Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Chronic: Kubiak 'disappointed' with Williams' performance

Go to the horses mouth so to speak this from Kubiak Monday presser
September 25, 2006 HoustonTexans.com

(on DE Mario William’s game) “I was disappointed in his play. I was disappointed in the way he played. There were some communication issues that we have to get corrected with him and what we’re expecting him to do in some certain situations. And we’ll get those corrected. But he’s done some things and progressed and dome some things, but he did not do that this week. And I’m expecting him to bounce back this coming week and become the type of player we want him to become. I don’t want to pin that all on him. I don’t want y’all to take it that way, but he knows I was disappointed in his play. And he has to play better.”

(on whether Mario Williams’ mistakes were physical or mental) “I was just disappointed. I don’t wan to pin it in one area, but I was disappointed overall.”

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
<insert captain obvious picture"

What did you expect? For him to say how impressed he was with him?

I cannot recall the coaches from the previous regime ever expressing concern about any individual player.

It was always "we failed to execute".

Now..is naming names a good thing...calling a player out, so to speak...a good thing? idonno:

One things for certain though..the status quo isn't working.

:coffee:

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
I cannot recall the coaches from the previous regime ever expressing concern about any individual player.

He said the rest of the defense was playing bad as well during his show on 610.

For instance
Q: Is Mario Williams playing like you hoped he would?
A: No he's not...and neither is anybody else.

It seemed like he made a point of calling out the entire defense when asked about Mario.

tsip

Veteran

Now..is naming names a good thing...calling a player out, so to speak...a good thing? idonno:

One things for certain though..the status quo isn't working.

I don't like 'naming names' and questioned it from the beginning when Kubiak was doing it in training camp. I like the way Belechik does it--'bad' stuff gets the 'we' label but he will recognize an individual player for good play.

I'm also concerned with the same 'rhetoric' being carried from week to week--'we've got to get better'/'we'll get there'/'we've got to play 4 qtrs'/'we tried everything,' etc. Like Caper's 'execute' quote every week, it becomes obvious after awhile that 'someone' doesn't have a clue how to fix/solve the problem.

IMO, though, the 'calling out' of players for 'poor' performances could back fire on Gary and lead to 'dissension' among the players--if it's bad, keep it in the house/if it's good, tell the whole world.

RTP2110

All Pro
I don't think Kubiak bashed him or called him out. They asked a question about Mario and Kubiak answered it honestly. There's nothing wrong with that he didn't go out of his way to point out his disappointment with Williams. I'm sure Kubiak didn't say anything to the media that he didn't say to Mario himself beforehand. He mentioned that Williams knew that he was disappointed in him. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

wrestler4life

Waterboy
I don't like 'naming names' and questioned it from the beginning when Kubiak was doing it in training camp. I like the way Belechik does it--'bad' stuff gets the 'we' label but he will recognize an individual player for good play.

I'm also concerned with the same 'rhetoric' being carried from week to week--'we've got to get better'/'we'll get there'/'we've got to play 4 qtrs'/'we tried everything,' etc. Like Caper's 'execute' quote every week, it becomes obvious after awhile that 'someone' doesn't have a clue how to fix/solve the problem.

IMO, though, the 'calling out' of players for 'poor' performances could back fire on Gary and lead to 'dissension' among the players--if it's bad, keep it in the house/if it's good, tell the whole world.
I think that he felt when he took the job that he had been around the league enough and seen enough that he felt he could fix what was wrong with us.
I think that he has hit a wall he can't see around or over, and has no idea what to do.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club

I mentioned this very concern during training camp and preseason. He's a very good coach, but his first rodeo as a head coach. It is indeed very refreshing for us fans to hear him call out his players for poor play. We like it because we perceive, through those comments, that hew shares the same frustrations and aggravations as we do.

But he is NOT a fan. He is the head coach. And as the head coach, he'll will probably learn some hard lessons on what, and what not, to say to the media regarding the players during hard times.

Say what you want about Capers. We all got tired of the "we didn't execute" lines that he threw at us all the time. But he never, never called out his players in public. He had been around the block enough times to know better.

Second Honeymoon

Hall of Fame
I applaud Kubiak for being honest in his observation. It's a whole lot better than the constant flow of 'coachspeak' that Capers and many other coaches use. Mario was picked by Kubiak too so I like the fact that he isn't afraid to criticize 'his guy' in fear of making himself and his choices look bad.

