Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2006   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eric Moulds Show

790am with CP from Sam's boat.....in the 7 o'clock hour

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eric Moulds Show

sams boat
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #3
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Thanks for the reminder.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #4
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

And he said?
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #5
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
And he said?
What you would expect him to say. I didn't catch all of it, but what I heard was things like. "As a receiver of course you want to see more passes, but the coaching staff believes in getting the running game going and we do gotta do a better job at that." "I wasn't involved in any personnel decisions, but they're based on what the coach thinks will help the team the most all we can do is try to help the guys that are coming in." He then answered a question about why he chose to come to Houston. I guess someone else can elaborate, but those are just some of the things that I picked up.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak was very emotional after the game. "Almost crying" Talking about how much our community deserves to win.

Told guys to go home to be with their families and to come back fresh on Monday.
Old 09-26-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Kubiak was very emotional after the game. "Almost crying" Talking about how much our community deserves to win.
Kubiak Cares.

Capers?
Old 09-26-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
Kubiak Cares.

Capers?
That look,^^^^ to the one I have for my Avatar..................
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
That look,^^^^ to the one I have for my Avatar..................
Gee, I don't see any difference.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
DEJAVU!

Dom Capers bad spirit is trapped in kubiak's body and is now still obsessed with the running game......(j/k)!!!

Well it is a true statement.. it was true when Capers said it too.. he just couldnt do it.

Honestly id be disappointed if we hired the offensive coordinator that was in charge of the most prolific running game in the last decade..and he WASNT focused on creating that same success here.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

If we wanted to be like the colts then we should have hired Martz or the colts OC as our HC.
Old 09-26-2006   #12
Rightnow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Told guys to go home to be with their families and to come back fresh on Monday.
Moulds said Kubiak was on the verge of tears?

I agree that the community deserves a win, but I am a bit concerned the guy is tearing up. This could work out, but then again it might go badly. When a man in a leadership position cries before his subordinates it only goes one of two ways, either he gains respect because the subordinates see the passion, or he loses respect because the men see him as weak.

Now I really hope we beat Miami this Sunday or Gary may lose the team for the year.
Old 09-26-2006   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

It works for Vermeil
Old 09-26-2006   #14
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
It works for Vermeil
My thoughts exactly. People read way too much into Kubiak's maneurisms, much as they did with Capers. Because he sounds depressed in his press conference he isn't confident anymore. Because he got emotional after a bad loss and poor showing in front of a home crowd he isn't displaying the signs of a great leader. That kinda stuff irks me because I think people try to imply that these little ticky tack things are part of the reason why we're losing. It all hinges on success on the field folks, what expression Kubiak wears on the sidelines has no bearing on how we'll do in the game. Success or failure does not teeter on Kubiak's demeanor.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #15
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Kubiak, you gotta learn to handle it.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
If we wanted to be like the colts then we should have hired Martz or the colts OC as our HC.
We could have hired Satan Manning as our HC?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #17
wrestler4life
Veteran

To me, crying is not showing weakness. He was showing how much he cares for his team.
Now, if he asks for a group hug......????????
Old 09-26-2006   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he's crying because he knows this is his shot at being a HC, and he thinks he's blowing it
Old 09-26-2006   #19
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

There's no crying in Football!

I had too, it doesn't bother me one bit, but if it becomes a habit it may...will check in after next week to see what happens, but this week is a must win. We need some damn fire, keep rolling no matter what setbacks we have. Never quit, never give up and dammit lets make some adjustments...be pro-active not re-active.
Old 09-26-2006   #20
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I wish us well, but its stubborness that seems to be the problem again. We are not a RUNNING TEAM. We do not have the personnel to be a RUNNING TEAM. We have great receivers. USE THEM! So what if its not what everyone else does. USE THEM! I keep saying that's what the 49ers with Walsh and Montana did. Then when they ran the ball they were effective. The passing game set up the running game. Of course that's opposite the norm, but does it really matter.

You see the same thing on the defensive side of the ball. You have to challenge with the blitz and hope they make a mistake because of it. Again, stubborness we need to have the front 4 develop a pass rush. Well, that is BS because we aren't getting it done and we are being eaten alive by long drives we can't stop. 3rd downs have been a nightmare for us.

When Kubiak came here he said all the right things. He said he would do what his players do best. I believed him. His real problem is he simply won't gamble with the truth. The truth is this team does not have the personnel to do it the way he wants to do it. Capers had the very same problem. They wanted to go out and RUN RUN RUN the ball, but they never went out and got solid running backs. They go out and get passing QB's, new excellent TE's and WR's. Now why you do that if you want to run the ball is beyond me.

However, you have some of the best receivers in the NFL so why try to be what you are not. USE THEM! USE THEM! Make the other team sweat. I don't know of any other way to put it.

I still think Kubiak has an excellent mind but he is letting the pressure get to him rather than relaxing and saying you know I do have a lot of talent on this team, but I have to be a flexible coach. A smart coach who should some day be in the hall of fame. All the great coaches adapt to their players rather than having the players adapt to them. That is one of the hall marks of the great coaches. Winning transends their EGO's.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read