still think Texans win this one 34-10. Our recievers are just as skilled as they are when they get the ball.
34-10???

You have THE worst Defense in the NFL...

I don't see you holding ANYONE to 10 points...

The running game should keep our WRs from getting big numbers...
T-ROCKô is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2006   #8
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-ROCKô View Post
34-10???

You have THE worst Defense in the NFL...

I don't see you holding ANYONE to 10 points...

The running game should keep our WRs from getting big numbers...
Sad but true. It'd take nothing short of a miracle for our D to hold someone to 10 points. That high octane offense in Washington put up 31 on us.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #9
doughboy
Veteran

Quote:

Last week versus the Titans, Culpepper completed 65% of his pases and was not picked off once. This is likely a sign of better things to come for Daunte Culpepper, as he will likely improve this season.

You didnt watch that game did you, he played horrible just blitz and you guys should be fine.
Old 09-27-2006   #10
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

If your eddie's #1 fan, you are a good person, thanks for the support, my friend invited me to see that game.....in whoppin suite!

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #11
T-ROCKô
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tweety View Post
You didnt watch that game did you, he played horrible just blitz and you guys should be fine.
The O-line played horrible, not Culpepper... And in playing horrible we still won because your QB played, well, like he always has...

We need to establish the running game and stay out of 3rd and long obvious passing situations to be effective... But even given that we only went 3 and out on 3 of 11 drives... So the sacks didn't have the huge impact you'd like to think they did...

As I said, if we are able to run the ball, which everyone has done against Houston, we can do just that...
Old 09-27-2006   #12
T-ROCKô
Rookie

As for Carr, he's finally getting some time to throw so he's not getting killed back there...
Old 09-27-2006   #13
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Quote:
My ''Keys to Beating Miami'' will be posted Thursday as usual.
Keys very simple...get more than a couple 3 and outs. We need stops on 3rd downs!
Old 09-27-2006   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

When I first saw our schedule, I immedatly started thinking about the running backs we would see with our rebuilding 4-3. Ouch. By the grace of God, GrandMama, had a busted wing. Betts didn't. Ronnie Brown is healthy, young and an Elite NFL back. Unless we have a miricle with our DTs, or Miami's o-line catches the flu friday, Ronnie Brown will light us up.
Miami 47-Texans 23.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
When I first saw our schedule, I immedatly started thinking about the running backs we would see with our rebuilding 4-3. Ouch. By the grace of God, GrandMama, had a busted wing. Betts didn't. Ronnie Brown is healthy, young and an Elite NFL back. Unless we have a miricle with our DTs, or Miami's o-line catches the flu friday, Ronnie Brown will light us up.
Miami 47-Texans 23.
Our running game hasn't been bad it just hasn't been able to be used. If we can get more 3rd down stops on D and get our running game to move the chains we win.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

gotta say this isn't a very good breakdown of miami. you completely failed to mention wes welker, who is without a doubt our best receiver right now, followed by booker THEN chambers. mcmichael is disappointing again. and ronnie brown is a beast, he's not struggling at all, our o-line is horrible. culpepper has been sacked more than any other QB in the league, mostly due to the play of the line. and the line isn't really young at all. they're just big and slow and don't fit houck's system that well.

our secondary is atrocious, so expect carr to keep his #1 passer rating intact after this weekend. unless we get a good pass rush going, which is possible, but not on 3rd downs.
Quote:
well this is news to me.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read