Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2006   #1
Barkley

Default Beat the Fish

OK....I am one of the most negative people on this board. That said, let's understand where we are and look to the next game. These guys, although they stink, need our help. Let's rock the roof this week and try to beat the fish. We have a chance. Look what the Saints did this week with some serious fan support. They are not that good of a team. If we go crazy, maybe we can help them. GOD knows they need it.

Go Texans !
Old 09-25-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Fish go squish.
Old 09-25-2006   #3
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good attitude, Barkley. This team needs all the help it can get and a rockin' Reliant Stadium will help...at least a little. I am not giving up on the Texans. I know they're going to lose, I just wish and hope that they wouldn't look as bad as they do while they're doing it.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
I know its going to be a long season, and I have accepted the fact that we may only win 1 or 2 games so let's get going. DAMN....we suck, but we have a chance against theis team.
We have a chance against every team. This one's slim.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #5
texflex513
All Pro

Lets put the horns thru the fish and sprinkle a little BROWN CULPEPPER on it for flavor and then run over it with our CARR lol... I know i know its corny and i am tired good night folks
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
I still think Mario is a major bust, but I can't think of anything else to motivate this team. Let's fill the house and help them as best we can.
You "still" think? So when did you begin to think this to find the need to use the word still? Five years, 3 years, 1 year ago?
Old 09-26-2006   #7
Samer
Veteran

Until the Texans prove to me that they can win, then I'll give them as much of a chance against the Fist, as I would against any other team
Old 09-26-2006   #8
joshri
Rookie

We aren't going to beat the Dolphins. Have you watched the first three games. Culpepper will look like his old self and throw 4 TD's. There isn't anyway our defense can contain their offense, which isn't even very good.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

We are bringing halibut to the tailgate. Eating actual dolphin, well, it is just not right.
Old 09-26-2006   #10
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
We are bringing halibut to the tailgate. Eating actual dolphin, well, it is just not right.
Well, the dolphin you eat and it is good is called mahi mahi. It's a bright colored fish. It's not the cute little dolphins on the side of the helmets. But your right, would not be right to sit there and be grilling flipper.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by profan View Post
Well, the dolphin you eat and it is good is called mahi mahi. It's a bright colored fish. It's not the cute little dolphins on the side of the helmets. But your right, would not be right to sit there and be grilling flipper.
True that.

But we have some flash frozen halibut that my friend caught in Alaska. mmmmmm.
Old 09-26-2006   #12
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Cmon lets beat those 'fins, cause Im going. and in every game except the philly game i turned of the TV

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I went to the game this past week. One of the problems for this organization is that they are trying to build a team in a city that is pretty fairweather. I'm sorry guys but I have to say it. With the exception of a few on this board Houston didn't make any effort to keep The Oilers and they aren't making any effort to help this team get on the right track.

I've gone to 1 game a year for the last 4 years and everytime I go I hear people talking and they don't even know the names to players. I'm talking well known ones like DD, they are wearing their favorite team jersey that isn't The Texans, and they are usually a dull crowd.

This past week when I went we came out and on 3rd down our crowd got loud and we stopped the Redskins, we come out on offense and with the 3rd play of the game we get all the way down to the 2yd line and our crowd is pumped, we score a TD and all is going crazy.

Then our defense goes out and give up the TD and the rest of the time the crowd stayed seated as if the game was all over from there. At critical times there were 3rd downs where if our fans got loud we could've shifted some momentum but no!!! I was the only person in my section standing.

Now some might say it is because of the product on the field but I look at other places on TV and even though their team is losing they got fans still believing when it is only the 1st quarter.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #14
dolfantbone
Rookie

Come on people you actually think the texans are going to win??? They just said it also on ESPN just now, no hope for texans Dolphins are gonna blow them away!!
dolfantbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfantbone View Post
Come on people you actually think the texans are going to win??? They just said it also on ESPN just now, no hope for texans Dolphins are gonna blow them away!!
Your team almost lost to the Titans at home.

Do you really feel comfortable talking junk?
Old 09-26-2006   #16
dolfantbone
Rookie

Just a little it was a win, not by much though. I just had to say hello, all in good spirits though. Hello from tulsa, Ok!!
dolfantbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #17
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfantbone View Post
Just a little it was a win, not by much though. I just had to say hello, all in good spirits though. Hello from tulsa, Ok!!
Welcome! I look forward to Mario getting his first sack/strip on the fumbling Culpepper.

I feel that the Fins are going to win, but hey, I thought the Saints would lose last night.

thanks for not being a jerk fan.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #18
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #19
Seeing Red
Rookie

"500 yards a game, well, bring on Adrian Peterson."

They would probably pass on him..... we dont NEED talent at that position. I mean come on. The Redskins get portis back and all of a sudden find the endzone repeatedly....but we dont need a gamebreaker back there. Fans don't know anything about football right?
Old 09-26-2006   #20
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I went to the game this past week. One of the problems for this organization is that they are trying to build a team in a city that is pretty fairweather.
just like any other city... except for GreenBay comes to mind.

Quote:
I'm sorry guys but I have to say it. With the exception of a few on this board Houston didn't make any effort to keep The Oilers and they aren't making any effort to help this team get on the right track.
I didn't want the Oilers (shame on me) due to what Bud pulled over the years. What effort are the fans supposed to make to get the team on track? Seemed like we were pretty loud in the first half, even with the boos as the team exited for the half. How about the team make an effort to get themselves on track and not have a "here we go again" as soon as the opposing team ties them up.

Quote:
I've gone to 1 game a year for the last 4 years and everytime I go I hear people talking and they don't even know the names to players. I'm talking well known ones like DD, they are wearing their favorite team jersey that isn't The Texans, and they are usually a dull crowd....
Get away from them then (or are you discussing with the opposing team's fans?). I have a pretty good conversation with multiple Texan fans each game I attend, numerous Texans jerseys spotted - though would be nice to all be one color like we had with L. White or B. Red day.

Also, we all know of the club level "fans", but in all honesty - I wasn't impressed with the bull pen this past game. Before I get ripped - it was just an observation I had from the other side of the stadium, it seemed quite a few fans wern't too up in their chairs except for when the Skins were close to them about to score. Not sure if tickemaster had something to do that, but if y'all are truly the "craziest, loudest, most dedicated, etc" cheer starters of the stadium, better live up to it. and get those "visting fans" in your area on their feet.

It funny, quite often I hear that Houston fans are fickle / fairweather (as I think other teams are as well, see above) and they're called out by other Houston fans... I guess those doing the calling out are the minority, I wonder when we'll see the majority come out and say, "yep - i'm a fairweather fan" as there's gotta be quite a few of them.

Actually, I think I've seen a few posters jump off the wagon recently.

Houston is a "transplant town" I guess you can say. With the Texans relatively new and people moving here for job / lifestyle / FEMA handouts (sorry, low blow) they're gonna bring their team loyalty with them and till the Texans show promise / wins - they won't win the new Houstonians over.

Stay strong though and keep cheering, El T, the vocal minority will soon win the others over.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read