Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2006   #1
Proteus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 59
Rep Power: 10 Proteus is ridin' the pine
Default Distruction Overdrive

Whats going on here??? Last season, I verbally abused the Texans on this messageboard hopeing that they would get their heads out of their butts. This season, I have been quitely watching, waiting on my team to ... again ... get their heads out of their butts! With no success in sight, here I go again:
What a WASTE of a draft pick! Sometimes I even forget Williams is on the field. He has done nothing, produced nothing, defended nothing, and is nothing. This will go down in the record books as one of the worst picks of all time... anyone know what Ryan Leif is doing this season?
Carr, what a wreak! He's damaged goods and no longer capable of living up to his 'potential'. One too many cracks to the head would destroy anybody, and I give him credit for not playing in a wheelchair. But, I'm sure his brain is just mashed potatos he and needs to step down. Give someone else, who dosn't suffer from shell-shock, a chance. Carr, you've had yours.
Kubiak, the ghost of Capers lives in your house. He follows you to work, and sneeks inside your head when you call a play. It's only been 3 games since you climbed on board, but the 'open-mouth' 'what the heck just happened' 'I'm the ghost of football past' Capers is written on your face. Welcome to Houston.
I could go on and on, but after 5 years of watching the Houston Tragics, I'm finally done. Stick a fork in me mom, I'm cooked.
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #2
Proteus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 59
Rep Power: 10 Proteus is ridin' the pine
Default

Note to self:
Wash thouroghly after watching a Texan game.
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

While I can understand your frustration.. as one of the thousands of folks here that feel the same way but ARENT the quitting type.. let me be the first to say adios.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #4
texflex513
All Pro
 
texflex513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Age: 39
Posts: 615
Rep Power: 9 texflex513 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Whats going on here??? Last season, I verbally abused the Texans on this messageboard hopeing that they would get their heads out of their butts. This season, I have been quitely watching, waiting on my team to ... again ... get their heads out of their butts! With no success in sight, here I go again:
What a WASTE of a draft pick! Sometimes I even forget Williams is on the field. He has done nothing, produced nothing, defended nothing, and is nothing. This will go down in the record books as one of the worst picks of all time... anyone know what Ryan Leif is doing this season?
Carr, what a wreak! He's damaged goods and no longer capable of living up to his 'potential'. One too many cracks to the head would destroy anybody, and I give him credit for not playing in a wheelchair. But, I'm sure his brain is just mashed potatos he and needs to step down. Give someone else, who dosn't suffer from shell-shock, a chance. Carr, you've had yours.
Kubiak, the ghost of Capers lives in your house. He follows you to work, and sneeks inside your head when you call a play. It's only been 3 games since you climbed on board, but the 'open-mouth' 'what the heck just happened' 'I'm the ghost of football past' Capers is written on your face. Welcome to Houston.
I could go on and on, but after 5 years of watching the Houston Tragics, I'm finally done. Stick a fork in me mom, I'm cooked.
~Proteus
easy buddy take a breather lol...
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #5
Proteus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 59
Rep Power: 10 Proteus is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
While I can understand your frustration.. as one of the thousands of folks here that feel the same way but ARENT the quitting type.. let me be the first to say adios.
Is it called quiting when you run away from someone who wants to beat the crap out you? The Texans are beating the living fan out of me. Maybe I just need a break from all the abuse
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #6
Proteus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 59
Rep Power: 10 Proteus is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
easy buddy take a breather lol...
Take a breather, then a Vicoden, a nap and a smoke. Hopefully I'll breath my last breath, get hooked on Vicoden, sleep and never wake up, and smoke my lungs black. Then I'll come back and see that the Texans still suck. It's a vicious cycle.
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Is it called quiting when you run away from someone who wants to beat the crap out you? The Texans are beating the living fan out of me. Maybe I just need a break from all the abuse
~Proteus
Sounds like you were born to be a bandwagon fan.

To help speed along your departure..here is a list of teams you may be interested in latching on to for the next few seasons.

