Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2006   #1
jmlockett
Rookie

Angry Attitude Concepts

I would like to say that I know not everyone on here is going like what I am about to discuss. I personally don't care.

I am so upset that our team is performing the way that they are. I watch the games on my dvr and cant even get through them because it's so bad. I could research and throw stats on here and say that we will get better. Although I hope we do, I dont see it happening because there is no proof it will. I hope that a wake up call from the fans to the team might work. I can recall a time when we had a attitude concept coach come in and work on our heads. I can honestly say that it has helped me alot.

I want to point out that I know rome wasn't built in a day. If given the chance to talk to the players, I would probably say:

What has gotten into you! You guys are acting like a bunch of washed up pouting babys! I Hear you all saying we need to do this for Coach. We need to play better!

What about yourselves. What about the pride that you should have for being on this team! My deceased grandma would play better then you! You guys dont want it or if you do you dont act like it (chair gets thrown across room)

Wake Up!!!! You guys need to get things going and start to realize that the FANS that pays your bills aren't going to be there forever!!! Did it feel good getting boooed in your own stadium? Losers make excuses and winners WIN! All I hear is excuses and don't see much winning!!!!! So does that make you guys losers?

You could be one of the top teams!! DO You want it?
Can YOU taste it?
Then prove it!!!!!

No more excuses. Get tough!!! Know that you have to prove to yourselves that you are a champion!

Look in the mirror every morning and say ten times "I am a Champion, I will Play and Practice like a CHAMPION" and "Excuses are for losers and Winners win I am a WINNER"

A Quote
"My instict is to win. To overcome obstacles. To Defeat my Enemy and move on without any hesitation at all" this is a quote from the governator about what was his driving force at winning.
jmlockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, now, come on. As long as they have excuses, they are not losers.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlockett View Post
I want to point out that I know rome wasn't built in a day. If given the chance to talk to the players, I would probably say:

What has gotten into you! You guys are acting like a bunch of washed up pouting babys! I Hear you all saying we need to do this for Coach. We need to play better!

What about yourselves. What about the pride that you should have for being on this team! My deceased grandma would play better then you! You guys dont want it or if you do you dont act like it (chair gets thrown across room)

Wake Up!!!! You guys need to get things going and start to realize that the FANS that pays your bills aren't going to be there forever!!! Did it feel good getting boooed in your own stadium? Losers make excuses and winners WIN! All I hear is excuses and don't see much winning!!!!! So does that make you guys losers?

You could be one of the top teams!! DO You want it?
Can YOU taste it?
Then prove it!!!!!

No more excuses. Get tough!!! Know that you have to prove to yourselves that you are a champion!

Look in the mirror every morning and say ten times "I am a Champion, I will Play and Practice like a CHAMPION" and "Excuses are for losers and Winners win I am a WINNER"

A Quote
"My instict is to win. To overcome obstacles. To Defeat my Enemy and move on without any hesitation at all" this is a quote from the governator about what was his driving force at winning.
I am sure that if you said those things to the players it would make a big difference. not.

As much as it pains the fans to see it, it makes the players even unhappier. At the end of the game, you can hang up your Texans gear, and nobody identifies you as a Texans fan. The players go about their days as "that Texans football player." Don't you think they would rather be winning?

Everybody wants to pick on this player or that player, but the fact is that in a team game, they all have to play better at the same time. A play here or there can make the difference between a win and loss, a game and a blowout.

We can hope that everything just involves fixable mental errors and not physical deficits. Kubiak has said that much, but just because he said it, doesn't make it true.
Old 09-26-2006   #4
joshri
Rookie

Its almost like the Draft is our Super Bowl. It gets rather annoying year after year. Especially when we are equally inept at the Draft as we are at playing...
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlockett View Post
It could be worse.
They could be living in a van down by the river.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
It could be worse.
And what's wrong with that? It makes it real easy to fish out the back door. Mmmmm, cat fish.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #7
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
It could be worse.
Dang it, now I have to clean coffee off of my monitor. That was a good one.
Old 09-26-2006   #8
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I am sure that if you said those things to the players it would make a big difference. not.

As much as it pains the fans to see it, it makes the players even unhappier. At the end of the game, you can hang up your Texans gear, and nobody identifies you as a Texans fan. The players go about their days as "that Texans football player." Don't you think they would rather be winning?

Everybody wants to pick on this player or that player, but the fact is that in a team game, they all have to play better at the same time. A play here or there can make the difference between a win and loss, a game and a blowout.

We can hope that everything just involves fixable mental errors and not physical deficits. Kubiak has said that much, but just because he said it, doesn't make it true.
amen, kubiak sure is pushing the mental errors agenda, and pointing fingers, but he seems afraid to point the finger at the guy calling the plays on defense when we are trying to stop a 3rd and 12 or 3rd and 21. you dont put your young rookies in 1 on 1 situations that mean the difference between getting the ball back and giving up a touchdown. and you dont put yourself in a soft cover 2 with the middle wide open when your going up against one of the better running backs in the game. this year is going to make me hate the texans as an orginization. richard smith is our problem, and I hope mcnair steps in and fixes it before its too late and some very good rookie defensive prospects are ruined because the coach doesnt have the balls to call out the DC.
Old 09-26-2006   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I realize fans are frustrated, but honestly, does anyone here really think the team doesn't see that? Really?
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #10
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I realize fans are frustrated, but honestly, does anyone here really think the team doesn't see that? Really?
I don't think it's a question of who sees it, rather it's coaches or players...

