Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-24-2006   #1
Snapple
Veteran

Default Chris Simms rushed to hospital, in critical condition

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlot...s/15599873.htm

Dammit. I take back everything bad I ever said about him. Just don't die, alright buddy?

EDIT: NBC says he's not in critical condition after all. Here's an updated link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2601555

Last edited by Snapple; 09-24-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Oh, my. I hope he's going to be ok. I wonder if he punctured a lung.
Old 09-24-2006   #3
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

The national outlets haven't picked this up yet. I'll hold out hope that maybe some erroneous information about the seriousness of his condition was given to the Observer reporter.
Old 09-24-2006   #4
Snapple
Veteran

Chris Simms has always had mixed reviews as a player, both in college and in the pros. I am also a Longhorn, and Simms was the team's QB during my freshman year at UT. So I followed his career closely in college, and now that I live in Florida, I still follow his career, because I get all the Bucs games.

Sure, maybe he didn't play his best in big games, but I didn't hate the guy. I was happy for him when he got a starting job in the NFL. I've teased him for having bad games since then, but I never wanted to see him seriously hurt like this. I can't turn my back on a fellow Longhorn.

If nothing else, he's a father, and his family needs him to be around. I hope he gets well.
Old 09-24-2006   #5
Scott747
Rookie

Rumor is that he has a busted spleen...

Would explain the CC report due to blood loss...
Scott747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #6
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

NBC just announced Sims was not in critical condition so thats good news...Close call for him though.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #7
Snapple
Veteran

Thank God. Very good news indeed.
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2006   #8
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
NBC just announced Sims was not in critical condition so thats good news...Close call for him though.
That's good news. I'm relieved. I hope we get another update soon.
Old 09-24-2006   #9
Paragon Blue
Veteran

ESPN just said he was in critical condition
Old 09-24-2006   #10
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Foxsports.com reported it through the AP. NBC is talking about it. It's so weird that ESPN isn't on it.
Old 09-24-2006   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

I spoke too soon. ESPN has the latest - his spleen was removed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2601555
Old 09-24-2006   #12
Snapple
Veteran

Yeah, I found that link too. Sounds very yucky, but at least it doesn't sound life-threatening.
Old 09-24-2006   #13
Snapple
Veteran

After you think about it, what Simms did today was pretty impressive.

Not only did he lead his team back from being down 17-0 to take the lead 24-23 in the 4th quarter, but he did it while having bruised ribs and a ruptured spleen for most of the game. That's pretty manly. Sure, the Bucs defense gave up a last second field goal and they didn't win, but that doesn't take anything away from the performance, I don't think.
Old 09-24-2006   #14
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Hopefully he is ok, never want to see any player, hurt..........our prayers our with you Chris............
Old 09-24-2006   #15
texaslifter
Veteran

I hope he gets better, but I'll be honest. As a longhorn, I am not surprised at all with his poor play. Oklahoma blowup anyone?
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

A bruised spleen can kill you.

A ruptured spleen is pretty impressive to play with.
Old 09-24-2006   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Broken rib and a ruptured spleen? That is real hard to think about playing pro ball with. Dang, I'm impressed with the dudes toughness.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006   #18
Tulip
Hall of Fame

On PTI, the guys just reported that Gruden said that Simms may be out for the season.
Old 09-26-2006   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Simms rushed to hospital, in critical condition

Tough kid no doubt. I always thought he got a raw deal from the Texas crowd. The rich Yankee Kid vs the cuddly Applewhite, Simms never had a chance at peace on the forty acres. Typical. He was my sleeper in driftaways IDP league. Thought he would have a great year. I wish nothing but the best for him. And a speedy recovery. Just by the grace of God it hasn't been Carr yet.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read