Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak takes responsibility

Quote:
Head coach Gary Kubiak

(on the Texans play after the first drive) “We didn’t do anything good after that. I take full responsibility. That’s my group out there, and we have to get better. It’s my responsibility to make sure we go out and play for four quarters.”

(on the Redskins' defense) “They did everything we thought they would do. They made a big play early and they came after us until the end of the game. That’s what they do on defense.”

(on the Texans' defense) “It wasn’t good. We didn’t stop them all day except for the first drive. We’ll have to take a hard look at what we’re doing, how we’re doing it and who we’re doing it with. We’ve got a long way to go. I take responsibility for that and I have to find a way to fix it.”

(on the loss overall) “It’s extremely disappointing.You want to see progress in what you’re doing and today was definitely not progress. You can’t play for just a series or a quarter, you have to play all day.”

(on being so hard on himself) “That’s the way I feel. That was ugly today. Some of the things that happened out there today are inexcusable, but I take full responsibility.”
(on getting an early lead and losing it) “I haven’t had to deal with this particular aspect of the game a lot. I’ve been in professional football a long time and you make plays and sometimes you get stuck. That’s football, that’s part of the game. They’re all great players out there on the field, and we just have to step up and make plays.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=2914

there are some ryans/williams,carr,daniels etc quotes too
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=20114

Gibbs post game script..very PC
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

All of that stuff looks very familiar to me and I couldn't understand why. Oh sure we heard it last week but that's not what I'm talking about. I mean that something about the wording triggered an old memory. I had a little deja vu going on for a moment and then it hit me.

Hugh Campbell.

This team acts and plays just like the Hugh Campbell era Oilers right down to the honest "I take all the blame" post-game comments from the head coach.
Old 09-24-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh geez...he does have a bit of a Hugh feel. On the Bob Allen show they said that Carr has something like 53 fumbles in his 60 something starts too. That's a crazy stat.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Oh geez...he does have a bit of a Hugh feel. On the Bob Allen show they said that Carr has something like 53 fumbles in his 60 something starts too. That's a crazy stat.

It goes well with his crazy sack stat though doesn't it?

Seriously though fumbles are not a good thing. Sacks you can say "Well his line can't protect him" and that tends to be accepted as true even though sometimes it's not the whole story. Fumbles are all about David and once you get that reputation for being a player who fumbles a lot people will always come after you to try and cause one. Being a fumbler is like throwing a lot of picks.

If he had insane interception numbers along with those fumbles then he'd already be gone I think.
Old 09-24-2006   #6
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed, and I'd feel even worse about it if our O-Line didn't suck so much. How many of the fumbles came from being stepped on or blown snap-counts, that's the "other half of that stat I'd like to see.

Kubes is taking the blame, but I want to see some more a**-chewing if that's what it takes. The last-second Defensive substitutions weren't helping any either.
Old 09-24-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We have much bigger problems than Carr...this thing is a dike with a billion little holes in it. Fixing any one or two things won't make us a good team. This is gonna be a long fix.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2006   #8
NATHANHALE
Veteran

Well, at least he didn't use the word 'execute', and he did accept blame. However, he keeps talking about it being his responsibilty to make everything 'better.' So, will we hear what he's going to do to make things 'better,' or will that exist on a weekly basis like 'execute?'
NATHANHALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #9
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Stupid mistakes like fumbles can kill you for a game, but what's killing the team for the season is the lack of any effective seconday. A perfect example of that is that Portis shuffle pass. The Redskins whole intent was to get a couple extra yards for the easy field goal and ended up with tha 30 yd TD.
Old 09-24-2006   #10
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we hear something specific about how he plans on "getting better", otherwise saying you take responsibility is just empty words and does not mean anything.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #11
12Gage
Rookie

It felt like week 1 all over again. Great, flawless first drive then terrible play the rest of the game.
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #12
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheus_Rex View Post
Stupid mistakes like fumbles can kill you for a game, but what's killing the team for the season is the lack of any effective seconday. A perfect example of that is that Portis shuffle pass. The Redskins whole intent was to get a couple extra yards for the easy field goal and ended up with tha 30 yd TD.
It looked like to me that they quit playing altogether and figured the half was over since time was running out. You can't do that in the NFL. I won't even comment on the second half... :brickwall
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #13
Scott747
Rookie

I so want Gary to succeed and be "the" coach that takes us to the elite level.

With that said...

This general thinking of "lets give him time" is not going to fly after this latest effort. The game plan and NO adjustments at half-time was and is inexcusable, period! There is no doubt that those knowledgeable enough realized that in all likelihood we would start out the season 0-3. But at this level? We can complain to hell and high-water about the lack of personnel and such, but IMO this was squarely on the shoulders of Richard Smith and Gary Kubiak.

The "aw shucks" it is my responsibility is going to grow very tiresome, very quick. I want to hear about some "Tuna" like blow-ups behind the scenes after the level of coaching from the defensive side shown in this game.
Scott747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #14
12Gage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic View Post
It looked like to me that they quit playing altogether and figured the half was over since time was running out. You can't do that in the NFL. I won't even comment on the second half... :brickwall
Man, I swear I was that smiley durning the game.:brickwall I got a knot on my forehead to prove it. lol... seriouly I do
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #15
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Not directing this at you personally or defending his fumblitis, just something to chew on...

Quote:
Most fumbles in a Career:
161 - Warren Moon, Houston, 1984-1993; Minnesota, 1994-96; Seattle, 1997-98; Kansas City, 1999-2000
Old 09-24-2006   #16
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
Not directing this at you personally or defending his fumblitis, just something to chew on...
Daunte Culpepper should eventually take over that stat.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #17
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Carr 6 fumbles in last 2 games and lost 2 of those, not heartening at all
Old 09-25-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've defended Carr so far this season, but he always has fumbled snaps too much and now he's doing it with a proven, veteran center. I can't deny the fumble thing.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm..no, Richard Smith and everyone associated with the D should fess up. That was a disgraceful outing. Their game checks should be donated to a childrens' hospital or something, not many guys deserve them.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Umm..no, Richard Smith and everyone associated with the D should fess up. That was a disgraceful outing. Their game checks should be donated to a childrens' hospital or something, not many guys deserve them.
I wouldn't be so hard of Dunta, but I agree completely with blaming the D.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read