Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Defensive Line Rotation

Did any of y'all hear Lance Z this morning talking about the Texans defensive line rotation? I asked them to audiovault it, it was so blasted funny, because a lot of time funny reveals painful truths.

To describe it doesn't do it justice. He basically mimics what it sounds like having 300 lb men sprint on and off the field in order to "stay fresh."

(Un?)fortunately, I forgot to TiVO the game, so I don't have a true notion of the rotation, but I found myself wondering why certain guys were playing the line at certain times.

I know the Denver line rotated a lot because they play in altitude. Did anyone here pay particular attention to the rotation of dlinemen?
Old 09-25-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Not even Denver swap DLinemen on every play....... which we appear to do.

then the plays that you want your starters fresh for..... when we are trying to get a stop in the fourth Quarter.... they're on the sideline(except for Payne)....

it didn't make any sense.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

The DL rotation is beyond stupid. Plus the substitutions are coming in so slow our 300 lb DLmen are getting a break by sprinting 25 yds to the sideline. It's almost as stupid as having Dexter McCleon try to cover someone--good hits after the reception don't count.
Old 09-25-2006   #4
Scott747
Rookie

The rotations did not seem to be the real problem. It was when they were being called, which shows a lack of preparation by the coaches.

The D-line was exerting more energy getting on and off the field than when the ball was snapped. Never thought about it being that much of a factor, but in hindsight a few seconds for the big fellas to catch their breath may in fact be a reason for the lack of push.

And yes I'm grasping for any excuse....
Scott747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Did any of y'all hear Lance Z this morning talking about the Texans defensive line rotation? I asked them to audiovault it..
I heard it, and laughed so hard my side was aching!! That was absolutely the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.
They going to audio vault it? Sure hope so. Maybe they'll play it again tomorrow morning... we need the entertainment.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The DL rotation is beyond stupid. Plus the substitutions are coming in so slow our 300 lb DLmen are getting a break by sprinting 25 yds to the sideline. It's almost as stupid as having Dexter McCleon try to cover someone--good hits after the reception don't count.
Yeah just another head scratcher courtesy of the defense. As for the DL rotation I recall on one of the plays near the goalline they had Payne sprinting in at the last minute, but I recall several times where the DLine barely got set before the snap. We all know what happened after the snap.

On the DL rotation bit that Lance & Co. did I found it very funny.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #7
profan
Veteran

One of the funniest things i heard. Got me out of my foul mood and really got a good laugh at that one.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2006   #8
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard that too .... had me in stiches, especially when he started talking about PUP'd players getting confused and subbing. Good stuff.
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

hilarious stuff, he just slays me sometimes....his Comrade blast this morning was even funnier. Those Washington Capitalist pigs beaming down holographic images on Mario making him think that he was being triple teamed was funny as hell. The Texans are installing jammers this week so the Dolphins won't do the same thing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

This isn't Denver. Put guys in a series at a time (except for situational substitutes). Replace a guy before a series if you want him to stay "fresh".

Thomas Johnson should be cut just on principle alone. He had two inexcusable penalties.
Old 09-26-2006   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He's more active than Mario and looks harder to block.

Old 09-26-2006   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

That was the funniest thing I've ever heard from Lance. It wouldn't have been so funny if it wasn't true.

If they vault it, please post a link.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #13
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
This isn't Denver. Put guys in a series at a time (except for situational substitutes). Replace a guy before a series if you want him to stay "fresh".

Thomas Johnson should be cut just on principle alone. He had two inexcusable penalties.
Yet, he's been the best looking DLineman we have.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #14
dantem
Veteran

I noticed that during the game (my seats are up in the 600's around the 20 yard line) Everything seems to move slower from that angle and you really notice the formation changes. I could swear Seth payne sprinted over 300 yards in the first half, there were times where two guys would run out and then get waived back after they reached the line, those guys had to be winded. Many times they either barely got off the field in time or they reached thier stance just as the ball was snapped. Being winded and disoriented just as the ball is snapped is not a good strategy.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
Being winded and disoriented just as the ball is snapped is not a good strategy.
Major understatment, but very true.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

It's our vaunted Chinese Fire Drill Defense!

Old 09-26-2006   #17
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game.
The defense looked lost and scrambling to get set before the play from the first defensive play. I don't even want to mention the substitutions. One question I have is about the formations. Why are they so spread so far apart? Even at the goal line?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #18
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
I was at the game.
The defense looked lost and scrambling to get set before the play from the first defensive play. I don't even want to mention the substitutions. One question I have is about the formations. Why are they so spread so far apart? Even at the goal line?
I wondered the same thing, I also kept seeing our corners playing 10 yards back from the recievers on 3rd and short. I'm not trained in defensive scheems but it seemed strange.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006   #19
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I had tears coming out of my eyes. The whole bit was so painfully and truthfully funny.
Old 09-26-2006   #20
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post

I thought so as well but upon reflection that guy has been the baddest man on the line up to this point. He's got a little Leon Lett in him. Channel it, don't cut it. He does it again, cut him. Right now I am thinking maybe clone him?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read