The fact is, the organization has major egg on its face presently and they really need to do everything they can to get Mario to start producing. That being said, I am not talking about instant results. We need Mario to start improving so that by the time next season starts the defense starts improving and then we can further improve it via Free Agency (lots of cap space) and draft (looks like another Top 10 pick for sure). I love my Texans and we need to remember the year the Oilers started 1-3...and finished 13-3. I know, I know, we dont have a quarter of the talent that team had, but we do need to stay positive because its in all our interests to support Kubiak and his attempt to overhaul this debacle of a franchise.

Doug From The Woodlands

-- That sound you don't hear, is Asserley's phone not ringing. --

Wolf

100% Texan
Texans head coach Gary Kubiak had only one word to describe the play of his team, and it was the first word that came to mind when he was asked on Monday to describe the play of his first overall pick, defensive end Mario Williams.

Disappointed.

"I was disappointed in his play," Kubiak said of Williams. "And I’m expecting him to bounce back this coming week and become the type of player we want him to become. I don’t want to pin that all on him. I don’t want y’all to take it that way, but he knows I was disappointed in his play."

His disappointment spread beyond Williams to his team as a whole, but as a rookie head coach with responsibility for an NFL defense for the first time in his career, Kubiak knows he needs to give the unit more of his focus in the coming weeks.

"I’m not going to lie, I spend more time with the offensive side of the ball," Kubiak said. "I spent a lot of time with (defensive coordinator) Richard (Smith) and the defense today. I have to sit there and evaluate what they’re doing and how we’re doing it and who they’re doing it with."

It is tough talk following an even tougher early lesson for Kubiak and his team, but he didn't anticipate any sweeping changes in the personnel, at least not in the short-term.

"The only people that are going to change things around here are the ones that are doing it right now on a day to day basis, and they’re going to have to step to the plate and just do it better."
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/

Kubiak did not get asked "How is the defense looking" and respond" Well Mario is disappointing."

No he was asked about how he thought Mario was doing. So he answered he is disappointed in his play. He added Mario knows I am disappointed. That is all. It is ok for the coach to light a fire under a player, especially a 1st rounder, he did it with Travis Johnson, and he has looked better.

Mario appears to me to not be taking the coaching they are giving him and using it on the field. He stands straight up, and guesses at a hole and goes there. He is making the OTs and TE look good. Is he getting held, yes, but OLs can hold inside the shoulders. The DL has moves to counter the holding and he has been slow to even try a move.

Mario is strong, no doubt about that, but he is showing very little football savvy. They may need to get him a tutor, might be time to get Bruce Smith a plane ticket and a check to work with the rookie.

Texans86

Rookie
Mario is strong, no doubt about that, but he is showing very little football savvy. They may need to get him a tutor, might be time to get Bruce Smith a plane ticket and a check to work with the rookie.
Was it Bruce Smith on NFL Network that said he would love to come and give Mario some tips soon after the draft. If it was, we need to take him up on the offer. He needs some help right now.

kbourda

Veteran
Hey, Coach Kubiak better watch out. He might be accused of being a VY or Bush fan on this board. Doesn't he know saying negative things about Sorryo is strictly forbidden.

kbourda

Veteran
Was it Bruce Smith on NFL Network that said he would love to come and give Mario some tips soon after the draft. If it was, we need to take him up on the offer. He needs some help right now.
Did he need some help signing that contract he signed? This is no slight on you or your post so please don't take it that way but I have a serious problem with that. It's too early to tell if Sorryo is a stud or bust, so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now. But I have a HUGE problem when players don't live up to their contract when measured against their play on the field. Maybe that's just me.

Texans86

Rookie
Did he need some help signing that contract he signed? This is no slight on you or your post so please don't take it that way but I have a serious problem with that. It's too early to tell if Sorryo is a stud or bust, so i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now. But I have a HUGE problem when players don't live up to their contract when measured against their play on the field. Maybe that's just me.
I don't take any personal offense. It's a valid statement and opinion, but I posted on another thread that technique can be taught, physical skills cannot. A coach can yell at a player all he wants, but he'll never make that player grow any taller. I strongly believe that M.Williams will learn the techniques needed in this league, and his raw physical talent will make him a terror for opposing offenses. Do I wish he already knew the techniques? Of course. Do I think he will learn them quickly and begin to use them in games? You bet. Will M.Williams get better? Yes.

