Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-26-2006   #1
Frills
Veteran

Default Bush Showed a ton

2 Attempts from inside the 2...Good thing they didn't need a TD.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: Bush Showed a ton

He or Mario have not really shown to have been deserving of the #1 pick.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #3
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Deuce was clearly the better option on that series of plays, and I saw Payton calling Deuce back to the sidelines after the first failed attempt. My guess is he was hoping to get Bush his first TD in the spotlight and probably would have taken him out if they didn't have a 17 point lead with the Falcons playing so bad on offense.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Deuce definitely would have gotten in. I guess in the end it didn't really matter though. I also noticed Bush was too busy pouting and almost didn't get off the field fast enough for the field goal.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #5
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Reggie Bush did fine.. Anytime you ammass a total of 73 yards while being a backup is impressive by itself. Especially considering it's his third game of action, against a Falcon front-seven triple the talent of any opponent he played his junior season. Do you honestly expect the guy to gain over 100 yards while being paired with another perrenial running back like Deuce McAllister?

I know you guys have heard it over and over from ESPN, but the mistake was huge. Reggie Bush single handedly ignited a city and organization together with enthusiasm. The situation Reggie was thrown into (playing alongside Deuce) couldn't have been more perfect for his development. While on the other hand, you shouldn't expect much from a first year DE in a 4-3, double covered each play.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

problem is the MW isn't doubled on every play IMO..

he is learning the hard way..

I guess the good thing is that he came out as a junior
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #7
TNTitan
Veteran

plus reggie was getting doubled when he went to wide out. How the Saints got many of their big plays last night
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2006   #8
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills View Post
2 Attempts from inside the 2...Good thing they didn't need a TD.
And every good running back ALWAYS punches it in from inside the 2. I mean I can't recall a time when Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, or Barry Sanders didn't get stuffed on the 2 yard line!

Old 09-26-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

He's showed a lot more than Mario has thus far though. Early analysis goes like this.

Saints:
Texans:

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #10
TNTitan
Veteran

Quote:
Lesson 4: Know when you are staring at a rare football player with leadership. Notice I didn't say rare athlete, because even though Reggie Bush is a great athlete, he is first a rare football player. For a kid born three years after Morten Andersen kicked his first NFL field goal in New Orleans, he has the shoulders to take on the responsibility great players must take on. It wasn't hype when he was described last spring as a once-in-a-decade player.
/Pat Kirwan
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
problem is the MW isn't doubled on every play IMO..

he is learning the hard way..

I guess the good thing is that he came out as a junior
Every play ? I see a few TEs getting there licks in on Mario. Sometimes solo. I'm not ready to declare Mario a bust. I am how ever disappointed in his overall lack of improvement in his technique. His hand play is just aweful. He has no punch at all at the snap. Mind goggeling. They have people fighting for the chance to block the guy he's so soft. The pillsbury dough boy has more pop in his game than Mario at this point. He's a big 295 pound pillow looking for a body to absorb. Just yery disappointing.

And you're paying the king of the swamp How much for those numbers ? lol. Suck-aaaaars. Bush has shown so far that 201 is still 201 in the nfl. He's not good enough yet to clean the toe jam outta of Eric Metcalf's toe nails. Much Less Gayle Sayers.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

very true
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #13
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I think some forget that the Saints have 3 pro bowlers on offense. Not saying that Bush has played poorly but he for sure hasn't done anything spectacular, and certainly nothing worth 50 million bucks.
Old 09-26-2006   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle View Post
I think some forget that the Saints have 3 pro bowlers on offense. Not saying that Bush has played poorly but he for sure hasn't done anything spectacular, and certainly nothing worth 50 million bucks.
What is Mario worth? Inquiring minds want to know.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #15
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post

Yeah, how much has Mario done to deserve his pay?
Old 09-26-2006   #16
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Bush looks like he will be a good RB. He also has the versatility to play WR, which is a big bonus, plus he's fun to watch. On the other hand, I don't see him as a once in a decade player. I thought Deuce was far more impressive as a runner last night, so I'm really not viewing our passing up Reggie as the colossal mistake the media is portraying it as. As has been proven over and over in the NFL, you don't need a top 5 pick to draft a great runner, so I'm looking for us to find ourselves a good runner next off-season. If Mario turns out to be a bust long-term then I'd obviously have wanted us to have gone in a different direction with that pick, but I'm not stuck on Reggie. I don't see him becoming as influential of a player as many others do.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83 View Post
Bush looks like he will be a good RB. He also has the versatility to play WR, which is a big bonus, plus he's fun to watch. On the other hand, I don't see him as a once in a decade player. I thought Deuce was far more impressive as a runner last night, so I'm really not viewing our passing up Reggie as the colossal mistake the media is portraying it as. As has been proven over and over in the NFL, you don't need a top 5 pick to draft a great runner, so I'm looking for us to find ourselves a good runner next off-season. If Mario turns out to be a bust long-term then I'd obviously have wanted us to have gone in a different direction with that pick, but I'm not stuck on Reggie. I don't see him becoming as influential of a player as many others do.
Duece was much more impressive as a runningback..... no doubt........ Colston much more impressive as a reciever..... but the defense was keying on Reggie?? Yeah right.

They didn't even consider JoeHorn out there.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #18
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post
Are you blind? Nobody here has said Mario is playing like the #1 pick. Sometimes I wonder if you guys even read posts or if you're just here to spew anti-playerX garbage in every thread you stumble in to.
Old 09-26-2006   #19
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Id rather of had D Brick, but with all the hype Bush has been a bust. I expected much more and considering we've lost by like 3 TDs a game and he cant get in the end zone, he would not have helped much here.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Id rather of had D Brick, but with all the hype Bush has been a bust. I expected much more and considering we've lost by like 3 TDs a game and he cant get in the end zone, he would not have helped much here.
from the two yard line wasn't it? He can't get into the endzone from the 2 yard line.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read