Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2006   #1
Barkley

Default Disgusting....

I am one of the most negative people on this board. That said, I think it is time for everyone to come to the realization that this team is TERRIBLE (if you already haven't). At this point, all of our crying and moaning is not going to help, so lets support these guys. I think Mario may be bust as well. I don't know what else I can say except, I like Kubiak and I think it is going to take 2 years for us to be competetive. Let's stop crying (GOD know I am the worst) and just move on. In fact, I think we can get Adrian Peterson in the next draft, who IMO will be much better than Bush.
Old 09-26-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did we need an entirely new thread for this?

(Yes I realize I spam about 100 threads a day) <insert pot calling kettle emoticon>
Old 09-26-2006   #3
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Good Post never tought of that spin Adrian Peterson Hell we dont need playmakers hopefully we will draft a A Combine Superstar.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
I am one of the most negative people on this board. That said, I think it is time for everyone to come to the realization that this team is TERRIBLE (if you already haven't). At this point, all of our crying and moaning is not going to help, so lets support these guys. I think Mario may be bust as well. I don't know what else I can say except, I like Kubiak and I think it is going to take 2 years for us to be competetive. Let's stop crying (GOD know I am the worst) and just move on. In fact, I think we can get Adrian Peterson in the next draft, who IMO will be much better than Bush.
are you out of your mind?? Reggie Bush is once in a lifetime....... what's better than once in a lifetime?? Surely you can't be upset that we passed on a once in a lifetime talent that you don't believe is once in a lifetime..... Unless you think Adrian Peterson is the twice in the lifetime RB.......

but this is what I'm thinking..... Mario may be a bust...... so, let's go ahead and look for another DE to take with the #1 pick then we can move Mario to Tackle with Tj....... our other #1 pick. Then we'll have 4 #1 picks on the DLine...... the '07#1 overall.... Mario....TJ..... & Babin.... We've already got Dunta...... another 1st round pick on this talentless team..... by 2013, we can have 11 first rounders on defense.......

we'll we can probably parlay a couple of future seconds and what not(Morlon GreenWood) into an extra 1st round pick or two, and it won't take so long.

McNair's so stupid, he probably didn't even think of that.

I wonder who's coming out of NC State this year.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL.....I undersatnd your furstration becuase I am mad too. All we can do is look forward
Do you have any idea what I'm frustrated with??

LOL.....

Old 09-26-2006   #6
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Barkley you cant be telling it like it is man some of these homers will have you Ridin the Pine. but seriously put some spin on your post you cant be posting the same stuff every thread.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
are you out of your mind?? Reggie Bush is once in a lifetime....... what's better than once in a lifetime?? Surely you can't be upset that we passed on a once in a lifetime talent that you don't believe is once in a lifetime..... Unless you think Adrian Peterson is the twice in the lifetime RB.......

but this is what I'm thinking..... Mario may be a bust...... so, let's go ahead and look for another DE to take with the #1 pick then we can move Mario to Tackle with Tj....... our other #1 pick. Then we'll have 4 #1 picks on the DLine...... the '07#1 overall.... Mario....TJ..... & Babin.... We've already got Dunta...... another 1st round pick on this talentless team..... by 2013, we can have 11 first rounders on defense.......

we'll we can probably parlay a couple of future seconds and what not(Morlon GreenWood) into an extra 1st round pick or two, and it won't take so long.

Your once in a lifetime back hasn't exactly torn the league up yet. Saw him get stoned on another off tackle play tonight. Seems to be a reoccurring theme with the king of the swamp. How many TDs so far for 53 million ?

As far as I'm concerned the first thng that needs to be addressed on the first day of the draft or their off season is a couple of large body defensive tackles that can keep Demeeeeeeco in the game. The Washington center Rabach, owned him. 235 MLB is still a 235 MLB. Better have some cover for the guy. Know what i mean by stoned ? Put the collar and leash on him and made him squeal like a pig. ITYS.

Mario is a college kid, who hasn't learned how to use his hands yet. Don't know how long it will take. But he'll get it.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2006   #8
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
better than bush?????? i havnt seen peterson play so i wouldn't have a clue
Old 09-26-2006   #9
touttail
All Pro

Quote:

NO Monday nights win
Bush 13-53 rushing
4-19 recieving

Definitely the greatest.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #10
joshri
Rookie

I don't know how anyone could argue that this team isn't disgusting. If Mario had even shown 1 thing so far I would give him a chance. He has been awful and has done absolutely nothing to this point. Its just ridiculous that in the time we have had this team here we haven't even had one good team. I am almost tempted to switch to the Saints having gone to school there.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Your once in a lifetime back hasn't exactly torn the league up yet. Saw him get stoned on another off tackle play tonight. Seems to be a reoccurring theme with the king of the swamp. How many TDs so far for 53 million ?

As far as I'm concerned the first thng that needs to be addressed on the first day of the draft or their off season is a couple of large body defensive tackles that can keep Demeeeeeeco in the game. The Washington center Rabach, owned him. 235 MLB is still a 235 MLB. Better have some cover for the guy. Know what i mean by stoned ? Put the collar and leash on him and made him squeal like a pig. ITYS.