He's shown flashes, just like D.Rob, Tr.Johnson and the rest of our key players, but eventually they will all have to put it together for our team to be successful.

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
i love the way the fans were all 'for once the players will be individually acountable' in the off-season....but now that kubiaks following through on it, people are saying he's wrong....

some of you crack me up sometimes...damned if you do, damned if you dont

edit: he didnt specifically pick on mario..he was asked about mario's play last sunday and after praising him some for his earlier performances says he was 'disappointed' with his play v the skins...not exactly the fierce calling out some of you are making it out to be

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
i love the way the fans were all 'for once the players will be individually acountable' in the off-season....but now that kubiaks following through on it, people are saying he's wrong....

some of you crack me up sometimes...damned if you do, damned if you dont

edit: he didnt specifically pick on mario..he was asked about mario's play last sunday and after praising him some for his earlier performances says he was 'disappointed' with his play v the skins...not exactly the fierce calling out some of you are making it out to be
I'm not necessarily saying he crossed the line with his comments. But if this team continues to play like they are doing so far, he'll push the envelope, and he'll cross it eventually. I'm not knocking him, but he's human, and sooner or later, some reporter will catch him with his guard down, and bait him into saying something that he will probably wish he could take back.

Johnny Utah

Rookie
[[Gary Kubiak]];453011 said:
WHY PIN IT ALL ON WILLIAMS?

the whole defense SUCKED!! I dont think the 600 yards we allowed was all on mario.
People wanted to draft Bush so he could become "the face" of the Texans franchise. Well, Mario is becoming the "the face" of our terrible defense.

66cobra

Waterboy
People wanted to draft Bush so he could become "the face" of the Texans franchise. Well, Mario is becoming the "the face" of our terrible defense.
only because he is a high profile #1 pick...I think the "face of the terrible defense" should belong to the whole secondary because it seemed like every time Brunell threw the ball, it was to someone really wide open. It was like a 6 man football against a 11 man team. I kept wondering, "where are our defensive backs, especially the safeties?" I am surprised that people are calling out Richard Smith and not Jon Hoke. I think the front 7 are doing what they can and the back 4 are not. Just my opinion....

HJam72

Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity, does Shanahan call out players like that? Maybe "calling out" isn't the right phrase (probably not), but you know what I mean. Anybody know if he does that?

TK_Gamer

Veteran
only because he is a high profile #1 pick...I think the "face of the terrible defense" should belong to the whole secondary because it seemed like every time Brunell threw the ball, it was to someone really wide open. It was like a 6 man football against a 11 man team. I kept wondering, "where are our defensive backs, especially the safeties?" I am surprised that people are calling out Richard Smith and not Jon Hoke. I think the front 7 are doing what they can and the back 4 are not. Just my opinion....
No the face of our terrible defense is Richard Smith, the sooner Kubiak acknowledges that and smith acknoweledges that the better off we will be.

Richard smith has not made a single comment to the media since the season started that I am aware of, isnt that strange?

No the face of our terrible defense is Richard Smith, the sooner Kubiak acknowledges that and smith acknoweledges that the better off we will be.

Richard smith has not made a single comment to the media since the season started that I am aware of, isnt that strange?
I agree. Right now I am wondering if it is more of Mario Williams being a disappointment, or the Def Cordinator and Def Line Coach being the problems here. Players are only as good as there coaches. And right now, the problem is on the whole side of the Def... So what gives? I want to hear the truth and not some sugar coating reason. It can't be just 1 person's fault our defense sucks...

edo783

Hall of Fame
Out of curiosity, does Shanahan call out players like that? Maybe "calling out" isn't the right phrase (probably not), but you know what I mean. Anybody know if he does that?
Shanny has ZERO problem telling the news cameras if a player is screwing up. Doesn't blister him, but doesn't back away either. Just tells it like it is good and bad. Seems like Kubes is doing the same, but doesn't seem to be as forcefull about it as Sannahan has been sometimes.

