Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-26-2006   #1
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Terrell Owens taken to the hospital

for undisclosed reasons according to ESPN.

Update from PFT...

POSTED 12:25 a.m. EDT, September 2006

T.O. UPDATE

More information is coming out regarding the current status of Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens. ESPN is now airing basic information regarding a report out of Texas that Owens has been hospitalized for undisclosed reasons.

Here's another link regarding the situation. He might have had an adverse reaction to medication that he is taking following last week's surgery.

Again, there's no formal confirmation of any of this.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Last edited by STEEL BLUE TEXANS; 09-26-2006 at 11:26 PM.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Terrell Owens taken to the hospital

Confirmed by ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395
Taken to the hospital to induce vomiting in a "high profile case"

So either he was poisoned, poisoned himself, or tried to committ suuicide
Old 09-26-2006   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Wow, this is going to get crazy...
Old 09-26-2006   #4
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

holy freakin cow...

maybe the pressure got to him

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #5
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he just likes the attention.
Old 09-27-2006   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Adverse reaction to pain killers.
Old 09-27-2006   #7
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Adverse reaction to pain killers.
Thats what I was thinking, but I wonder how much he took, he had the surgery a week ago so he had to have been on them for a while now.
Old 09-27-2006   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he might have been watching advance film of the Texans secondary.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

1310am, throught Channel 8, is reporting that the police reports states it was an attempted suicide. Thats all they have said for now.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
1310am, throught Channel 8, is reporting that the police reports states it was an attempted suicide. Thats all they have said for now.
Somhow, I doubt that. He loves himself to much, but anything is possible I guess.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #11
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

According to a Dallas police report obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night. The report says Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. A woman companion states that she observed him putting two pills in his mouth. According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills. The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....1fd220c5.html
Old 09-27-2006   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I thought he might have been watching advance film of the Texans secondary.
That should have made him happy not jump off a ledge.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Somhow, I doubt that. He loves himself to much, but anything is possible I guess.
he's manic and bipolar i imagine. he said he was extremely depressed before popping THIRTY pills in his mouth. it was all a facade.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sheesh, I called this one.

Here's what I think:
Terrell Owens has real, psychological issues. This is not something to laugh at, or poke fun at him for. I seriously think that this "diva" behavior has gone straight to his head. I think he puts on an incredible act in the spotlight while maintaining a high level of insecurity, depression, and anxiety in his personal life.

Was this a real suicide attempt or a cry for attention? Really, with someone like Owens, it could have been either. The sad thing is this will just get him brighter in the spotlight and cause him even more personal trouble than he originally had. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries it again
Old 09-27-2006   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Now he'll play the sad clown on tv. Are you ready for tonght's sportscenter?
Old 09-27-2006   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I don't know how you could blame him really.

If it finally sunk in that the only team in the league that would allow him to play was the Cowboys, I could see why he'd be depressed.

That was for those of you who are bit slow this this morning.

Last edited by Marcus; 09-27-2006 at 09:14 AM. Reason: to point out what should be obvious sarcasm
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #17
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the police report.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0927061owens1.html
Chicagotexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is true then you can be sure his season is over.

I hope its not true, it would be ashame. I like Owens. I was hoping the Texans would have taken a stab at him.

Wish him the best.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #19
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

My take is that if ya want to do it...DO IT !! Good bye. I feel no pain for anyone who wants to end thier life. Other than losing ones child, there is nothing that could be so bad to want to end your own life.

Dude, ya wanna do it, come to my place, I have a few ways for you to do it.

Go ahead people, flame me if ya want, but it is what it is...you really want to kill yourself and let your family and friends deal with your loss, selfish on your half to want them to go thru the pain...then just do it so they can get on with thier lives.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006   #20
Chicagotexan1
Hall of Fame

Location: In a van down by the river next to another van down by the river
Rep Power: 52 Chicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respectedChicagotexan1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I was hoping the Texans would have taken a stab at him.

Wish him the best.
Don't give him any more bright ideas. On second thought...

I don't like the ahole. Karma is sometimes beautiful, sometimes ugly.
Chicagotexan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read