Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2006   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone gonna call?

Is anyone gonna call in on the Gary Kubiak weekly interview on 610 today? I would, but I have to take my daughter to cheerleading practice. Someone call in and ask about our defense.......PLEASE????? I would like to listen to what he has to say about who is calling the schemes and the reason for not blitzing as well as if he plans on making any changes or going with the :brickwall plan. Is anyone planning on calling and if so what are you planning on asking? Just curious...
Old 09-25-2006   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I was planning on calling. (if you hear them say Marcus from Stafford, that's me)

I was going to try to phrase a statement into a question regarding Mario . . to go something like this:

"Knowing that Mario is a rookie, and accepting the fact that he's raw, and has a lot to learn, are you not still concerned that he hasn't shown any hint of the talent that you'd expect to see from a 1st overall pick?"

Any way I could phrase that better?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I was planning on calling. (if you hear them say Marcus from Stafford, that's me)

I was going to try to phrase a statement into a question regarding Mario . . to go something like this:

"Knowing that Mario is a rookie, and accepting the fact that he's raw, and has a lot to learn, are you not still concerned that he hasn't shown any hint of the talent that you'd expect to see from a 1st overall pick?"

Looks good, but I would change "are you not still concerned that he hasn't shown any hint of the talent that you'd expect to see from a 1st overall pick?"

TO:
"are you concerned that he hasnt shown any hint of the talent that you'd..."

The "are you not still" kinda makes it hard to follow.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's an actual question...I like it. Usually questions on that show
a. Come in 3 parts.
b. Are opinions with no actual questions.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing is Marcus, be careful with the question you ask or it won't make it past the screening. So to say "are you concerned that you haven't seen any talent "may be harsh and that may enough to not let them air the question to him. JMHO though, I heard it's tough to get the real questions put on the air unless you disguise them.....
Old 09-25-2006   #6
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Here's a question for you Coach Kubiak....

Um, why does our defensive coordinator SUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK?

I will hang up and listen. Thank You.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont plan on calling, but i'd like to hear kubiak responding to a question about blitzing. something in the form of "the texans have had arguably the worst pass rush since becoming a team. why is it that we tried to remedy this lightly with personnel, but havent done anything as far as scheme to put more pressure on opposing quarterbacks?"
Old 09-25-2006   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Looks good, but I would change "are you not still concerned that he hasn't shown any hint of the talent that you'd expect to see from a 1st overall pick?"

TO:
"are you concerned that he hasnt shown any hint of the talent that you'd..."

The "are you not still" kinda makes it hard to follow.
Thanks for the advice, and good point. I don't know if the screener will allow me to ask it, since more than likely those two clowns hosting the show will cover Mario in a more sanitized fashion. And they will have their guard up considering what happened yeaterday.

I could throw caution to the wind and try to fake out the screener, and then when I get on, I say, "Hey Coach, Welcome to Houston! What did you think of Mario getting manhandled by that tight end and running back?"

I have more tact than that. Don't worry!
Old 09-25-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We're not going to get any REAL answers. It'll all be coach-speak and 'accepting responsibility' (whatever that means), but it'll be the same old, same old and we'll still get our butts handed to us by a bad Miami team next week.

Good luck for trying, though!
Old 09-25-2006   #10
Mycco
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mycco

Here is a question for the coach

Why are we having the same defensive problems that the last coaching regime had? Is it a reflection on the coaching or the personell? Because even though the names have changed the results are still the same if not worse.
Mycco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I would focus on the game planning/play calling/blitzing and not on Mario. You already know all of their reasons for choosing Mario. So I wouldn't waste your question on something you already know the answer to.

However, I think a legitimate personnel question would be how they deal with a injury-depleted secondary. Perhaps how they dealt with it last week, did it work (try not to laugh), how they will deal with it this week.

Also, another safer question might be - knowing that Brunell was struggling after the first two games, why weren't they able to exploit it? Why did they choose not to blitz?
Old 09-25-2006   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We're not going to get any REAL answers. It'll all be coach-speak and 'accepting responsibility' (whatever that means), but it'll be the same old, same old and we'll still get our butts handed to us by a bad Miami team next week.

Good luck for trying, though!
Hey DB, I'm not naive, I know it will be coach-speak, (what coach doesn't speak coach? and you know he ain't gonna dog his players on some local talk radio show. But I wouldn't mock the 'accepting reponsibility' bit. At least that's a welome change from Capers 'execute' lines.

If y'all will help me out a little bit, maybe we could come up with something unique that I could ask him, that maybe would get him to shed more info than we already know. It's 4 o clock. I'll need to call in around 50 minutes or so.
Old 09-25-2006   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Please someone ask Kubiak this exactly.

"Does Defensive Coordinator Richard Smith have the freedom to call Blitzes as often as he wants and whenever he wants to during a game? "

If Kubiak says, "No ", then the follow up should be:

"Why not?"

If Kubiak says, "Yes ", then the follow up should be:

"Why then are we not seeing the more aggressive playcalling we were told we would see before the season started?"
That's a good one.
Old 09-25-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Someone tell him to stop moving mario around and to let him just balls to the wall bullrush.
Old 09-25-2006   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I donno if I can help but I ran your request through the snoop dog translator and perhaps we can listen for your style...

Quote:
I was plann'n on call'n. (if you hizzy T-H-to-tha-izzem say Marcus from Stafford, that's me)

I was going ta try ta phrase a statement into a question mackin' Mario . and my money on my mind. ta go sum-m sum-m like this:

"Knowing thiznat Mario is a rookie, n trippin' tha fizzle that he's raw, n has a lot ta learn, is you not stizzay concerned that he hasn't S-H-to-tha-izzown any hiznint of tha mad skillz that you'd expect ta see friznom a 1st overall pick?"

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey DB, I'm not naive, I know it will be coach-speak, (what coach doesn't speak coach? and you know he ain't gonna dog his players on some local talk radio show. But I wouldn't mock the 'accepting reponsibility' bit. At least that's a welome change from Capers 'execute' lines.
yeah, I know, Marcus...you know I'm usually even-keeled about these things...but today my disgust is boiling over and I can't think straight.

You have better self-control than me if you can call up a radio show today without cussing.

But what does "accepting responsibility" really mean, anyway? And is this going to be a Kubiakism the same way "execute" became a Capersism?
Old 09-25-2006   #17
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
But what does "accepting responsibility" really mean, anyway? And is this going to be a Kubiakism the same way "execute" became a Caperism?
That was my thought. I was not exactly comforted by Kubiak's comments. I care a lot less about assigning blame than I do about finally getting some value out of the thousands of dollars I've spent on this team. It's really admirable for him to "accept responsibility" - but that's just words. I need action.
Old 09-25-2006   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I donno if I can help but I ran your request through the snoop dog translator and perhaps we can listen for your style...
Good God Vinny! After 5 years, you finally cracked me up.
Old 09-25-2006   #19
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
LMAO
Nbkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #20
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjmac2 View Post
Here's a question for you Coach Kubiak....

Um, why does our defensive coordinator SUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK?

I will hang up and listen. Thank You.
LOL!! Maybe because I watched some of the blue collar comedy tour last night, but I thought of Ron White when you said "SUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK".

I'm diggin Mycco's and Tulip's questions above about the similar defensive issues and scheming for pawpaw Brunell

May want to ask the coach how he felt SOME fans booing the team as they went off at halftime - how that may have affected them or was it discussed at all during halftime.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read