cbnjwill

Waterboy
come on gimmee a freaking break, smith hasnt been on the field for one play this season and hasnt missed one tackle. if guys are not were they are supposed to be or are just not giving an all out effort like our man sorryio williams you cant put that on a coach. players play and coaches coach when a defense is being shredded like ours put the blame with our multi million dollar players. these guys are grown men making huge jack to go out there and make plays they are just not gettting the job done. we have spent huge money along with high draft picks on our defensive line we have 3 first round picks and a high dollar free agent up there this should be the strength of the defense and its easily the weakness. one thing i think we can put on the coaching staff and the organiztion as a whole is talent evaluation. making sorryio the first pick, taking TJ i and babin in the first rounds were big mistakes, we gave up three picks for babin and past on DJ for TJ. weaver so far hasnt made alot of plays, i thought he would be solid against the run, but not so far. looks like he might be another high priced free agent mistake for the organization. as far as williams well we are the laughing stock of the league with that pick and we are gonna have to hear it big time for the next few yrs. as far as all the negative talk on sorryio the texans got exactly what they asked for with this selection. like the old saying goes they made their bed now they have to lye in it.

hadaad

Rookie

Coming up with clever names like Sorryo is giving him the benefit of the doubt?

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Calling the kid Sorryo then pointing out that you're giving him the benifit of the doubt is kind of contradicting, isn't it?:hides:

edit: Sorry hadaad, ya beat me to it.

humbleone

Waterboy
No way amigo. If this is what the front 7 can do, then we need a complete new front 7 (which I don't believe btw). No way these guys get a pass on what was the worst NFL defensive performance I have ever seen live.

DL facts: no pressure (again), sacks, or tackles for losses in the backfield and very few (less than expected from a 4-3 line) made by DL period. Mario was occassionally doubled which should have let Weaver, TJ, Babin or Payne create something in the backfield but that never happened. And, sadly, Mario looked "a bit slow" on some plays and took what looked like bad angles to the QB on some others. He also was handled one on one just fine on a number of plays as well. btw, I still like and believe in Mario but the unvarnished truth is that he, nor anyone on the D other than 23 looked good.

LB facts: they had IMO by far their worst game of the year. Even Ryans looked like he missed some assignments and let an interception go right through his hands (still love the kid though). That said, he was clearly our best LB on the field again as Orr and Greenwood turned in yet another non-factor performance again. This group needs Wong back big time and soon.

:whip:

trane

Noob
come on gimmee a freaking break, smith hasnt been on the field for one play this season and hasnt missed one tackle.
It is Smith's fault from the standpoint of he is responsible for what players are on the field. IMO based on what I have seen so far, Mario should not be starting. I would let him come in for select plays until he shows that he is ready to produce. I also don't understand why neither Babin or Peek is not starting. They are the best pass rushers (which isn't saying much) on the team. Also, Orr should not be a starter either. He should be benifitting from Mario's lack of production and making a lot of tackles but he seems to always be out of the play. In terms of the secondary, it seems that they are preoccupied with making big hits instead of making big plays. If you are going to play CC Brown, there should be a more veteran safety back there along with him. Overall, Smith should be held accountable for the players he plays.

kbourda

Veteran
Coming up with clever names like Sorryo is giving him the benefit of the doubt?
Calling the kid Sorryo then pointing out that you're giving him the benifit of the doubt is kind of contradicting, isn't it?:hides:

edit: Sorry hadaad, ya beat me to it.
Why I feel the need to respond to the both of you is beyond me. But maybe if you all would read the other threads, like this one: http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=28762 you will see how the name was born. Once again easy to attack me, right. You have a DE playing.............. Sorry (didn't mean to say that; chaulk it up to a lack of a better term), right now. There is no denying that. So continue spining it anyway you please. It matters to me not. I call it how I see it. It makes me no more or less a fan of my Texans because I call a player Sorryo.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Why I feel the need to respond to the both of you is beyond me. But maybe if you all would read the other threads, like this one: http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=28762 you will see how the name was born. Once again easy to attack me, right. You have a DE playing.............. Sorry (didn't mean to say that; chaulk it up to a lack of a better term), right now. There is no denying that. So continue spining it anyway you please. It matters to me not. I call it how I see it. It makes me no more or less a fan of my Texans because I call a player Sorryo.
I hear ya! Every player on the team could probably deserve a little criticism at this point. I don't blame you there. I was just pointing out it was kinda contradicting, that's all. Anyways, it wasn't meant to pizz ya off. Have a good one.:shades:

66cobra

Waterboy
No way amigo. If this is what the front 7 can do, then we need a complete new front 7 (which I don't believe btw). No way these guys get a pass on what was the worst NFL defensive performance I have ever seen live.

