Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2006   #1
Frills
Veteran

Default The hell with the Defense

Sign the recently cut Bradford.

3 WR set with AJ, Moulds, Bradford, Daniels at TE, and Dayne or Gado in the backfield.

Sling the ball all over the field and make the other team outscore you.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: The hell with the Defense

We don't need Badford.
Old 09-27-2006   #3
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

I guess Charles Rogers is out of the question . I would rather have CR than C.Bradford
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, let;s bring back Matt Stevens and Jamie Sharper while we're at it.

You guys are grasping at straws...straws that have someone else's slobber all over them.

I agree with the idea about the defense. We hired a very no-name, past-his-prime defensive coordinator. Seems to be a pattern.....
Old 09-27-2006   #5
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills View Post

3 WR set with AJ, Moulds, Bradford, Daniels at TE, and Dayne or Gado in the backfield.

We cut Bradford loose, another team cuts him and you want him back? I liked the guy as a person but do you really want him again? Moulds, Johnson & Walters + Putzier were supposed to be great... where are the tds? I'm not dissing them, just saying there is a mite more to it than just slinging into the air. I know you understand that and prob are just frustrated like the rest of us.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #6
cred
Rookie

That is a bad idea to bring back Bradford, and the reason is that is why I thought that we had gotten Kevin Walter from the Bengals.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

James Allen and Jabar Gaffney are out there while we are at it.

Old 09-27-2006   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
James Allen and Jabar Gaffney are out there while we are at it.

James Allen a.k.a. Mersilis the rapper. LOL.
Old 09-27-2006   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do you want to go backwards?

Oh, we already are going backwards...

Let me try again, do you want to go backwards even more?
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #10
kocian1
Rookie

Do the Texans even know what a blitz is? They should send Ryans and Greenwood up the gut, have the DE go wide and just BUM RUSH THE HELL OUT OF THEM once or twice a series. Maybe our DC should give a little talk to Mario about head hunting a QB. Thats what Buddy Ryans told Ray Childress. It worked for a while. Take a couple of penalties, who cares, as long as someone makes the QB remember the Texans.
kocian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #11
kocian1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Yeah, let;s bring back Matt Stevens and Jamie Sharper while we're at it.

You guys are grasping at straws...straws that have someone else's slobber all over them.

I agree with the idea about the defense. We hired a very no-name, past-his-prime defensive coordinator. Seems to be a pattern.....
Matt Stevens could probably do a better job than most of these DBs. I want to see Buchanan get his job back. Give him another chance. Couldn't hurt. Our guys just suck. Except Dunta Robinson.....that guy still has skills!!!!
Old 09-27-2006   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Corey who?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocian1 View Post
Matt Stevens could probably do a better job than most of these DBs. I want to see Buchanan get his job back. Give him another chance. Couldn't hurt. Our guys just suck. Except Dunta Robinson.....that guy still has skills!!!!
I don't know if you meant this to be funny but the part about Matt Stevens is kinda true.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocian1 View Post

You must not remember Stevens very well at all. The guy would trip over his tattoos when going for a "tackle". Has even gotten an Canadian League or AFL tryout?

I also think we should sign Stonehands, if we're trying to complete a 4x400 relay team - AJ, Mathis, Bradford, DRob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #15
kocian1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
You must not remember Stevens very well at all. The guy would trip over his tattoos when going for a "tackle". Has even gotten an Canadian League or AFL tryout?

I also think we should sign Stonehands, if we're trying to complete a 4x400 relay team - AJ, Mathis, Bradford, DRob.
I do remember Stevens. What I remember most was he wasn't afraid to hit someone. Those tatoos just gave him a little more POP. But your right they did weigh him down.
Old 09-27-2006   #16
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

when did Bradford get cut by the Lions then? From what I remember he payed against the Bears 2 weeks ago.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #17
kocian1
Rookie

At least we can say we will win a game next week!!!
Old 09-27-2006   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
when did Bradford get cut by the Lions then? From what I remember he payed against the Bears 2 weeks ago.
Today/lastnight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
The Detroit Lions cut wide receiver Corey Bradford on Wednesday and filled his spot on the roster with tackle Blaine Saipaia to help their banged-up offensive line.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2605171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #19
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Man, how bad did Carr have it with Bradford and Gaffney as his wide outs! I laughed when ESPN said Gaffney will help the Eagles passing offense.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #20
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Man, how bad did Carr have it with Bradford and Gaffney as his wide outs! I laughed when ESPN said Gaffney will help the Eagles passing offense.
In retrospect he really was pretty bad off. Two of his top 3 receiving options can't find a job.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read