Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2006   #1
David's Busted Carr
Veteran
 
David's Busted Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 36
Posts: 256
Rep Power: 9 David's Busted Carr is a team player
Default So what's the excuse this week?

Week 1: We're supposed to lose to Philadelphia and a healthy McNabb

Week 2: Indy - we've NEVER beaten them

But this was supposed to be our week to win against a STRUGGLING Washington team at HOME. Instead they use us as a get well pill and we are horrible in all aspects of the game.

As for Mario Williams another 3 whopping tackles, bringing his season total to what? 9? And don't give me that BS that he's getting double teamed and opening things up for teammates either. Giving up 30+ points a game the defense isn't worth a damn.

And you know what's even worse, people across the county don't even consider the Texans a real team. Twice now I've heard:

"Peyton Manning threw for 400 yards, granted it was against the Texans, but it's still 400 yards".

That is a freaking slap in the face, but the sad thing is.... IT'S TRUE!
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #2
gjmac2
Veteran
 
gjmac2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 43
Posts: 296
Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover
Default

The whole defense is just a mess! An absolute mess!

Where is the aggressive, blitzing defense I heard so much about? If we are going to give up yards and points, the least we can do is hit someone in the mouth!

Do these guys have any pride? Does Richard SMith have any pride? They let Washington come in here and treat us like rag dolls! PAthetic!
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #3
sakebomb
Hall of Fame
 
sakebomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Humble, TX
Posts: 1,275
Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

It's probably best they hadn't heard of us.
__________________
2011 - The year of the TEXANS!
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #4
Sportsfan
All Pro
 
Sportsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 979
Posts: 586
Rep Power: 11 Sportsfan is a fan favorite
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's Busted Carr View Post
So what's the excuse this week?

Our defense sucks and we have no running game. Its not an excuse, just the cold, hard truth.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame
 
Goldeagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spring
Age: 42
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default

I am in favor of the 4-3 but at this point Im hoping for Capers to come back!

Horrible defense

Carr fumbled 3 times

NO RUN GAME

did not blitz until the 4th quarter
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #6
Texan Ned
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 47
Posts: 58
Rep Power: 10 Texan Ned is ridin' the pine
Default

Well, at least David Carr leads the league in QB Rating. I guess this shows how important that stat is.
__________________
I would give up some completions in return for some yards
Texan Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #7
barzilla
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Webster
Posts: 299
Rep Power: 10 barzilla is a team player
Default

At this point I'm not really sure what to think. There are three facts that are undeniable.

1) While no one will nominate Carr for the Pro Bowl, he is playing better this season. At least we can credit Kubiak with that. As empty as his stats may be, he has thrown six TDs and one INT. Yes, QB rating is very misleading, but I don't see how anyone can claim he isn't playing better.

2) No one is scared of our running attack. Ron Dayne is a decent backup, but no one on the roster is a serious threat to rush for even 800 yards much less 1200.

3) The defense as a whole is sub-par

From there I'm not really sure where to go. I guess we could go in the tank and get another high pick. Then, maybe they could finally draft the stud running back. I think a stud RB would make our offense respectable. Yet, we cannot deny the shambles our defense is in either. Would a stud OLB that can really rush the passer (instead of dominate Maryland for all of his draft video) finally get this club to some respectability?

Listen, Mario's performance has been less than stellar, but the focus on him is unfair. He is not the only reason or even the main reason this team has given up more points than anyone in the NFL. You definitely have to have more than one guy not doing his job for that to happen. I think we're seeing the culmination of several lackluster drafts. How many legitimate Pro Bowlers are on this roster? One? Two? Fortunately, the Charlie Casserly era is finally over. Richard Smith will finally earn his keep at the next draft.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2006   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 18,139
Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Week 1: Excuse - We weren't really expecting to win this game. The Eagle D is hella wicked and the Eagle O is healthy again.

Week 2: Excuse - We weren't really expecting to win this game. It's the Colts, dammit.

Week 3: Excuse - We weren't really expecting to win this game. Getting Portis back made this offense get really healthy really quick. Oh, and we suck.

Week 4: Excuse - We aren't really expecting to win this game. The Dolphins were really strong at the end of last year and we still suck. Our only light is that the Dolphins suck so bad that they almost lost to the Titans (who suck.)

Week 5: No excuses needed because it's a bye week.

Week 6: Excuse - We aren't really expecting to win this game (although we really better because I'm going to be in the stands in my Domanick Davis jersey.) The Cowboys are a playoff calibre team and we aren't because we suck.

Week 7: Excuse - We aren't really expecting to win this game. The Jaguars have a dangerous defense and ours sucks.