Mario is a college kid, who hasn't learned how to use his hands yet. Don't know how long it will take. But he'll get it.
I was being Sarcastic...... I haven't fallin for the ESPN Hype.....
Old 09-26-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail View Post
NO Monday nights win
Bush 13-53 rushing
4-19 recieving

Definitely the greatest.

Bobby 119C
I was also being Sarcastic........ Mr.Barkley thinks Reggie is once in a lifetime. At the same time, he thinks AdrianPeterson is better.
Old 09-26-2006   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail View Post
NO Monday nights win
Bush 13-53 rushing
4-19 recieving

Definitely the greatest.

Bobby 119C
Quote:
I was being Sarcastic...... I haven't fallin for the ESPN Hype.....

Do You know what the difference between Reggie Bush, Mario Williams and any other first round draft pick???? Teams actually focus on Reggie Bush...Reggie Bush came into the leauge getting respect from defenses because of his speed and playmaking ability...Which turns into a 3-0 start....When someone makes a good play on Reggie Bush people get happy...Do you see how defenders celebrate after making a play on him ??? That's respect.....No opposing offense has ever given a hoot about Mario....And I'm not even saying Mario won't get to that point...Although it's not a given that he will....

But all I'm sayin is that you have to give credit where credit is due...He has made a huge impact for that team...in all kinds of ways...And I know you may truly feel RB is a horrible person and player...But don't deny the impact that he's had...
Old 09-26-2006   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was also being Sarcastic........ Mr.Barkley thinks Reggie is once in a lifetime. At the same time, he thinks AdrianPeterson is better.
Lifetimes must be getting a lot shorter nowadays.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Lifetimes must be getting a lot shorter nowadays.
Well, actually Bush is a once in HIS lifetime player.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #16
goodnews boy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Do You know what the difference between Reggie Bush, Mario Williams and any other first round draft pick???? Teams actually focus on Reggie Bush...Reggie Bush came into the leauge getting respect from defenses because of his speed and playmaking ability...Which turns into a 3-0 start....When someone makes a good play on Reggie Bush people get happy...Do you see how defenders celebrate after making a play on him ??? That's respect.....No opposing offense has ever given a hoot about Mario....And I'm not even saying Mario won't get to that point...Although it's not a given that he will....

But all I'm sayin is that you have to give credit where credit is due...He has made a huge impact for that team...in all kinds of ways...And I know you may truly feel RB is a horrible person and player...But don't deny the impact that he's had...
Bush has average stats so far this season. Deuce has more rushing yards then the great reggie does. The Saints are 3-0 because they are a good team not because bush has made super human plays. Their defense is strong and offence is manageable. I think if Mario was there, he would look better then he does now.
goodnews boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews boy View Post
Bush has average stats so far this season. Deuce has more rushing yards then the great reggie does. The Saints are 3-0 because they are a good team not because bush has made super human plays. Their defense is strong and offence is manageable. I think if Mario was there, he would look better then he does now.
Stats aside...Just based on an impact standpoint...Reggie has done more than Mario....And we could debate whether Mario would "look" better somewhere else all day...that doesn't matter..he's here...Personally I don't think he would...He's not that good right now...Teams aren't doing anything special to him....He just isn't good enough to have made an impact to this point...plain and simple...I think were looking at atleast a whole year for Mario to "get it", if in fact he ever does....
Old 09-26-2006   #18
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Sure....I am frustrated with EVERYTHING regarding this team. All I can do is look forward towards the future. We have 3 good long term players, AJ, DeMeco, and Dunta...that's it. Lets look forward to Kubes drafting some guys that can play. The rest of our team is crap
I think you may be able to add our new tight end to this list and maybe Spencer, although he is hurt. But that would be it. It's going to be a looong year. I have never seen a defense so far out of position. We are nowhere near the ball on a lot of plays.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We are each special in our own way. We are all once in a lifetime.

Kumbaya.

Old 09-26-2006   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Did anyone listen to the MNF broadcast last night. I am not one of the 'ESPN Hates Houston' crowd but their broadcast was such a pro-Bush lovefest that I felt dirty after watching it. I thought any moment S.Scott was going to proclaim Bush as the second coming of the messiah.

They were dissecting plays ad nauseum in order to show how Bush was being used as a decoy. It's like they think no other player has been used as a decoy before. Then the softball pieces on Bush's charity work. How about they show some of the other player's charity work. They interviewed a guy who had never even met Bush. What is that all about? Was his own family too busy hiding all the skeletons in their closet? I am a huge Michael Irvin guy but his love affair with Bush is off the charts, and needless to say Stewie and Salisbury have been on Bush's jock since like 8th grade.

Did I think they should have taken Bush? Of course I did. You may call me crazy but I don't think we are 0-3 if we make that pick. I really think he could have lit a fire under his team by giving the team a player who could help immediately. He would have given us an infusion of energy, excitement, and a national identity. I think sometimes locker room spirit and morale is very underrated but the bottom line is that we didn't draft him and the more our defense sucks, it validates the Texans drafting for defense even more. We need to give Mario some time and if he doesn't work out we need to hold those accountable who chose him over Bush, VY, DBrick, Hawk, etc....namely McNair/Kubiak.

doug ftw

-- That sound you don't hear is Asserley's phone not ringing --
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read