DL facts: no pressure (again), sacks, or tackles for losses in the backfield and very few (less than expected from a 4-3 line) made by DL period. Mario was occassionally doubled which should have let Weaver, TJ, Babin or Payne create something in the backfield but that never happened. And, sadly, Mario looked "a bit slow" on some plays and took what looked like bad angles to the QB on some others. He also was handled one on one just fine on a number of plays as well. btw, I still like and believe in Mario but the unvarnished truth is that he, nor anyone on the D other than 23 looked good.

LB facts: they had IMO by far their worst game of the year. Even Ryans looked like he missed some assignments and let an interception go right through his hands (still love the kid though). That said, he was clearly our best LB on the field again as Orr and Greenwood turned in yet another non-factor performance again. This group needs Wong back big time and soon.

:whip:
Well, I do agree with some of your "facts", like the one about the LB's. Also, I did not get to view the whole of Sunday's game, but to me, the def. line was not as aggressive as it was during the Colt's game. I did see Mario take bad angles, etc. But I don't agree that DRob (#23) played well. In the 3 game span since the season started, I haven't seen DRob play all that well. He is supposed to be our best cover corner, but I have seen him out of position many times and the QB is not afraid to throw to his side. Sure, he had 11 tackles Sunday (also is the team's 3rd leading tackler), but I have not seen him do a single pass defensed. The whole secondary is a sieve; otherwise, how can you let a QB throw for 22 straight completions?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
come on gimmee a freaking break, smith hasnt been on the field for one play this season and hasnt missed one tackle. if guys are not were they are supposed to be or are just not giving an all out effort like our man sorryio williams you cant put that on a coach. players play and coaches coach when a defense is being shredded like ours put the blame with our multi million dollar players. these guys are grown men making huge jack to go out there and make plays they are just not gettting the job done. we have spent huge money along with high draft picks on our defensive line we have 3 first round picks and a high dollar free agent up there this should be the strength of the defense and its easily the weakness. one thing i think we can put on the coaching staff and the organiztion as a whole is talent evaluation. making sorryio the first pick, taking TJ i and babin in the first rounds were big mistakes, we gave up three picks for babin and past on DJ for TJ. weaver so far hasnt made alot of plays, i thought he would be solid against the run, but not so far. looks like he might be another high priced free agent mistake for the organization. as far as williams well we are the laughing stock of the league with that pick and we are gonna have to hear it big time for the next few yrs. as far as all the negative talk on sorryio the texans got exactly what they asked for with this selection. like the old saying goes they made their bed now they have to lye in it.

Stop it... just stop. from your review of our games, I have no doubt that you aren't watching...... I'd question your literacy, if this were not a "printed" media...... Our D Line the weakest link?? are you serious?? Blame the players, and not the coaches??

We had no spy on Westbrook..... all game....... no spy. he'd catch a pass from behind the line of scrimmage, and run it 30+ yards pass the LOS. Three weeks in a row, we fall for mis-direction plays again & again. Never.... not once in three weeks have we addressed the reverse. We will have all our linebackers, and all 4 DBs between 15 & 20 yards from the LOS covering 2 guys on 3rd & 9. Chris Cooley comes out of the backfield turns, catches the ball un-molested, and picks up the first down. We don't blitz Brunnel who has been struggling for 2 weeks, and we tell everybody that we won't be blitzing him a week before the game. 2nd & 6.... 9 seconds left in the game.... Washington with one timeout, and a 14-7 lead. We're set up to pass rush. they run a draw up the middle..... for a 30 yard touchdown.

No doubt. the Players played a roll in this loss......... 31-15..... mostly bad coaching.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
you have no room to talk TK...your stuff has been incoherent at best.

The lead story on espn's NFL Today was the "Mario is a disappointment" story and they talked about Kubiak blasting Williams.

texan279

Hall of Fame
sorry if repost

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4214241.html

Kubiak defended first-year defensive coordinator Richard Smith.

"I believe in Richard and the (assistants) who are doing it," Kubiak said. "Nobody's working harder. Has it been good? No, it has not been good, but that's the group that has to get it turned and going the other way. I believe in them.

