Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2006   #1
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default who was mario picked by

who do yall made the ultimate decision to go with mario, was it casserly, McNair, Kubiak, Richard Smith

i serously think that it was McNair's pick and not kubiak, cause what coach would turn down reggie bush?

but dont get me wrong, i still suport mario, but i would rather have reggie
but whatever, nothing i can do
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

peyton manning's
Old 09-24-2006   #3
Honch Delgado
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
who do yall made the ultimate decision to go with mario, was it casserly, McNair, Kubiak, Richard Smith

i serously think that it was McNair's pick and not kubiak, cause what coach would turn down reggie bush?

but dont get me wrong, i still suport mario, but i would rather have reggie
but whatever, nothing i can do
It was Kubiak, even said he would still take Mario if he knew DD couldn't play the season.
Old 09-24-2006   #4
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i just dont get it then? :brickwall

but does it really feel that way in his heart?, or does he say that just cuz he doesnt want media latchin on to it?
Old 09-24-2006   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honch Delgado View Post
It was Kubiak, even said he would still take Mario if he knew DD couldn't play the season.
Because look how bad our defense needs help.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #6
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Because look how bad our defense needs help.
and hes helpin that???
Old 09-24-2006   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Mario was Kubiak's pick because he knew that the defense needed the most work.

Personally, I still think that both Bush and Young are going to be busts. I still think Mario was the best pick at #1.

BTW, I was one of the ones who thought we should trade down and get more picks. I was in the DBrick camp.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2006   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

At the end of the year ... which will be greater ? The number of Texan wins or the number of sacks by Mario .
Old 09-24-2006   #9
hot pickle
Canada Eh

sacks by mario, his game will come, and i still think we will be lucky if we win 4
i think 6 sacks for mario this season
Old 09-24-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the D-line coach (Karmelowicz) really wanted Mario, but he had his best interest in mind rather than the team's best interest. I think the o-coordinator (Calhoun) wanted Bush as badly as the d-coordinator (Smith) wanted Mario, and Kubiak made the final decision.

Kubiak has more power with the Texans than anyone has had previously.
Old 09-24-2006   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think that Mario was Kubiak's pick because he knew that the defense needed the most work.

Personally, I still think that both Bush and Young are going to be busts. I still think Mario was the best pick at #1.

BTW, I was one of the ones who thought we should trade down and get more picks. I was in the DBrick camp.
I still think that Mario was a good pick, but I don't think that Reggie and Vince are going to be busts at all.
Old 09-24-2006   #12
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

It makes sense that it was Kubiak's choice. Frankly, he's had plenty of success with a mediocre quarterback and late-round running backs. And because he can't micromanage the defense, it makes sense to try to compensate with better personnel.
Old 09-24-2006   #13
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Kubiak's choice. Why? Because his ego told him he could succeed with ANY running back in his system just like Shanny. Very bad choice IMO.
wwffan99tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #14
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
At the end of the year ... which will be greater ? The number of Texan wins or the number of sacks by Mario .

Tie

0-0
wwffan99tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #15
Cook Thom
Rookie

The Texans need to draft football players and not athletes. They spend too much time eyeing beef cake at the combine and timing forty yard dashes. They need to pay more attention to how the players looked in the real games they played. If they would have done that simple thing Mario would not have been a first round draft pick. He did not tear up the ACC while at NCS. Among other things he took too many plays off. Well, guess what he is still taking plays off but he now has a fat wallet.
Cook Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Well casserly defended that pick and said he made it so i tend to believe him why would he lie but he was also quoted as saying that if he knew DD was not going to play he would take bush.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Satan
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006   #18
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Satan
lol
Old 09-24-2006   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Difficult year for a trade down with so much talent near the top of the draft.

In any event, Kubiak made the pick. IIRC, I read somewhere that Mario is the youngest starter in the NFL (he came out as a true junior). It's hard to depend so much on a rookie, especially one that doesn't have too many studs on the line to help out.

That being said, even if you are depending a lot on rookies, no DC should run a defense that allows nearly 500 yards per game.
Old 09-24-2006   #20
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still think Mario was the best pick at #1.
At this point, I don't even think Mario's mom would say that!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read