Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2006   #1
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 4112 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is this an OLB/safety problem?

The ability to be aggressive on defense relies on support from all positions in case your agression fails.

Is it possible that Richard Smith is handcuffed because Orr is so bad. The guy has 6 tackles. 6! From a linebacker position!

Dunta Robinson and Lewis Sanders have more tackles than Earl and CC Brown! For reference, top defensive back tacks are Chris Hope (SS), Ronde Barber (CB), Kerry Rhodes (FS), Sean Jones (SS), Gibril Wilson (SS), Jermaine Phillips (SS), Antoine Winfield (CB), Marlin Jackson (CB), Darent Williams (CB), Adam Archuleta (SS), Nick Colins (FS), Dunta Robinson (CB), Kelly Herndon (CB), Lewis Sanders (CB).

There's more CBs in that list than I expected, but to have two CBs in that list is pathetic.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #2
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Part of the problem is player ability. It will take another 1-2 years for Kubiak to cycle out all the old Texans players and replace them with players that work best in his system. So yeah, I think there are still at least seven to ten positions that Kubiak knew he needed to replace, but could not. At least two offensive linemen and five on the defense.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso View Post
Part of the problem is player ability. It will take another 1-2 years for Kubiak to cycle out all the old Texans players and replace them with players that work best in his system. So yeah, I think there are still at least seven to ten positions that Kubiak knew he needed to replace, but could not. At least two offensive linemen and five on the defense.
I don't agree with all of that. Another problem is cycling players just to cycle players. I think Kubiak has moved players for the sake of getting rid of existing players and bringing in people who played for him before.

A rookie coach might be more comfortable with known players, but that shouldn't be the reason for switching them. They had better be superior on the field too. I don't think that has been the case with all his changes.

This is an area where Kubiak can improve his performance and even correct past mistakes, unless ego trumps using the best players. I'd feel better about the Texans future if our head coach for the next few years demonstrates he can learn from his mistakes and get better at his job.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read