"I don't anticipate any personnel changes, but we're going to have to make some changes in what we do and how we do it. They have to step up to the plate and just do it better."

Kubiak is an offensive coach, but he keeps up with what's happening on defense.

"I spent a lot of time with Richard and the defense today," he said. "My message is what can I do to help? I have to be there any way I can to help them get better. If it's finding a player or helping them with the scheme, I've got to do what I can so they can be effective."

The Texans are 2-18 over their past 20 games, mostly under Dom Capers. Kubiak has experienced only two losing seasons in his last 23 years as a player and as an assistant coach.

"The first thing you've got to do is convince them there are some positive things they can draw from," he said. "But until something positive starts to happen, I think it's very, very difficult because of the negative effect. If you're not willing to fight through it, it's not going to change. It's been extremely tough, but I'm going to see us through it somehow, some way. It's a tremendous challenge."

Blake

MMQB
There are a couple of threads on this already.

And work on the thread titles please. "Is This True!!!!!?????? " makes you seem really silly.

WWJD

Hall of Fame
I believe he said he was disappointed in his performance so far...but he also said he has faith in him and he will be ok..that it's up to the coaches to do a better job coaching him but he does think he has not played very well.

And he's right.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Oh C'mon! If there was anything to it, don't you think McClain and the Chronic would be all over it?

That said, IMO it doesn't look like he's really trying out there, but what do I know.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
My Texans translator is in bold:

sorry if repost

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4214241.html

Kubiak defended first-year defensive coordinator Richard Smith.

"I believe in Richard and the (assistants) who are doing it," Kubiak said. "Nobody's working harder. Has it been good? No, it has not been good, but that's the group that has to get it turned and going the other way. I believe in them.

What Kubiak thought is: "DAMN, I wasn't expecting a first rate defense, but maybe something average or plain old awful instead of historically terrible. Wish I had some alternative but I really don't midseason. Geez, I thought giving him the first two picks in the draft was enough of a bone."

"I don't anticipate any personnel changes, but we're going to have to make some changes in what we do and how we do it. They have to step up to the plate and just do it better."

"It's too late to get more help, and what scrub could we get anyways? @#$%"

Kubiak is an offensive coach, but he keeps up with what's happening on defense.

"I spent a lot of time with Richard and the defense today," he said. "My message is what can I do to help? I have to be there any way I can to help them get better. If it's finding a player or helping them with the scheme, I've got to do what I can so they can be effective."

"Good lord, I'm an offensive minded coach and I have to babysit the defense? Next year hopefully Bob will be able to buy me someone that I can trust to run the defense."

The Texans are 2-18 over their past 20 games, mostly under Dom Capers. Kubiak has experienced only two losing seasons in his last 23 years as a player and as an assistant coach.

"The first thing you've got to do is convince them there are some positive things they can draw from," he said. "But until something positive starts to happen, I think it's very, very difficult because of the negative effect. If you're not willing to fight through it, it's not going to change. It's been extremely tough, but I'm going to see us through it somehow, some way. It's a tremendous challenge."

"Or eventually it is my ***."

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
you have no room to talk TK...your stuff has been incoherent at best.

The lead story on espn's NFL Today was the "Mario is a disappointment" story and they talked about Kubiak blasting Williams.
It's a bit of an overstatement. He said he was disappointed in Mario's game Sunday. He said Mario has been doing some good things... just not this past Sunday.

Blasting him would be Kubiak saying that Mario wears a skirt or something.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
It's a bit of an overstatement. He said he was disappointed in Mario's game Sunday. He said Mario has been doing some good things... just not this past Sunday.

Blasting him would be Kubiak saying that Mario wears a skirt or something.
Bob Allen spoke about his segment with Kubiak. He said that Kubiak had let Mario know that his performance against the Skins was unsatisfactory.

I think the way it was worded was "the entire defense, along with Mario was under performing." I'm paraphrasing...my memory isn't perfect.

That's the way I heard it, I don't think 'blasting him' would be a correct description of what happened.

If it were any other way I believe Kubiak would keep it in house.

This is just another instance of espn using their forum to make the team look bad for not selecting espn's golden boy Bush.

Hopefully this notoriety will light a fire under Mario.

I probably recieved a more thorough blasting by Sister Theodore in the fourth grade.:D ....

Ruler on the knuckles hurt. :crying: