Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Have we improved?
Yes, the entire team has improved over last year. We've just played really great teams. 1 2.38%
While some aspects have improved, others have clearly regressed. 26 61.90%
No, this entire team has gotten worse. 6 14.29%
Its still too early to tell. 9 21.43%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are we better or not? You decide

I thought I'd include just because everyone else is doing it
Old 09-25-2006   #2
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

No defense as of yet to take the field.........70 plus points in the last two games........
Old 09-25-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

offense = upgrade
defense = bad.
Old 09-25-2006   #4
BlueThunder
Veteran

The offense seams to be playing better and good enough to win games but we still need talent there.The OL looked pretty strong till injuries started to take effect.I think with a blue chip center out of the draft to learn behind Flannagan will be a major plus.I still think the top TB in the draft can only fuel the fire of a young team.I also think a couple WRs and maybe an early TE could be added.

Defense needs major work and I would go as far as to trade anyone that isn't a starter for draft picks.The DL should be addressed in FA if possible..I could also see a CB+Safety picked up in FA and a CB and S in the draft also..LBer needs to be saught after in the draft with a flood of fast speedy LBers that can tackle and Cover.We have to many players filling there plate with sacks while the rest of the team are made the lunch..

I didn't get to see the game because I live in Dallas and unless the Texans win and up ratings the games won't be shown.We need to give the DC a chance.This is his first year a he should have atleast 3 years.

The fact is that the secondary hasn't played with the division....

Last edited by BlueThunder; 09-25-2006 at 01:27 PM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a couple of positive spots, but overall, 90% of this team sucks. And unfortunately, I don't see it getting any better this year.

Quick, name two teams on our 2006 schedule we can beat after seeing the Texans play the first three games....based on these performances, 2-14 is another reality on the horizon.
Old 09-25-2006   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

The defense is abysmal. They just need to start blitzing. They can't cover anybody anyway.

The offense is definitely better. Even the OL has improved over last week.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #7
BlueThunder
Veteran

I really don't think 90% of the team sucks I just think there to young and wyle vets don't have the experence in this system to carry the youth.Its going to be a long hard road this year but maybe dawn will set on some of the young players before the sun rises in the spring..

There is only one way you can go from the very bottom..

Last edited by BlueThunder; 09-25-2006 at 01:18 PM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read