Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bradford & Henson News

edo783

Hall of Fame
The Lions have cut Cory "Hands of Stone" Bradford and the Vikings have signed the best QB from NFLE, Drew Henson. Reported on PFT.

Most of my friends are Lions fans. I told them that it was a mistake for Detroit to sign Bradford. They all thought he just needed a change of scenery. HAHA

Boy, were they wrong.

He had a 2 million dollar contract .

He was playing one week then all of a sudden you never saw him again.
Strange.

So dear NFL, , Matt Milen is giving out free money now.

Strange.

Before anyone asks...

Not just no but H-E-double hockey sticks NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of my friends are Lions fans. I told them that it was a mistake for Detroit to sign Bradford. They all thought he just needed a change of scenery. HAHA

Boy, were they wrong.

Let me guess, they were Joey Harrington fans too?

Bradford got paid 1 million per catch : /

****ing Lions are retarded.

Did you expect anything different? It's funny though how many of our starters from a year ago either aren't starting anymore or don't even have jobs anymore; that should tell you something.

I was amaized that anyone signed him in the first place. It's not like there isn't a boatload of film on the dude to show he can't get it done and then to make him the #2....ah.....Brillant!

I was amaized that anyone signed him in the first place. It's not like there isn't a boatload of film on the dude to show he can't get it done and then to make him the #2....ah.....Brillant!

Our WR coach is your fomer WR coach..... You would think he would have some sort of clue right?

Apparently Mike Martz had a different opinion.

Boy, were they wrong.

I didn't realize Windsor was so close to Detroit until I looked a map. That is basically the Detroit burbs.

Strange.

"Bradford has been a spectacular bust for the Lions. The free agent signed a four-year, $7.4 million deal with the team in March and drew a $2 million signing bonus."

Det. News

:penalty: on Millen.

:coffee:

I didn't realize Windsor was so close to Detroit until I looked a map. That is basically the Detroit burbs.

Yeah, it would only take me 30 minutes to get to Detroit if not for the long line at the border... Which ends up making a trip about an hour and a half..

Let me guess, they were Joey Harrington fans too?

Bradford got paid 1 million per catch : /

****ing Lions are retarded.

They were about half and half on Harrington. I don't think he is that bad, its basically the same situation as we had here the past few years. Couldn't get any Pass protection for him, but he would always try and make the play and cost the team.

They were about half and half on Harrington. I don't think he is that bad, its basically the same situation as we had here the past few years. Couldn't get any Pass protection for him, but he would always try and make the play and cost the team.[/QUOTE]

No, Harrington never tried to make any plays.

They were about half and half on Harrington. I don't think he is that bad, its basically the same situation as we had here the past few years. Couldn't get any Pass protection for him, but he would always try and make the play and cost the team.[/QUOTE]

No, Harrington never tried to make any plays.

Well.. when hes under pressure and throws it up even though you know it was a stupid choice, he's doing that to try and make a play.

I have no idea what the Lions were thinking when they signed Corey Bradford. I would think that maybe they were trying to motivate one or more of their young guys by making him the #2 there but man, that's an expensive motivational technique! Maybe they could get Richard Smith to just send them some pictures of rocks or Jack Del Rio could loan them an axe and tree stump or something instead.

Corey Bradford can be an asset to your team. He's that #3-4 guy with speed who you do not give a starting job to. He burns (don't know how much longer he'll be able to do that though) down the field. If he's trying to prove that he's "starter-worthy" then he catches the ball a higher percentage of the time than if he's actually starting.

Basically he's an off the bench role player but you never depend on him.

See ya Kippy,

The interesting element of Bradford's signing and eventual release is the fact that Matt Millen pursued Bradford's services not once, but twice in free agency. It is apparent that Millen (and current WR's coach Kippy Brown who coached Bradford in Texas) saw something in Bradford that most other NFL personnel men didn't see in him to choose to pursue a player with such limited career production. The painful aspect of Bradford's release is that the Lion's will be paying him $3 Million for his 3 games (or his 3 catches!) with the team. Under the circumstances of the team's long-standing mismanagement, this should be cause for considerable criticism of Millen's judgment.

Link

A few people made the point about Phillip Buchannon. They even included newspaper articles.

We have made our mistakes as well.

Does Gaffney have a job?

Don't tell me two of our starting receivers from last year don't have jobs.

Back