Colts
Chargers
Bengals
Seahawks


If you are looking for something a bit less shameful, here are teams that are on the verge of taking the next step.. so that you can pretend as though you arent a bandwagon fan because you were there "before they were competitive"

Bills
Bears
Ravens
Cardinals


If this is not enough to get you off our board, send me a PM and I will find you a forum for the team of your choice so that you can more easily make the transition to your next temporary home.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2006   #8
Proteus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 59
Rep Power: 10 Proteus is ridin' the pine
Default

My home is here, it's just too bad it's a broken home.
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #9
Dr2bKay
All Pro
 
Dr2bKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston/Nashville
Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Age: 33
Posts: 857
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Sounds like you were born to be a bandwagon fan.

To help speed along your departure..here is a list of teams you may be interested in latching on to for the next few seasons.

Colts
Chargers
Bengals
Seahawks


If you are looking for something a bit less shameful, here are teams that are on the verge of taking the next step.. so that you can pretend as though you arent a bandwagon fan because you were there "before they were competitive"

Bills
Bears
Ravens
Cardinals


If this is not enough to get you off our board, send me a PM and I will find you a forum for the team of your choice so that you can more easily make the transition to your next temporary home.
Preach!!! I do hope that he takes heed of your message....If you are not a REAL fan...find another board to troll...
__________________
@DrKay1908
Texans Ultimate Fan- PFUFA Class of 2011
Alpha Kappa Alpha: Loved by some, hated by many, envied by most yet wanted by plenty!
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #10
Proteus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 59
Rep Power: 10 Proteus is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
Preach!!! I do hope that he takes heed of your message....If you are not a REAL fan...find another board to troll...
You can preach a lie, but for once I want someone to preach the truth. Are any of you watching the same games I am???
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

yah.. and everyone feels let down.. just we arent giving up on our team or leaving because of it.

Course..you arent leaving either..despite your announcement that you are no longer a fan.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #12
Dr2bKay
All Pro
 
Dr2bKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston/Nashville
Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Age: 33
Posts: 857
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
You can preach a lie, but for once I want someone to preach the truth. Are any of you watching the same games I am???
~Proteus
I am at the games actually...

The point is...if you hate the team or dislike them...why waste your energy and time coming on this mb worrying about my Texans....go and support your team...whoever they may be for the moment...

I'm just saying...
__________________
@DrKay1908
Texans Ultimate Fan- PFUFA Class of 2011
Alpha Kappa Alpha: Loved by some, hated by many, envied by most yet wanted by plenty!
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #13
Proteus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 35
Posts: 59
Rep Power: 10 Proteus is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
yah.. and everyone feels let down.. just we arent giving up on our team or leaving because of it.

Course..you arent leaving either..despite your announcement that you are no longer a fan.
Very true, it's hard to leave something you've tried hard to stay with for 5 years.
~Proteus
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #14
ComstockLode
Veteran
 
ComstockLode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 311
Rep Power: 11 ComstockLode is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Sounds like you were born to be a bandwagon fan.

To help speed along your departure..here is a list of teams you may be interested in latching on to for the next few seasons.

Colts
Chargers
Bengals
Seahawks


If you are looking for something a bit less shameful, here are teams that are on the verge of taking the next step.. so that you can pretend as though you arent a bandwagon fan because you were there "before they were competitive"

Bills
Bears
Ravens
Cardinals


If this is not enough to get you off our board, send me a PM and I will find you a forum for the team of your choice so that you can more easily make the transition to your next temporary home.
What's funny is: That you would have put the texans in that second column you created at the beginning of the season. He may be a bandwagoner, but at least he isnt foolish.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

im not sure I followed your point there Comstock.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #16
ComstockLode
Veteran
 
ComstockLode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 29
Posts: 311
Rep Power: 11 ComstockLode is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
im not sure I followed your point there Comstock.
Before the season you thought the texans were a team that would take the next step.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #17
Doug
All Pro
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 38
Posts: 551
Rep Power: 11 Doug is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode View Post
What's funny is: That you would have put the texans in that second column you created at the beginning of the season. He may be a bandwagoner, but at least he isnt foolish.
The guy has posted in two threads that I'm aware of that he's leaving and giving up on the Texans yet is still here and posting about the Texans. Please give me your definition of foolish.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger