Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2006   #1
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Lightbulb Would your views change it if went like this?

I had to wonder this myself, anyway here's the scenario

On our front four at this point in the season if T. Johnson had 3 sacks, Weaver with 15 tackles 2ff, Payne with a sack, T. Johnson with a sack, Peek with 2 and Babin with 1 sack. All this taken into account Mario is having the same season as he is currently and the way o-lines handle him is the same it is now, the Texans at this point have the #5 statistical defensive team, does it matter to you if Mario isn't tearing it up.

With me I say it still matters, but I know alot of people (given the above hypothetical) would be happy and may leave Mario be. Chime in please
Old 09-25-2006   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

Yeah, that'd be fine w/me. But overall i'd rather be at least 2-1, forget the stats.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #3
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Vizzl View Post
I had to wonder this myself, anyway here's the scenario

On our front four at this point in the season if T. Johnson had 3 sacks, Weaver with 15 tackles 2ff, Payne with a sack, T. Johnson with a sack, Peek with 2 and Babin with 1 sack. All this taken into account Mario is having the same season as he is currently and the way o-lines handle him is the same it is now, the Texans at this point have the #5 statistical defensive team, does it matter to you if Mario isn't tearing it up.

With me I say it still matters, but I know alot of people (given the above hypothetical) would be happy and may leave Mario be. Chime in please
Yeah that'd be cool...and maybe Mario would get the benefit of the doubt in that scenario....

BUT...Whats the point???....Thats like asking what if he was good?? or what if Mario had a sack at this point...if..if...if...if....
Old 09-25-2006   #4
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Yeah that'd be cool...and maybe Mario would get the benefit of the doubt in that scenario....

BUT...Whats the point???....Thats like asking what if he was good?? or what if Mario had a sack at this point...if..if...if...if....
I had some co-workers asking about this and I am of the opinion that you still have to show your skills, a better line makes it easier though.
Old 09-25-2006   #5
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

I think this is a ridiculous concept. If the above stats did happen, it would mean that we are making stops of defense. I couldn't care less who in the front 7 has the stops, as long as the DB's don't have most of them.

So, Yes everyone would be happier if our defense was playing better.
Old 09-25-2006   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that if the other players were posting stats like that then Mario would almost have to be tearing it up. there would have to be some kind of explanation for those kind of stats and even if the statistics didn't show Mario was tearing it up I think game film would demonstrate that he was causing enough of a disruption to free up his fellow defensive linemen.

So obviously we'd be happy with that.
Old 09-25-2006   #7
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be happy if Mario had no sacks, no tackles, one assist and the Texans were 3-0/
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2006   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138 View Post
I would be happy if Mario had no sacks, no tackles, one assist and the Texans were 3-0/
Right there. I just want wins
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #9
BlueThunder
Veteran

I'd take the number 5 RANKINGafter facing 2 of the top 5 offenses but we are ranked 32 and Mario still has a whole full season of learning ahead of him.

I still,even though I didn't pick Mario in the draft, still think he will be an All Pro DE and find his way to the probowl with the right motavation.I just think his strenth and experence is holding back.I'm sure there will soon be a day defenses won't make much of a living running at him.

Marcus Spears of Dallas had to make the same step from college to the pros.He's starting to come around and Mario will too. ..

Last edited by BlueThunder; 09-25-2006 at 05:26 PM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Vizzl View Post
does it matter to you if Mario isn't tearing it up.

IF........

Thomas Johnson was on the sideline where he should've been when GlenEarl forced that fumble...... Orr's touchdown counted, we convert the 2 point conversion....

If our D got one more stop...... against Washington, We scored a touchdown, but missed the 2 point conversion.......

IF all that happened...... we'd all be happier with our team at this point.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #11
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
IF........

Thomas Johnson was on the sideline where he should've been when GlenEarl forced that fumble...... Orr's touchdown counted, we convert the 2 point conversion....

If our D got one more stop...... against Washington, We scored a touchdown, but missed the 2 point conversion.......

IF all that happened...... we'd all be happier with our team at this point.
Yup, but it didn't happen and no one wants Thomas Johnson on the team lol
Old 09-25-2006   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
Yup, but it didn't happen and no one wants Thomas Johnson on the team lol
yeah... but I thought this thread was about ifs.....
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read