Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Our DL is too hungry for a sack.

They bit on the screen and the draw everytime. The media must be getting to them
Old 09-25-2006   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

the media, yeah thats it.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

They may be hungry for a sack...of cheeseburgers, but they're certainly not hungry for a sack on the QB. They simply look confused out there. Granted that Al Saunders is a heck of an offensive coordinator & he's very creative, but the Texans defense should have at least had an idea of what to expect through all their preparation & practice this past week. They bit on everything and anything that the Redskins showed, and a well prepared and disciplined defense doesn't do that.

However, not only did the defense have no clue what was going on out there they also were on the shortend of the stick in terms of talent. We have a DLine with three first rounders, and the best of the lot in terms of production is Seth Payne. Our LBs consist of a guy who should be strictly a ST or backup in Orr, a marginal OLB in Greenwood, and a talented rookie who although green seems to have the best football IQ on our D in Ryans. We've got a secondary consisting of a starting caliber CB in Dunta, a nickle or dime back in Sanders, a backup SS in Brown, and a decent SS in Earl. Couple that with stupid penalties & absolutely awful tackling, and you have a recipe for the worst defense in the NFL. Shake well to combine.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #4
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

how does crappy ole dallas get 6 sacks on them and we cant?

ok i was jk about dallas being crappy, but the least we can do is get 1, just 1.....was that too much to ask for?
Old 09-25-2006   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
the least we can do is get 1, just 1.....was that too much to ask for?
I would've settled for a few QB pressures or hurries. Hell even a batted ball at the line in the first half before Mark "Where's My AARP Card" Brunell set the record for consecutive completions to start the game.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #6
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hungry?

As I watched my beloved Texans play the Skins all I could think about was great defenses of the past. The Doomsday Defense, The Steel Curtain, The Monsters of the Midway, The Orange Crush, The Purple People Eaters, The No Name Defense. I remembered Greats like Butkus, Bubba Smith, Deacon Jones, Fred "The Hammer" Williamson, Randy White, Mean Joe Green and who could ever forget Lawrence Taylor, Jack Pardee and Reggie White.
I tought of these NFL greats...then watched the Washington Generals of a defense that we've mustered because these CLOWNS with the exception of Ryans, Earl & Robinson look NOTHING like those greats and if asked what they do for a living should lie and say they're insurance salesmen or something.

DH
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #7
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah that's it they are to hungry. Hell boys, start eating breakfast before the game so we can concentrate on playing football at noon....

Anyone realize that the only play the Redskin's had for negative yardage was the kneel down to end the game....

I guess I'll turn on the recording of the game and subject myself to the pain once again. I'll pay more attention to the cheerleaders this time.
Old 09-25-2006   #8
Stretch
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
They may be hungry for a sack...of cheeseburgers, but they're certainly not hungry for a sack on the QB.
there are some funny people on these boards
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #9
sleepwalker
Veteran

Brunell rarely threw a pass longer than 10 yrds....The skins had a great stradegy to get rid of the ball quick and they excuted that brilliantly...In fact, Peyton and Mcnab did the same thing...All teams will do this to us from now on.

Generally speaking, when u call a pass defence then u rush the QB all out with your front 4....If you call a running defence, you man up and CONTROL your ground or gap responsibility...We called the wrong plays at wrong times often yesterday and that was *at LEAST* part of the problem.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read