It's a question of what the heck or they gonna do about it...
Old 09-26-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
And what's wrong with that? It makes it real easy to fish out the back door. Mmmmm, cat fish.
How about a three-eyed fish?
Old 09-26-2006   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
I don't think it's a question of who sees it, rather it's coaches or players...

It's a question of what the heck or they gonna do about it...
The only thing they can do is keep practicing, keep playing hard, trim the fat, and keep building the team. Unfortunately, for a team like this, most of the positive progress will be done off the field for the first couple of years. There are players here that don't fit into what Kubiak wants to do, there are players that just can't do what he wants, and there are probably some players that just have a defeatist attitude after four years of being a Texan. All that has to go before this team gets turned around. Take a look at how the Bengals went about rebuilding for a realistic scenario. Marvin Lewis took a couple years to really turn that team around. I believe last year was their first winning season in a long time (the year before they went 8-8).

Anyway, the fans booing, writing letters to the team, calling into radio stations .... there is a point of diminishing returns. The team cannot focus on placating the fans - it has to focus on building this team to win. That will placate the fans.
Old 09-26-2006   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The only thing they can do is keep practicing, keep playing hard, trim the fat, and keep building the team. Unfortunately, for a team like this, most of the positive progress will be done off the field for the first couple of years. There are players here that don't fit into what Kubiak wants to do, there are players that just can't do what he wants, and there are probably some players that just have a defeatist attitude after four years of being a Texan. All that has to go before this team gets turned around. Take a look at how the Bengals went about rebuilding for a realistic scenario. Marvin Lewis took a couple years to really turn that team around. I believe last year was their first winning season in a long time (the year before they went 8-8).

Anyway, the fans booing, writing letters to the team, calling into radio stations .... there is a point of diminishing returns. The team cannot focus on placating the fans - it has to focus on building this team to win. That will placate the fans.

I write postcards to the team. Only encouraging things. I know they get them and appreciate it because I've been told.
Old 09-26-2006   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if you want to cut to the chase and talk about something that nobody wants to talk about then let's do it.

The Houston Texans are a very, very bad football team.

This isn't about attitude.
This isn't about scheme.
This isn't about coaching.
This isn't about playcalling.

Go ahead and keep deluding yourselves that all it is . . is one of the above, and all they need to do is 'fix' that, and all of a sudden, they will start winning.

Sorry . . that's not going to happen.

What it IS . . is sheer lack of talent
What it IS . . is a gross misevaluation of talent

What really kills me is reading these posts saying, "I can't understand why such a talented group is playing so bad. It's got to be the scheme, or the attitude, or the playcalling, or the coaching." You just want it to be one of those four things because if it is, then all that's needed is the "quick-fix", and then WALAHH! Instant winning football team.

Some of you need to come to terms with the fact that the Texans are bad football team, and they will be a bad football team the rest of this season.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I write postcards to the team. Only encouraging things. I know they get them and appreciate it because I've been told.
Kudos! I was referring to the negativity upon which some fans seem to dwell, of course, but it's good that some fans do things like this as well.
Old 09-26-2006   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It's doubly hard to field good talent when "who you played for before" trumps "what you can do on the field".
Old 09-26-2006   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Well, if you want to cut to the chase and talk about something that nobody wants to talk about then let's do it.

This isn't about scheme.

Go ahead and keep deluding yourselves that all it is . . is one of the above, and all they need to do is 'fix' that, and all of a sudden, they will start winning.

What really kills me is reading these posts saying, "I can't understand why such a talented group is playing so bad. It's got to be the scheme, or the attitude, or the playcalling, or the coaching." You just want it to be one of those four things because if it is, then all that's needed is the "quick-fix", and then WALAHH! Instant winning football team.

Some of you need to come to terms with the fact that the Texans are bad football team, and they will be a bad football team the rest of this season.

I agree with your overriding sentiment. This team is just plain bad and that will take a couple years to fix. However, regarding the talent issue, we have three first round picks on that defensive line. One of those probably would have been a second rounder if it weren't for Capers/Casserly, but the point still holds. Greenwood produced well in Miami. We overpaid for him, but he showed that he could play before coming to the Texans. Dunta Robinson was a first round pick. He seems to play worse each year he progresses on this team. All of these players were evaluated by other teams to be similarly placed in the draft. Mario would have been taken at #2 most likely, if we didn't take him, TJ would have been taken in the first round, and Babin probably would have been taken anywhere from 5-20 picks later, if we hadn't traded up. Weaver was a high second round draft pick, I believe, and played well in Baltimore. So other teams are seeing the same talent level coming out of college. So there's at least a little something extra going on besides a clear-cut lack of talent issue. We definitely have a lack of talent in many areas - CB, safety, and offensive line come to mind - but that doesn't rightly explain the play we've seen to this point.
Old 09-26-2006   #18
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This isn't about scheme.

I don't know what rep points are (not even sure if I care to know either) but you hit it on the button. Denial, it's more than just a river in Egypt. The sins of the former regime will continue to haunt this franchise for at least another 2-3 years more. But as ususal, some of the fans that are outspoken and seeing things for what they are are considered non-Texan fans and so on and forth. But the "faithful, true, die-hard Texan fan" took CC at his word for every personnel decision he ever made. Honestly, if I were Bob McNair i'd look into theft charges against CC for his questionable at best talent evaluation. I'm right in line with your thoughts, sir. Bravo!!!!! Very well put.
Old 09-26-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Marcus again."

Well said, man. The bottom line is that we're a bad - really bad - football team, and fixing the many problems will take years.

There will be no instant gratification for this team and it's remaining fans.
Old 09-26-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard someone say on the radio that if we only win 2 games this year we have to be 10-6 for like a decade to be a .500 franchise. haven't done the math myself though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read