Week 8: Excuse - We're hoping to win this game. The Titans suck almost as much as we do. Hopefully they'll be starting VY and our defense will finally be able to hold someone under 400 yards of offense.

Week 9: Excuse - We aren't really expecting to win this game. The Giants are going to eat us for breakfast because we suck.

Week 10: Excuse - We aren't really expecting to win this game. The Jaguars are a much better team because their team sucks because they're the Jags but our team sucks because it sucks.

Week 11: Excuse - We aren't really expecting to win this game but we might. The Bills suck but they've played a couple of teams really hard so far and we probably suck worse.

Week 12: Excuse - We hope to win this game. The Jets suck but they're better than we are. Pennington will probably be injured by this point and hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Week 13: Excuse - We better win this one. As bad as we suck, the Raiders suck, too.

Week 14: Excuse - We hope we win this one. See Titan description above.

Week 15: Excuse - We aren't going to win this one. It's the Patriots and they don't suck; we do.

Week 16: Excuse - We aren't going to win this one... unless the Colts have already clinched and aren't playing any of their starters and decide to field a high school team instead.

Week 17: Excuse - We might win this one. Because we both suck really bad and might be trying to lose the game to get the first pick in next year's draft. So, since we're trying to lose this one, we might win it.

So, our overall excuse is: We suck. Get used to it. Let's try to look on the bright side and keep a positive mental picture despite the massive amounts of suckage going on. Because, frankly, none of us have any power to change anything. These guys aren't trying to suck, they're just sucking. Let's not beat someone while they're down.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #9
kbourda
Hall of Fame
 
kbourda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Age: 43
Posts: 1,418
Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Ned View Post
Well, at least David Carr leads the league in QB Rating. I guess this shows how important that stat is.
And the worst thing about all of this going on with the defense, a proper guage on Carr cannot be determined. Yeah his QB rating is high but the team is 0-3.
__________________
I have officially coined the term, "Ow" Ming.
kbourda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #10
dantem
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 228
Rep Power: 9 dantem is a fan favorite
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
These guys have No PRIDE and No HEART

They SUCK!
Did you mean the team or the cry babies that put this thread together?

you folks have been dogging the Texans since I have been on this board... Not one good thing to say about the team that you claim to be fans of. Why do you act so supprised when the play poorly? I think you guys are the worst fans I have ever come across. (eccept for possibly the Eagles board last year) your Waaah Waaaah attitudes suck worse than the team does right now. But I'm sure you will continue to post this crap. It's your right as a fan to make every other fan as misirable as you are. I dare any of you to post the reason why you even like the Texans. I'll bet you'll post some crap about I was born here or I have always been a Texans fan.

Last edited by dantem; 09-24-2006 at 10:40 PM. Reason: to add to the comment
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #11
Bullpen Drew
All Pro
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin
Age: 43
Posts: 737
Rep Power: 10 Bullpen Drew is ridin' the pine
Default

I miss Dom Capers!!
__________________
Our time is coming.....

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #12
Texan Ned
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 47
Posts: 58
Rep Power: 10 Texan Ned is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpen Drew View Post
I miss Dom Capers!!
Well, he'll be back next weekend, and whaddya think he's thinking??? haha
__________________
I would give up some completions in return for some yards
Texan Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #13
Scott D
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 49
Posts: 118
Rep Power: 0 Scott D is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
Did you mean the team or the cry babies that put this thread together?

you folks have been dogging the Texans since I have been on this board... Not one good thing to say about the team that you claim to be fans of. Why do you act so supprised when the play poorly? I think you guys are the worst fans I have ever come across. (eccept for possibly the Eagles board last year) your Waaah Waaaah attitudes suck worse than the team does right now. But I'm sure you will continue to post this crap. It's your right as a fan to make every other fan as misirable as you are. I dare any of you to post the reason why you even like the Texans. I'll bet you'll post some crap about I was born here or I have always been a Texans fan.
Show us one good thing to be happy about. They're not even competitive. To lose is one thing, but to not show up is another. We just stand there and let them do whatever they please.
Scott D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #14
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran
 
Cruuuuuuuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 101
Rep Power: 9 Cruuuuuuuz is a team player
Default

