Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2006   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Call Tampa Bay?

Should we call Tampa Bay and offer Carr for their #1 next year?

Think Tampa would go for it?

I am a Carr but the guy can't win here no matter what he does.

Give him a fresh start and make a large % of your fan base happy.

Old 09-24-2006   #2
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

And get who Brady Quinn?

Id much rather keep Carr than having another rookie qb and a losing record for another 5 years.
Old 09-24-2006   #3
tburdette
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
And get who Brady Quinn?

Id much rather keep Carr than having another rookie qb and a losing record for another 5 years.
I agree w/ this. A rookie takes a few years to get up to speed with the pro game and we cannot afford to go thru that growing stage again. Carr is putting up good numbers and seems to have turned the corner. Now if we can just get a defense to help him out we might be a good team.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #4
tburdette
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley View Post
I've got news for you. We ARE in that growing stage. It's like starting from scratch. By the time we are competitive, Carr will be around 30 and will most likely only have a few years left in his career. Hence, a very small window of opportunity to win a SB
I just think though that getting another rookie QB will set us back another 4 years where right now we have a chance to be good in 2.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #5
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburdette View Post
I agree w/ this. A rookie takes a few years to get up to speed with the pro game and we cannot afford to go thru that growing stage again. Carr is putting up good numbers and seems to have turned the corner. Now if we can just get a defense to help him out we might be a good team.
Sage Rosenfelds won 6 games in a row last year. Now they'll tell you it's a team game but 6 wins is six wins. They need to make a change, a radical change if they expect people to stay with them. 5 years is enough of this stuff with Carr. He's perfected the theory that a QB will never get benched for getting sacked but always get benched for throwing INT's. So he plays not to throw INT's. Which is fine if you are all about playing it safe and building that QB rating. Personally I'd rather have the worst QB and some wins.
Old 09-25-2006   #6
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

When I heard about Simms' injury last night, I knew someone would suggest this. Tampa is a better team than us, so we would probably be talking about a mid to late 1st rounder. Not worth it, IMO, plus I like Carr.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
Sage Rosenfelds won 6 games in a row last year. Now they'll tell you it's a team game but 6 wins is six wins.
You have said this before and been corrected on it. STOP. Sage didn't even play in 6 games last year. He has started 2 games in his career and both were losses.
Old 09-25-2006   #8
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You have said this before and been corrected on it. STOP. Sage didn't even play in 6 games last year. He has started 2 games in his career and both were losses.
I am sorry. I thought he had a 6 game winning streak. Who won those games? Ferrotte?
Old 09-25-2006   #9
wrestler4life
Veteran

Quote:
I am sorry. I thought he had a 6 game winning streak. Who won those games? Ferrotte?
just stop
Old 09-25-2006   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes Frerote started 15 of 16 games last year including the end of the season run of 6 wins.
Old 09-25-2006   #11
Heywood
Veteran

carr would collapse under gruden's pressure. carr isn't man enuf for that- carr has spent his entire adult life being babied.

i prefer dealing with oakland- they are likely to have the #1 pick next year. trade carr for their #1 plus burgess. now, that's a trade!

course i'm guessing carr can't be traded must be a part of the horrific extension he got.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #12
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no way we get a 1st rounder for Carr in a trade.

Sage was not the starting QB for the Dolphins when they won six straight last year. He played a lot for one of those wins and very little in another one. Bottom line, that winning streak wasn't because of Sage. Otherwise, he would have stayed in Miami.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

If you think Tampa Bay would give us a #1 pick for Carr you are greatly mistaken. His current contract and his lack of a good W-L record preclude that from ever becoming reality.

Bottom line is that Carr has made progress this year and is not the reason we are 0-3. The only thing that getting rid of Carr would do is show the locker room that anyone can be gotten rid of at any time and that eventually we need results. We would get a 2nd or 3rd round for him and that is it. If he finished the season with a 100+ QB rating, we may be able to pilfer a late 1st rounder in the offseason but why would you do that? Brady Quinn doesnt impress me. No QBs in college currently impress me. Our best bet is to stick with Carr or sign a veteran FA that is hungry for a starting job. Now if Carr doesnt keep improving I may be more open to getting rid of him, but anyone who thinks he is the problem right now is fooling themselves...i am one of the biggest Carr bashers out there but aside from the fumbilitis he has improved under Kubiak's wing.

Doug from The Woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #14
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
He said it; because, like the Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels showed, if you repeat a lie enough and with conviction eventually people will believe you. This is what blind hatred of David Carr has done to him. Have pity for the poor soul.
If you are still a Carr defender after 5 years of his follies then Heaven has a special place you you. With the puppies and children. It's not that he's drop dead bad. It's not like Mike Lamb is drop dead bad at 1st base on defense either. But it's the intangibles, say for Lane it's the ability to throw straight under pressure or pick the ball clean under pressure, that gets guys like this relegated to the bench in spite of their prodigious capabilities. When there are two guys wide open in the flat on 3rd and 6 and the OLine is actually hold up on the play and Carr panicks and imagines pressure before throwing the incompletion over the middle, it's not going to show in the box score but he sucked it up on the play. That's what we are fed up about.
Old 09-25-2006   #15
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr is not the biggest problem of the team. Yes, he some good stats at times and plays well on the first drive at home and does some clean up work in the fourth. In the second and third quarters, Carr is nonexistent, just like the rest of the team, not to mention some mistakes that shouldn't happen.

Let's get one thing straight, Carr has not shown he can play all four quarters over an extended period time, which is the point of having an expensive quarterback. Granted he hasn't had much help, but I don't see how he can hang around 3 to 4 more years when the help could come around if Kubiak can get his act together.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #16
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
It also won't show when he bails out his offensive line by moving away from a defender coming clean from his blindside and he throws away the ball, or when he hits his recievers in the hands and they drop it. That happened yesterday I saw it, and the dropped pass still counts against Carr as an incompletion even though he did everything he could to put it in his reciever's hands.
And I saw him pitifully underthrow the receiver on the curl route in the 3rd quarter. The receiver was reduced to trying to break up the interception. Another play I saw him almost come out of his shoes to throw the ball 20 yards. He's not the cannon people make out. Not by a loooong shot.
Old 09-25-2006   #17
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 62902 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
carr would collapse under gruden's pressure. carr isn't man enuf for that- carr has spent his entire adult life being babied.

i prefer dealing with oakland- they are likely to have the #1 pick next year. trade carr for their #1 plus burgess. now, that's a trade!

course i'm guessing carr can't be traded must be a part of the horrific extension he got.
Oakland trade sounds good.

I only mentioned Tampa because I suspect they may go into panic mode with Simms being out.

Carrs contract would probably put the skids on any trade talks.

Just thinking out loud and throwing it out there for discussion.

Old 09-25-2006   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Bottom line is that Carr has made progress this year and is not the reason we are 0-3.
<snip>
Doug from The Woodlands
This is something I never thought I'd see without sarcasm involved.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Gradkowski will play for the Bucs.

I'm more interested in Adrian Wilson and Karlos Dansby from the Cards. They could use McKinney and are looking to trade Dansby. Wilson is an elite safety...not really on the block, but I want him.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When there are two guys wide open in the flat on 3rd and 6 and the OLine is actually hold up on the play and Carr panicks and imagines pressure before throwing the incompletion over the middle, it's not going to show in the box score but he sucked it up on the play. That's what we are fed up about.
See, there ya go again just making stuff up like the Sage six win thing. This didn't actually happen either. You really need to stop listning to those voices in your head.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read