Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-27-2006   #1
phan1
All Pro

Default Looking at other defenses around the league...

We have 3 first round picks on that Dline and our Dline sucks. But let's take a look at other dissappointments/surprises around the league:

Dissappointments:

NY Giants: They're supposed to have 2 probowlers on that line? You could have fooled me, cause that Dline isn't doing much. I've caught a couple games, and their Dline is not playing up to par.

Carolina: Aren't they supposed to have the best Dline in football? Well Atlanta gashed them on the run, and they gave up 21 pts to the Simm's Bucs.

Surprises:

Minnesotta: i can't name a single damn player on that defense. All I know is that they're pretty good, finally shutting down Grossman's mean streak.

St Louis: Again, I can hardly name anyone that hasn't moved on since their super-bowl run, but they're good for some reason.

So after seeing this, I'm really at a loss on what the Texans need to do to fix their defense. Any clue what the heck we're doing here?
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking at other defenses around the league...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
We have 3 first round picks on that Dline and our Dline sucks. But let's take a look at other dissappointments/surprises around the league:

Dissappointments:

NY Giants: They're supposed to have 2 probowlers on that line? You could have fooled me, cause that Dline isn't doing much. I've caught a couple games, and their Dline is not playing up to par.

Carolina: Aren't they supposed to have the best Dline in football? Well Atlanta gashed them on the run, and they gave up 21 pts to the Simm's Bucs.

Surprises:

Minnesotta: i can't name a single damn player on that defense. All I know is that they're pretty good, finally shutting down Grossman's mean streak.

St Louis: Again, I can hardly name anyone that hasn't moved on since their super-bowl run, but they're good for some reason.

So after seeing this, I'm really at a loss on what the Texans need to do to fix their defense. Any clue what the heck we're doing here?
dont know st louis' line except for leonard little.....

but minnesota has 1st rounders..kenechi udeze, erasmus james, kevin williams on the line as well as pat williams- i expected their d-line to be dominant- like ours (sob)....agreed about the giants and carolina though....throw the bucs in there also
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

did anyone notice that Minnesota also did not record a sack against Washington??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

it was carolina's d-line that destroyed chris simms' spleen.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

behind a non-stellar o-line.... i saw their game v the falcs and there was 0 pass rush
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

they're better now than then. kris jenkins is much healthier, which is all that matters. best DT in the game, he changes the game when he's healthy.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #7
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the Giants have a new D-Co so thats a start. He's taking the blame for thier bad playing, saying that he isn't calling the right plays. Well that does play a part in it, as we can attest to bad D play calling in the past here. Still , the 2 ends they have should be able to compansate for that bad play calling...
I thnk alot has to do with the fact that those 2 teams were listed as NFC championship teams, and it might have gotten to thier heads some thinking they would walk over thier foes...nothing worse that listening to the critics and writers and believing half of what they say.. Still too early to tell on those 2 teams, but I believe they both will still make it to the playoffs.

As for the Texans probs....that is one for the ages..too many holes to pinpoint the problem, 1 besets the other. They are our team for better or worse, lets just hope the better comes soon..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read