The sucky part is that we suck with ALOT of new guys!
But we do have hope next week! The Dolphins have CAPERS! And we all know he SUCKS prolly worse than we do...So I say...LETS GO TEXANS!
1-3 by the bye!
Cruuuuuuuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #15
painekiller
Hall of Fame
 
painekiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: On the West Belt
Age: 52
Posts: 2,061
Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Ned View Post
Well, he'll be back next weekend, and whaddya think he's thinking??? haha
That the Texans finally have a real offense and Davis Carr is improving, wow I thought he was a bust, at least that is what my friend Coach Pendry told me. (That is Capers thinking not me saying it for those that did not know).
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #16
painekiller
Hall of Fame
 
painekiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: On the West Belt
Age: 52
Posts: 2,061
Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruuuuuuuz View Post
The sucky part is that we suck with ALOT of new guys!
But we do have hope next week! The Dolphins have CAPERS! And we all know he SUCKS prolly worse than we do...So I say...LETS GO TEXANS!
1-3 by the bye!
Capers sucks as a HC. He is an excellent DC. And the Dolphin's are struggling because there offense is not on track, not the defense.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #17
JDizzle
I'm a dude
 
JDizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,903
Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
NO RUN GAME
Not counting Carr's scrambles, we have averaged 4.5 ypc over the last 2 games. The running game can't be a problem when you're down 3+ scores in the 2nd half and are forced to abandon it,
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,570
Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post
Our defense sucks and we have no running game. Its not an excuse, just the cold, hard truth.
WE avg'd over 4 yards a carry.....

We stopped running when we got down by two touchdowns in the 1st half....... again.


Our problem on offense has nothing to do with the running game.

Then we have the Defense
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #19
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame
 
TK_Gamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Age: 51
Posts: 1,029
Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle View Post
Not counting Carr's scrambles, we have averaged 4.5 ypc over the last 2 games. The running game can't be a problem when you're down 3+ scores in the 2nd half and are forced to abandon it,
good point, I dont really think our mediocre run game is the problem at all, its the defense and drive killing mistakes and penalties. I for one wanna see this new defense that "gets after it" smith is a joke at DC. a team with a probowl dline can maybe get pressure with the front four, but we cant and someone needs to change things up and bring the heat. if it's not smith then Kubiak needs to step in and call it himself.
__________________
"Yeah, and Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, and Gale Sayers were *undersized* too...."
TK_Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,570
Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default

Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzilla View Post
At this point I'm not really sure what to think. There are three facts that are undeniable.

1) While no one will nominate Carr for the Pro Bowl, he is playing better this season. At least we can credit Kubiak with that. As empty as his stats may be, he has thrown six TDs and one INT. Yes, QB rating is very misleading, but I don't see how anyone can claim he isn't playing better.
Bull...... well, it depends on what you mean by better.

Carr is playing exactly how he has in the past. The only difference is between now, and last year, where he was scared...... with reason. IT still looks like he is better on the quick routes, that should be open. The quick outs underneath, or the short crossing routes. It almost looks like his mind is already made up where he is going with the ball before it is snapped.

Which is fine, we need to run more timing routes...... & we need to design more plays to get the safety to come down.

But he is still opting to take the underneath route, instead of hiting a reciever between the corner & the safety. He's underthrown three deepballs, where our guy had a step(was open).

He's playing like he did in 2004, which is better than last year, and probably all we should expect at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzilla View Post
2) No one is scared of our running attack. Ron Dayne is a decent backup, but no one on the roster is a serious threat to rush for even 800 yards much less 1200.
Bull..... if our defense could hold anyone, you'll see more RonDayne. If our QB would threaten the Safeties more often, you'd see big gains from RonDayne. If our Oline could open a whole, you'd see big gaines from RonDayne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzilla View Post
3) The defense as a whole is sub-par
Bulll....... we have no idea really, because they've just been taking themselves out of the play....... I blame it more on coaching and preread snaps than I do on poor talent. We have no idea how our talent stacks up, because they aren't being put into position to use their talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzilla View Post
From there I'm not really sure where to go. I guess we could go in the tank and get another high pick. Then, maybe they could finally draft the stud running back. I think a stud RB would make our offense respectable. Yet, we cannot deny the shambles our defense is in either. Would a stud OLB that can really rush the passer (instead of dominate Maryland for all of his draft video) finally get this club to some respectability?
We've already got a stud.......... a heisman winner, and the NCAA Carreer rushing leader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzilla View Post
Listen, Mario's performance has been less than stellar, but the focus on him is unfair. He is not the only reason or even the main reason this team has given up more points than anyone in the NFL. You definitely have to have more than one guy not doing his job for that to happen. I think we're seeing the culmination of several lackluster drafts. How many legitimate Pro Bowlers are on this roster? One? Two? Fortunately, the Charlie Casserly era is finally over. Richard Smith will finally earn his keep at the next draft.
We've got 4 on Defense that could be probowlers......... 5 maybe.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger