Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-24-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Greg Williams on blitzing

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=4676
Quote:
"When is the time right to throw a blitz? That comes through experience and time. I laugh and joke about that. People think that I go to Vegas and gamble. Well, I'm not a gambler. I don't do that stuff with money. All you have to do is come to ballgames and see us on third downs, or see us on first downs. All of those kinds of things--that's the fix I get from the competition part of it. When to do it, when not to do it.

"You just have to have a gut feel and what you see from a situational standpoint about what you see on film and the rhythms of the coordinator you're going against.

"More importantly, you have to play the game you're in. We go in every week with a plan of how we think the game is going to unfold. What happens is, when you're in that game, you have to be able to think, you have to be able to adjust. That keeps you in a ballgame as it happens.

"There are things that happen in a ballgame that we dial up that we didn't even rep that week in practice. Maybe we worked on it two weeks before and it can help us in a certain situation. Sometimes, we dial up a [blitz] because all of a sudden we see what their plan is and we have to counter it. That's the fun part of the game."
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

We must not have ever had the "right situation" I guess.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #3
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
We must not have ever had the "right situation" I guess.
More than likely we never get the "gut feel".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read