Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I heard an awesome quote:

I think I was watching MNF and someone said this quote. It was awesome, and it made me realize what is wrong with the Texans. So lets discuss it:

"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

I think that about sums up our team pretty amazing. We have a lot of talent on this team. But its raw, and it needs practice. It needs coaching. And so far it hasn't gotten any of that. Our team is a bunch of amateurs. Thats why it looks like we're a college team playing pros.

We have brief moments of beauty. We practice and practice, and often get it right. But the other team has gotten to a point where they don't get it wrong. Hence the ugly.
Old 09-27-2006   #2
srstex
Veteran

Default Re: I heard an awesome quote:

The quote comes from John Madden in his Oakland coaching days.
Old 09-27-2006   #3
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex View Post
The quote comes from John Madden in his Oakland coaching days.
It's now a beer commercial...
Old 09-27-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
It's now a beer commercial...
And I keep practising my beer. Must be a pro, cause I can't get it wrong!

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read